Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the new implementation of desk and such, I find it odd that one cannot put things on a desk, in it's drawers, or anything of that nature.

So, not really a huge, ground-breaking idea... but it'd be nice to put a piece of parchment on a desk much like a table.

Comment

• Two ideas. These ideas come due to a little disappointment that comes with Unsurpassable skills. I am fine with our without these Ideas. I merely present them as a means to give more value to , what I see as a lacking General skill set.

First skill. The ability to do for yourself what Auriellus does. I do not know if this has already been suggested, if so. I apologize. However, even in putting this idea forward, I am aware that by doing so, it makes Auriellus seemingly unimportant. Though, this could be argued as a non-point due to where you put it and how high up. If this skill was put in Intelligence or awareness at Genius, a great many people wouldn't have this skill until they were already Unsurpassable in a great many others. That too, can be argued, though i still felt like stating it.

Second skill. A skill to guage the relationships with said villages. Or, maybe all villages at once. A percentage level to the side of the city. Same thing, either Awareness or Intelligence.

The politics of the village of Kervoza are as follows:

The Republic of Elysium: Worshipfu (68%)
      The Forest of Ysallyra: Friendly (10%)
      The Empire of Golgonath: Enthusiastic (88%)

This simply means that Elysium is 68% to the next possible achievement, or if there is not one, then to the maximum. Ysallyra is 10% into Friendly, or... 10% away from losing Friendly status.

The same could be done with the general POLITICS command. Though, i feel that might be too excessive.

Granted, even with this idea, it has value. Though. I wonder what it might take away from the dynamics. If Elysium finds themselves at or close to 100% they will eventually find the bare minimum to do such things. As would any city, not to just poke fingers at Elysium. The reason why i thought of this, is because i was wondering as to how much a specific heretic helped when handing in Arkad.

In game, we shouldn't be doing the bare minimum to keep our alliances, yet, often times we do because of the cost/reward of maintaining villages anyways. This could both hurt and help. I put it out there to be discussed, nothing more.

This skill would probably be at Unsurpassable or Transcendent... like the herbs that can be picked. A thought, nothing more. Please let me know your thoughts upon this.

Comment

• I would love to have the ability to issue a challenge to the whole land again, it gets bothersome to have to go down the list and I feel like an arrogant posterior.
        Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• I would absolutely love an upgrade to runebags for the Runesmiths. Perhaps a skill in Runelore that allows you to, with a handful of commodities, create added compartments to house the greater runes?
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Ah mortals, the neverending fountain of praise and sacrifices."

Comment

• brief mode

I'd like to see a brief mode which would allow you to go into a room you've gone into before and not hear the entire room description. It would help blind players like me to be able to walk from room to room faster while at the same time, allowing us to see the room descriptions in places we've never been before. I've got another idea, concerning the combat system, but that's for another post.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure you can type 'brief' and it'll take out the description. 'Verbose' will change it back.

Comment

• the combat system

I think that the combat system should be automated so that all one would have to do is type kill target and the system would do the rest. This would allow blind players like me to not have to worry about dying because of typing the commands too slowly. Also, i think that the whole thing where you become unbalanced whenever you perform a combat action should be done away with, because it makes combat too slow and in such time as you recover balance, your opponent can have killed you. Also, it would hinder the automated combat system from properly doing its job. Also, you shouldn't lose experience because of dying. I started today with 92% of experience to get to the next level, but now i've got only 55% of experience to next level.
                And of course, i'm not saying that you should take the combat system as it is now away from those who'd rather use that system, i'm just saying that you should add an automated one for those of us that are used to that sort of system. And if you can't remove the system where you become unbalanced after combat actions, maybe you can create a skill in the brawling skillset or something that would allow you to keep your balance after each combat action.

Comment

• Never been a fan of automated combat, I mean they have systems already in place for that...trigger swinging on balance/ trigger bashing on balance/ trigger whatever on focus/balance. Personally, I think the combat system that Akanbar has in place right now is very straight forward, the NPCS don't change opponents, they stick on the same person. There are areas that guage your character and what you can and cannot kill based on skill/level and as you gain levels/abilities things become quite easier as you go.

As for the missing balance, that is part of the game my friend. It is for those people that value their efficieny on the battlefield knowing when their balance/focus will be recovered and mastering the timing to beat their opponents. Yes, a miss swing/cast/show/whatever could set you back, but that within itself is the beauty of combat. It isn't supposed to be easy by any stretch.

You're a Runesmith, I highly suggest training your skills to get your display skill in Runelore and then setup a small little system that allows you to show runes upon receiving balance. I'm sure you'll find this a lot easier than some automated fighting system. Those automated systems at least to me take away value of your character to be able to think as they fight, but each person has their own view. That one is just mine.
                  Last edited by David; 6 August 2011, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• This forum needs a like button, or agree button.... something like that.
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I for one would like to see a process where people can pay to buy/rent books from cities (ideally created by those within it) portions of the proceeds would go to the city, and some to the author/publisher on a monthly basis. Feel free to point out flaws in the idea, its half formed so far.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• There is already a library bit being coded for cities. I ruin the surprise because one city, I am sure you can guess which, has already been informed. You can suggest bits to add to it, such as this latest one, though I may not add it. As always, posting your idea here does guarantee that it will be added, but it is appreciated.
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I am apparently very unskilled with the English language and meant that posting your idea here does NOT guarantee that it will be added.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• The sentence itself was on a whole implying there was a 'not', guess that loose end is now tied.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Nod. I do like your idea, however. I may add in a version of it, but much is up in the air concerning this right now, which is why I am willing to listen to suggestions more than if we had it finished already.

Comment

• Now, the idea I had from the questing poll:

Can getting items wet, such as going for a swim in fine silk clothing speed up the decay rate? Having been a drycleaner, i know getting silk clothes wet is not good for the longevity of the garment. This would give added value for leather clothes as it tends to be very durable depending on how its cut.
                                This by extension would also likely lead to Pyromancers effectively being able to torch the clothes off someone i think.
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X