Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I'm going to sound like a complainer, but I think that assassin's should get a move similar to impede. its too simple to cure the movement impairing toxins. I think we should get something like the ability to trip someone as they try to walk away, which makes them lose balance and fall to the ground in the room that they move to
    Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
    2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
    Words to Live By:
    "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
    "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Not needed by any means. Zombiewort powder, or even stacking zombiewort and mixtures of ixodes/celica is more than enough to keep someone in one place.

Not to mention, you can incorporate brawling and runic combinations to help impede the movement of people.

Comment

• I think what Silas is trying to say is once you master your toxins the thought of an impede skill will become an after-thought.

Comment

• yeah I get that I should be able to do that, but the big problem I ran in to today with Ilshara, is getting a powder in. they either 1)charge as soon as I hurl or 2) run before I can even start stabbing.
          Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
          2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
          Words to Live By:
          "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
          "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• I would love to be able to decapitate a slain foe so I could keep there head as a trophy for a day or two
            Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• Just for reference, if it's a common and pretty much unique feature in IRE muds, chances are I won't code it. There are exceptions, but let's take it as a rule. Yes, it's a silly rule. I suggest you complain to Zycandos if you have a problem with it... That would help.
              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                I suggest you complain to Zycandos if you have a problem with it... That would help.
                Lies, and artifice!
                Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• This probably sounds lazy, but I think it makes sense. A torch of some sort in public areas (The great oak, centre of the plaza of seasons, etc) that you can light without having to use your own. Maybe have it set so that it has to be replaced by the city every so often (though hopefully, less often than if you left a standard torch burning constantly) Just a thought.
                  We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                    This probably sounds lazy, but I think it makes sense. A torch of some sort in public areas (The great oak, centre of the plaza of seasons, etc) that you can light without having to use your own. Maybe have it set so that it has to be replaced by the city every so often (though hopefully, less often than if you left a standard torch burning constantly) Just a thought.
                    Well, Golgonath does sort of have a giant, raging fire on a pedestal in the middle of the city...does that give off light? If not, well!

Elysium (at least I think) has their fancy altar in the Plaza, holy light for the win. Maybe require a Templar to chant some pretty hymns at it every once in a while to keep it lit. I'm probably wrong, but I thought something of the sort was in the description there. Maybe a statue?

Ysallyra...uh. Yeah, you're on your own there. Maybe a communal bonfire or something that needs refueling once or twice a year?

EDIT: Success. It's a marble altar with golden spires.
                    Last edited by Dimetrius; 7 November 2011, 01:51 AM.
                    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• The Flame in Golgonath does provide light.

For Ysallyra I'd say they could have "Earthstone lamps swathing the area in a gentle amber light." sort of thing.
                      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• EARTHSTONES.

DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.

But no really. That sort of gets me thinking, 'Why are we not just using big light crystals'. Everyone has those :/

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• I dunno, maybe the mages should have a like uhh... "Ignatius Crystalis Magnis" or something, where you get 5 mages together and creat a giant public light crystal...

Oh wait, that screws Ysallyra over still anyway,

Btw: Thumbs Up Dimetrius. I'd click the like button if there was one.
                          Last edited by Alaxandria; 10 November 2011, 05:23 AM.
                          Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

• I don't think there are five active mages at all, with the three guilds combined.

I count...three.

Comment

• Task Commands

I think a "task status" command for guild tasks would be very helpful.

- With the alchemist and shipyard tasks it could show the current state of the potions or sails.
                              -- The alchemist could taste each one and let you know if one of them is done already.

- For the scout tasks it could show where the scout is currently located.
                              -- "Last spotted in the Grove of the Druids."

- Intruder task, it could display the health of the intruder and/or where he is.
                              -- Also he will kill someone if you are too slow, yet you punch him. The scouts are friendly and greet you with a warm smile, but you chop them up. Just an observation.

It would also help if there was a static gnome in Nisse for the retrieval task so you don't have to run around the village trying to give the box to whichever gnome it was that wanted it.

Additionally, a "task forfeit" command could be useful so you don't have to wait for a task to expire before getting a new one. This could be used if you get a task you're not interested in completing.

-"Kill Songaar."
                              -- I am not interested in completing that task.

That said, I like the task system. It would be nice if they gave gold or crystal rewards but I understand that the market is considered gold-heavy right now, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                                I don't think there are five active mages at all, with the three guilds combined.

I count...three.
                                This led me to the "If it takes 2-3 mages to use their biggest skills, why would it take so many to make a big light crystal" which then led me to a certain "How many mages does it take to..." joke.
                                We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X