Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view on quests is simple; if you're following me around while I'm doing something, you should be able to take mental notes. If you really have questions afterwards, you should be left to figure it out, eh. Gogo vague hints. And don't pin the OOC sharing only on the 'older' players, I'm slightly offended :b
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• it would be awesome to have the GROUP command display color changes in the group members health as they get low. Like our own health maybe?
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• When will the pawn shop stock items again?

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
          When will the pawn shop stock items again?
          While I would prefer you leaving the idea thread to ideas and not questions for gods, I will have Minelli stock some things. For future reference, please talk to a God if you have a question for them.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I can honestly say that it took me a while to learn the whole 'hole' thing with the flute because even though I had seen the quest because of those older players taking me on bashes as a youngling. I mean, I learned about Fillegan but unless you literally log everything it doesn't make it easy. Example the axe, even now days the newer players don't know all the drop spots for the axe, I had to learn the spots without having locating same goes for like the theatre and I'm basically the whole reason the ghoul won't come out of the room anymore. It does kind of erk me when the 'novices' come in and automatically know all this shit when they claim they were shown but again if you didn't literally log it they wouldn't know. I like that the pitchfork and stuff aren't always in the same place anymore that adds some difficulty to it, I wouldn't mind seeing the drum or axe have a few more drop spots that would make the older members have to get it from more locations it wouldn't exactly make it more difficult but like the drum... its always in the same spot and thats one of the easiest quests. Its like the Domhan thing, now he impedes examining the banner ((-cough cough-)) my bad. Some things you don't get to learn until you get put in the position where you are forced to.
            Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
            A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Is it possible that Strakon's lair/cave/hideout door be pickable from the inside? The key resets and the door locks at the same time, trapping those of us with no escape artist shadow skills.
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Recently returning and being made aware of the Languages skill addition. I was wondering if it could be made that a persons standard language choice would be from where you are from. A Ysallyrian citizen would speak with 'say' in the Ysallyrian language. I am not sure but I would assume that novices would have access to their home city in regards to language speaking as well.

This change would prove to keep conversations in character. It would be particularly interesting from a novice's perspective when they would walk into a foreign environment and hear a nonsensical language. Further more, it could serve to develop each city further by requiring that guests to their home city be asked to speak in their native tongue. If I were to visit Golgonath, it would be rude of me to speak in the Ysallyrian ancient tongue when I could assume that some Golgonath members, even rulers, may not be knowledgeable in my ancient tongue.

I feel that if this Idea were ever implemented, a new language ((Dumbianese)) would be required so that all members of akanbar could speak to all novices regardless of cities. Also, such things as the Novice chat would have to be considered immune from languages.

Even if this idea is not implemented from a coding perspective, we as players could make a effort as individuals to help keep our cities in character and the land in general. A simple alias change to 'say' making say = sayl (home language) %1 %1 ..... You would still have the ability to type Sayl (Language) yadda yadda yadda ... So, although this is an idea thread designed for implemented use for all players, we as individuals could do this as well. I for one will start this now.

On a side note, is there a way to use tells in a specific language. Being aware that almost all the Forsaken have high enough Intelligence to understand most if not all languages, it could be a good/fun defense for those in novice Forsaken wishing to hear foreign conversations. An obvious small thing seeing that the Forsaken are the only thing that can over hear conversations, but still, this might help keep characters aware of their role and still force people to be aware of who they are talking to and what language it is appropriate to talk to them with.

Also. Not sure if this is in development, but if we can speak a language, should we also be able to read the language. I am perfectly aware that reading and speaking are completely different... but something just to think about.

As a player base, I'd still like to hear your thoughts.

EDIT:

For those of you wishing to implement something like this, I have provided two aliases below that will make doable.

SAY

#if (@language=1) {sayl Ysallyran %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}
                #if (@language=2) {sayl Elysian %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}
                #if (@language=3) {sayl Golgonian %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}
                #if (@language=4) {sayl Murandi %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}
                #if (@language=5) {sayl Dwarvish %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}
                #if (@language=6) {sayl Kzuli %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10 %11 %12 %13 %14 %15 %16 %17 %18 %19 %20 %21 %22 %23 %24 %25 %26 %27 %28 %29 %30 %31 %32 %33 %34 %35 %36 %37 %38 %39 %40}

SPEAK

language=%1
                #if (@language=1) {#echo You have just selected Ysallyran}
                #if (@language=2) {#echo You have just selected Elysian}
                #if (@language=3) {#echo You have just selected Golgonian}
                #if (@language=4) {#echo You have just selected Murandi}
                #if (@language=5) {#echo You have just selected Dwarvish}
                #if (@language=6) {#echo You have just selected Kzuli}
                Last edited by Ashrabia; 7 February 2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                  Changes to SAY suggested
                  The addition of languages came with a strict rule that SAY was not changed in any way. I completely agree with this and will not be implementing such a change.

Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                  Tell changes
                  I do not know how I feel about this, but, should I learn to like this idea, I will implement it. Otherwise, tells will stay as is.

Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                  Reading in languages
                  This has been coded for years.
                  Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Just a small reminder, but please do not "tell", email, message or forum message Me ideas, even if you think I wouldn't mind because I like you. The only exception would be if I approach you, wanting your opinion or idea. It's largely not because it's a hassle, but because you'll send Me a tell, I'll be working on something else or interacting with someone and your idea will be forgotten quickly. Periodically, I go through the idea thread and see if there were any good ideas I missed. If you did not post your idea here, it will not be considered.

The same goes for bug threads and Bug Reports. If you want a bug fixed, unless it's a bug that's immediately going to destroy Akanbar, report it via the forums. Shoving in line is no fun for anyone.

Comment

• I find myself using the internal macros quite a lot. Recently however it seems I'm running out of numbers.
                      Could the bar be raised from 100 to say... 200? Or even higher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Manazyri View Post
                        I find myself using the internal macros quite a lot. Recently however it seems I'm running out of numbers.
                        I completely agree with this. Had there been 'enough' internal macros, I might not have even bought ZMud and then CMud as well. Though, at some point one could argue that you'd have to get such a application because although the Macros are great, they still have some limitations.

NEW IDEA

This is another idea for a new village. Concept behind the village is that there is a time warping shield that surrounds the entirety of the village. The exact image that I had in mind is that there would be a dome with what would look like a blueish green, slightly transparent, field separating the village from the rest of Akanbar. Anything that enters it would experience the same (similar) effects to that of the eternity rune. Simply talking to the denizens could be a task. Doing quests and such within that village would also be hampered due to the increased time it would take to travel between locations.

There are multiple directions that such a village could present. Specific quests to take down the time distortion shield/vortex/thingy and then to put it back up again. A lengthy storyline could be developed which included numerous reasons as to why the vortex got put up in the first place. Accidentally prone wizard who can't figure out how to take down his mistake, Evil wizard in a distant tower... use your imagination, I am sure a much more well thought out storyline could exist within one of your minds.

Not to mention, the implications for combat near or within the area. Using the environment as a tactic in warfare is no small secret. This would be just another environment that would add a new dimension. Imagine an assassin getting you trapped within this village and your stuck with powders. An Ice wall prevents you from leaving and from the outside, darts are being shot at you relentlessly (Things coming in would not be altered by the time distortion). Even with both parties fighting from within the vortex, it would force a much more deliberate spar, mistake free if you would. Even a spar where you'd start outside of it, being used to our regular fast paced spars and then all the sudden be summoned into a place as described above.

It is something to think about at least? An addition like this by no means requires that spars use it. It is still completely up to the individual on what environment they choose to take advantage of. the only real advantage that is given would be if one opponent is outside and the other inside. However, if fairness/balance was still a concern, a shop from within could sell potions or items that would give temporary relief to the effects of the time distortion.

I personally think this would be a environment that has great potential. Let me know what you all think.

SIDE NOTE:

This idea doesn't need to be limited to a new village or even a village at all. Imagine Akanbar where for some unknown divine reason, random parts of Akanbar experience these time distortions. Quest runs that so many individuals have done automatically would almost instantly fail. It could present a new and random challenge each real life week/day that you enter. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Manazyri View Post
                          I find myself using the internal macros quite a lot. Recently however it seems I'm running out of numbers.
                          I agree with this, though I think for those who use all macros, it would be pretty amazing to have a command that can list what each macro has set to it, as well as a command to look at a specific one in case you make long macros, like I have.

EDIT:I also feel like Ashrabia's idea is an interesting one, though what if instead of a village, maybe this could be a god hosted PvP battleground? would be an interesting idea if we could get enough people around at one time.
                          Last edited by Seig; 12 February 2012, 09:18 PM.

Words to Live By:

Comment

• Originally posted by Seig View Post
                            it would be pretty amazing to have a command that can list what each macro has set to it, as well as a command to look at a specific one in case you make long macros, like I have.
                            I might be wrong about what you are requesting, but I think that such a command already exists. 'LM" lists my internal macros. I believe that after you make like 20 macros it condenses so that you type 'LM 30' and it will show you macros 30 through 40 or something close that. I hope this helps, otherwise I might not be understanding what your actually asking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                              I might be wrong about what you are requesting, but I think that such a command already exists. 'LM" lists my internal macros. I believe that after you make like 20 macros it condenses so that you type 'LM 30' and it will show you macros 30 through 40 or something close that. I hope this helps, otherwise I might not be understanding what your actually asking for.
                              oh... whoops. did not know that command existed....

Words to Live By:

Comment

• For those of you who have Rune Mastery in Lore and understand the uses of such a skill, I'd like to purpose an additional idea. It would make sense that something of value could be created by combining the distinct runes together, so here are a few possible additions:

1. Similar to the concept behind a Campfire, I'd suggest that a runic combination of three runes have the potential to create a longer lasting Campfire of Sorts. The obvious benefits would be heat to dry you from the rain and a longer lasting source of light. I would personally use this within my home, guild, and anywhere else I might wish to take a nap. The real question behind this idea is the duration that it exists. In my opinion, if it had a life span of 5 or more months but less than 20, this conjured item/flame would have sufficient value. Anything more would completely undermine the Fires skill and anything less wouldn't be of value to off set the cost. It should be noted that this item couldn't be picked up. Where ever you are where it is invoked, it would be there either on the floor or hovering in the air. Unable to be moved. So it wouldn't be like a torch or light crystal.

2. This idea is based exactly off the Azure Crystal that is already in existence. With a runic combination of 3, a Azure crystal could be created. The difference is that the crystal created would have a much, much shorter life span. For this item, I'd suggest a random duration ranging from 1-5 months. Or even shorter to just mere hours. The purpose of this design is for raiding situations, or spars. When going to buy one for 7.5 gold isn't exactly convenient or practical.

3. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of another idea that I felt worthy of putting in this post. So I leave the third possible addition to the whole of Akanbar. I'd be interested to hear if you think more could be done with Rune Mastery and what some of your ideas would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X