Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You like it I don't, It's why I refrain from signing the Blood scroll. I would imagine others do as well for that reason or lack in believing their combat skills are good enough for it.
    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• More of a small change than an idea:

Symbiote devour - If your symbiote is at full health, allow it to heal a small amount. I was thinking 200-250, same balance cost on devour.

Comment

• After a challenge last night and into this morning I couldn't help but think that in many ways non-melee guilds are setup for failure. Most victories take every ounce of perfection to pull off, and I am sure many of you can relate to what I am saying. For guilds like the Assassins, Runesmiths, and Forsaken especially that struggle to compensate for the melee guilds ability to parry. For the Shaman, Wardens, and Pyromancers it just becomes a case of not having the afflictions to help get the kill in, even with the increase in damage due to them wielding a two-handed (spike damage) weapon. David won the challenge due to a cheap starvation, but the fight was easily dominated by Oskar just with pure damage output(without horse), it was nothing that he was doing extra to control the fight....just the fact that his spike damage is/was far too much for any type of non-melee person to deal with and stand there and fight.

I have an idea that I'll post below that I strongly feel would help balance the issue out, and make fights more of a equal balance instead of the non-melee person always "fleeing" and then the melee person sitting there running their mouth about how superior they are. Sure I could easily swap to the Templars and stand toe to toe(trading swings) back and forth with Oskar or any other Melee person, but why shouldn't the non-melee guilds have that chance? It's the simple reasoning that Melee fights can often negate their damage(s) by parry. So I propose the following ideas, all that in turn will act/feel like a parry just with no counter strike such as Skewer/Rip.

Assassins:

Side Step(Assassination)- Allows the train assassin to use their agility and move away from typical swings. The melee person barely hits them causing the damage to be halved.

Runesmiths:

Earth Rune- A change to the rune that allows the Runesmith to have rock armour that will at times absorb the swing, cutting the damage to half. (show it to themselves)

Forsaken:

Symbiote Dodge- Forsaken uses their symbiote to grant them the ability to weave in and out of attacks. (not really knowledgeable of forsaken skills so that can be left in the hands of another) *Works like Side Step*

Or just give them Truestrike back to balance out parry/missing melee.

Magic Guilds:

Absorption (Intonation)- Ability for the Mage to cast a shield upon themselves that will from time to time absorb damage dealt to them and turn it into half damage.

---------

Just a few ideas, I am sure the Melee people will say that if these get put in then there should be some type of magical damage reduction, but if you look around there is plenty of ways to fight a Mage. If the skill even fired at the same rate of parry then it'd still be in the favor of the Melee person as non of the listed guilds above can skewer/rip you as other melee opponents do. The damage is halved and not completely negated.....half of 991(which was dealt to David last night) is still 495/6 a swing

Anyways, those are just my ideas and I thought I'd share them. Do I really care that it's hard to overcome( Sure of course, I like to compete) and usually I do come out on the victory end of things, but by no means will it cause me to quit.

I also understand that all the non-melee guilds are far more superior at mobility and escaping the fight, but it shouldn't be after four-five swings. It goes back to the melee person doesn't technically have to do anything special to achieve the victory whereas the non-melee guilds have to be perfect and even that isn't good enough because the melee person also runs away when faced with running or dying.
        Last edited by David; 16 September 2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• This is an idea being thought about with only Legion pike damage(The 991 mentioned) in mind. If these are implemented, which I honestly don't think they will be, it will effectively hurt all melee guilds, especially when they're using a one-handed weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by David
            For the Shaman, Wardens, and Pyromancers it just becomes a case of not having the afflictions to help get the kill in
            My understanding is that stigmata is cast once, and causes like 10 afflictions...? And can't Forsaken afflict from a distance, as well as undetected?

Originally posted by David
            It's the simple reasoning that Melee fights can often negate their damage(s) by parry.
            They can also miss.

Futhermore, Storm Wardens in particular have an extra damage source.

And for bashing purposes, 90% of mobs deal physical damage, making Agility much more practical to allocate crystals to than Resilience, giving any magic guild an advantage in that respect.

In short, I don't think these skills are necessary. I do think some guilds are more tactical than others, but that's not necessarily a bad thing either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
              And for bashing purposes, 90% of mobs deal physical damage, making Agility much more practical to allocate crystals to than Resilience, giving any magic guild an advantage in that respect.
              I'm still thinking over the orginal idea, but can't agree with this comment. When judging the balance of combat skills you shouldn't take into consideration what people may have or may not have chosen to train. The only way you can truly compare the skillsets is by assuming complete training in all skills.

Edit: I'm not saying your wrong, just that it isn't relevent.
              Last edited by Malic; 17 September 2011, 01:28 AM. Reason: For clarity
              We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                can't Forsaken afflict from a distance, as well as undetected?
                Unless I'm mistaken, That'd be a no on distance (Someone better versed in Psionics, correct me if I'm wrong), but it is more or less undetected.

On a secondary note, the afflictions that stigmata causes are spread out and commonly known. Most fighters can cure it without even breaking a sweat.

All that aside, I don't consider myself a particularly gifted fighter, and I never had trouble as a warden. I can't speak for all non-melee guilds, but that one, is not at a disadvantage.
                We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                  Unless I'm mistaken, That'd be a no on distance (Someone better versed in Psionics, correct me if I'm wrong), but it is more or less undetected.
                  The only way they can get distance is with 2 forsaken, one of them being mindlinked. where the person who mindlinks can use the other to blast people with psionics, kind of like a medium. Also Psionic bolts can be shot from far away(1 room as far as I'm aware).
                  Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                  2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                  Words to Live By:
                  "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                  "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Speaking about David and Oskar's fight. Not sure if you how you got your dragon back or if it was weaker. But I did kill it. You also need to look at it this way I was taking you cloud out of the equation by staying indoors. Not only that but then I was staying away from water and letting you come to me. Pretty sure Magi aren't supposed to be played like that. Your the mobile one not me, make me come to you. Then you have brawling and Stigmata, and a dragon which can all afflict me. Find a way to get lucky with a daze/confuse and it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                      Speaking about David and Oskar's fight. Not sure if you how you got your dragon back or if it was weaker. But I did kill it. You also need to look at it this way I was taking you cloud out of the equation by staying indoors. Not only that but then I was staying away from water and letting you come to me. Pretty sure Magi aren't supposed to be played like that. Your the mobile one not me, make me come to you. Then you have brawling and Stigmata, and a dragon which can all afflict me. Find a way to get lucky with a daze/confuse and it's over.
                      Pretty sure you don't have to tell me how to play/ed a Warden, you lost each fight......but I really appreciate your advice! If you ever want advice on how to play a capable melee fighter, I think I know a person to talk to, but for now I'll correct your saying on getting "lucky" with daze/confuse.

"Find a way to beat icewalls and it's over."

This is an ideas thread though, so I will post one!

I know it's been said before, but I will ask again.

1.) A way for Runesmiths to check armour status. It'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S.- Dragons are shifty creatures?
                      Last edited by David; 19 September 2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• There should be some herb or something that causes insomnia

That way we stop falling asleep all the damn time. And stop people putting us to sleep. Damn people.
                        Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
                          Pretty sure you don't have to tell me how to play/ed a Warden, you lost each fight......but I really appreciate your advice! If you ever want advice on how to play a capable melee fighter, I think I know a person to talk to, but for now I'll correct your saying on getting "lucky" with daze/confuse.
                          Well aren't you just snippy, Daivd point is I haven't beat you so stop complaining.

Idea:
                          Wouldn't mind if lighting the great pentagram was shortened, just a bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaxandria View Post
                            There should be some herb or something that causes insomnia

That way we stop falling asleep all the damn time. And stop people putting us to sleep. Damn people.
                            Before there were herbs, and we still used powders and salts to heal, we had smelling salts, you could use it to stave off sleep indefinitely. I think it got lost in translation so that people actually would sleep. -cough-
                            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• I wanna keep the stone rolling around as a pet. I like it.
                              Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

• After noting the recent (or not?) furniture additions, I can't help but think there should be an ingame way to submit ideas for new silly little things like that. similar to how you can drop a book in the library drop box, or a suggestion in brages shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X