Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elixirlist does that yes but I'm more referring to showing how many you have of each potion at a glance, bottles and possibly total sips. I know that a lot of people will have inventory scanners for that but for those that don't it might be a nice addition.

Comment

• Joc - It's a good idea, the -ac from not having a shield would help the other guilds get more damage in against you though...
      Maybe something along the lines of shieldslam, still using a shield, but damage not stun, and remove the shield ac from your total while your left hand is off balance...

If you did the two weapon route... would the off-hand weapon get a parry chance as well? Would definitely make things more interesting when fighting the melee guilds.

Carrlen - I... agree with this idea, I don't know why, but I do... I don't know how feasible it is to store your bottle in something, then sip it without having to remove bottle, then sip it though..

Adding on to Carrlen's idea, If the sash does go ahead, could we have different compartments for different potions... so when it runs out we know what was in it? Short of that, maybe if you have elixirlist, or another skill maybe a bit higher... Ex a bottle, or hit elixirlist, and it will tell you what was last in it...
      ex bottle
      an empty potion bottle sits here, a few small drops of red still cling to the bottom, remnants of the health potion which was stored here previously.

Comment

• Na. It wouldn't give you a parry chance. That's not how the in-game mechanics works. Parry chance is only based on your right hand. I use my left hand balance to shield slam already, and I only proc my parries off of my right hand if the left hand is still recovering balance to use shieldslam again.

I'm against a damage version of shieldslam for shields. And taking more damage from other guilds while wielding two weapons is intentional. You are trading more offense for less defense. I wish to keep shield n' one-handed weapon style the way it is. Nothing more complicated should be added to that.

All I ask if a simple skill added to Melee to unable us to attack with an off-hand weapon with a 15-20 second balance (15 seconds being based on rapier speed and 20 seconds being based on battleaxe weapon speed). It'll present a short-burst type offense that should give melee players more options to pick.

And if you're concerned about losing defense when you're not wielding a tower shield... meh! I've been killing mages and other guilds with a two-handed pike all my life. There is more than one way to mitigate damage without the armor and resistance of a shield. And I would teach you, but I'd have to charge.

And to address future concerns:

Question: Wouldn't this make wielding two weapons a more favorable option over two-handed weapons?

Answer: Nope! We'll do every possible means to balance this. Two-handed weapons swinging will always have a place. I.E. Constant hard-hitting damage and pressuring the opponent over time. Wielding two weapons will be balanced by making the off-hand skill deal less damage than the primary swing attack, and tweaking the balance recovery speed of the off-hand attack. Dual wielding will introduce a more burst damage style game play, which might have more relevance in group fights where you really just want to damage a person as quickly as possible, instead of opting for a two-handed weapon in an attempt to deal large amounts of damage over time.

Question: Dual wielding = more parrying?

Answer: No. Current mechanics doesn't permit it. And asking the Divine to change and allow more parrying chance while wielding two weapons is a big no-no. From my long experience as a melee combatant, I'm completely against the idea. Especially as a Legionnaire who already deals huge amounts of damage with two-handed weapons. Don't give me another overwhelming advantage over my opponents. >_> Especially against other melee combatants.
        Last edited by Joscelin; 21 February 2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• While I can agree that off hand attacks would add flavour to the melee class, don't you think that they already have higher constant damage output than nearly every other guild class? Adding more just seems like overkill. I recall testing kryllian pike damage with Aaridan when he had all the legion damage bonus' on, it was taking around 25% of my health per swing.

For the elixir/sash idea: Carllen, if this doesn't get implimented I have a quick tip for you. Elixirlist lists the bottles in assending order of the bottle numbers (as long as you haven't been sipping any of them recently).
          I have set my bottles up so that each potion and salve type are in a group. The first five bottle numbers are for clotting, the next five for dispersion, etc. Its not perfect, and you do need to keep track of which ones you are filling, but you may find it easier to keep track.
          We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Joscelin: In my opinion, giving melee fighters more total damage would only increase the damage gap between the mage class and the melee class. As it stands, mages have to rely on afflictions to land kills because our damage doesn't cut it against an unsurpassed melee fighter. It might be feasible if damage from right-hand weapons was cut, but I don't think it would be a fair move to leave damage as it stands and then add another damage front. Unless, of course, mage damage was bumped a good deal to balance it.

Malic: Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Well, theoretically... we would have the offhand attack and main hand attack do 27%-28% of yer health on the first attack, but then it'll be a normal one-handed swing for the next 17-20 seconds when the left hand balance recovers itself for another off-hand swing. I'm pretty sure we can balance it out to make a unique style of combat that is different from the two-handed weapon option.

Comment

• Just to squash any excited mortals' hopes and dreams, we will not be implementing the offhand weapon idea in the near future (real-life year). This is not to say we will be implementing it. It is simply to say that it does not pass the initial round of approval by any means.

Highlights of conversation include mortals apparently being in charge of balancing skills as well as bumping the topic after it was introduced five hours prior. Lowlights include Joscelin hitting on everyone.

Other hope squashing soon to come if deemed necessary.
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Ah, that's quite understandable. Also I'll keep in mind about the bumping topics thing in the future. Sorry about that. Was just excited about getting feedback on it.

Comment

• Wrong thread, forgive me.
                    Last edited by Ashrabia; 23 February 2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• I wish there was a thread for things like that idea.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Slave/Gladiator Arena

This idea has the potential to be really complex and thus even more interesting. However, I am going to try and simplify it in the way that I would like to see it first implemented and then explain the more complicated aspects of it, or the full vision.

The most basic way of explaining this is like this: A combat arena of about 20 individuals. Most of which having names and having the potential for new names as this evolves. Each month a new contest would begin and at months end the contest would end. Each contestant would be able to be examined for strengths and weaknesses. For example, "Marcus of Haddam has trained his whole life with nets and his prowess with a knife is matched by none other, however, a small limp in his left leg could have a negative effect on his survivability in as the contest continues." Something like this could be seen for each contestant. The reason why this is important is to help the odds. It is possible still, that a completely healthy and professionally trained soldier who enters the arena might still lose. However, betting on such a person would have a far lower pay out.

Assuming that there are 20 contestants, each contestant would have a specific odds. 20 to 1, 1 to 1. Obviously, it is much less likely for a forced slave to win the entire contest, but if I put 1 gold on him and he does win, 20 gold thus won. Chances are not with you of course, but still it is your choice. Each month, the odds would change with the winner of the previous month still there, to defend his 'title'.

Ideally, this Idea would be in the desert near Lymr due to the slave trading that already exists.

Where it gets complicated and thus my true vision. The contests could be manipulated. Thus making the odds turn out in your favor. For instance. David could throw a Iron sword and shield to his contestant, say slave #2. However, it can't be an accurate throw so it lands right next to him. Of course he could pick it up which would help #2 but if he is in combat with #4 then #4 might more easily kill #2. It would be another layer of risk and reward on top of. If your contestant wins, you'd get the weapons back. ((Only one person can bet on one contestant)) You'd also get all the other gear that was thrown into the games... which would also change the way the games work and what is thrown into it. Most likely we wouldn't be throwing in Kryllian gear guarantying a victory for a few gold coins... You could possibly lose all the goods.

On a different note, another option to the armour/weapon involvement. You could place a store within the arena where you purchase items for contestant and then the arena would deliver them. This could be weapons and armour as stated above, but could also be include health potions or simply water. Some contestants might be dying of thirst. The battle lasts 24 days.... Of course, with this idea, the items would be considerably cheaper. A full set of iron armour might only cost 5 gold to influence the conclusion of the arena battles.

The next part of this idea would be a viewing gallery. Oh my! you might be thinking. This sounds exactly like the Colosseum. It basically is but with a twist. With the viewing gallery, you'd be able to watch your contestants in combat. Watch how they deal with the new equipment and so forth.

The idea is a bit sick, I admit. However, it would add some depth to Lymr... give the trading business a bit of substance. Also, the quest/arena is heavily focused on Golgonath. I don't imagine that Elysium would be partaking in betting on the death of contestants in such an arena. Kind of like the bounty hunter I guess in a way? I don't know... let me hear your thoughts as I am interested to hear them, good or bad.

Comment

• I would enjoy all the bottles being labeled by there contents.

What I mean is if I wish to empty mending, it empties my bottle containing mending. If I wish to give someone clotting I can give clotting to X instead of salve or by number.

Would make filling empty bottles, and handing one over a lot easier.

Date: 24-2-2012 at 5:14.
                          To: Everybody.
                          Subj: Iron and Kryllian Weapons and Armour

You will find yourself unable to wield mithril or kryllian
                          weapons if you do not possess the ability to do so in
                          weapons. The same change will happen to armour within the
                          coming days, however, you are given a warning in advance.
                          If you are wielding a kryllian or mithril weapon and you
                          do not have the ability to do so, please take this as a
                          warning to stop wielding it and find a replacement
                          weapon. I will force you to unwield it soon.
                          Makes sense, but could we possibly add a bit more. So scalemail and the other armours become a tad more used?
                          Last edited by Oskar; 27 February 2012, 04:08 AM.
                          Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• That would be rather nifty to add skills to agility.

Comment

• AB WEAPONS
                              Mithril Using mithril weapons and armour.
                              Kryllian Using kryllian weapons and armour.

Have you considered having the ability to wear rare metal armours added to agility instead of weapons?
                              It just seems to make more sense. That way offensive equipment is linked to its relevant skill, and the same for defensive equipment.
                              Some people may wish to opt for a defensive heavy character, (thinking mostly merchant classes) and this way they could have the best defensive setup without having to train weapons.
                              We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Well, with all the hub-bub of Golgonath killing Tuireann to stop Elysium from doing the dragon head, and a lone Elysian acting of his own killing Arkad, I thought of an interesting idea. Maybe the demons should have an alternative to Tuireann to make the dragon head for them. You could simply use the goblins maybe? Or a new village if that is in the future. I know that Elysium is a war with places like Lymr, Baresh, and Grebnarsh, just like Golgonath is at war with the dwarves. I feel like this would make the roleplay of stopping sed Dragon heads more realistic for us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X