X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
    No one reads my posts, do they?
    Oh dear. I'm intolerable, on top of everything else?!

You wound me!
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Just throwing this out there, even though everyone is against Assassins getting new things, it would be interesting if we could throw powders in adjacent rooms as well as the one we are in. like even if we have to use a blowgun to do it with. also maybe the blowgun could have more than one barrel?
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Magical Item?

I am still quite new to these lands, however I did have another Idea.

The idea would be something similar to a rare item that is sometimes dropped by certain NPCs, like the shard of truth? It probably be a mask but anything that could be worn would work. Basically this magical item would allow the wearer to take the identity of another mortal character. It could last for maybe 3 hours and then 'poof' disappear. The item would allow the player to take the character's name, in-game description, and be granted within the normal locations that the character would be allowed.

For instance, If Dimetrius found the mask, and chose to take over the name of Ilshara (First senator of Help Elysium). He would effectively look like a girl, be allowed within the confines of Elysium and be enemied to Golgonath. He would thus have to 'act' like Ilshara to of course pull off the rouse. If people suspected that Dimetrius was not in fact Ilshara, they could slay him... I understand that some privacy matters would have to be adjusted, Dimetrius would not be allowed to Senator like locations because he would obviously not have a key, he could not do Senator like activities because he is in fact, not a Senator. A simple examining of said person, Dimetrius in this case, would likely give hint that Ilshara was not herself, although he would appear feminine and still have her description. He would not be wearing the same clothes, have the same weapons, etc. This would require a certain degree of vigilance for the players of Akanbar as you would need to make sure you are speaking to your respective Leader instead of a impersonator.

Also, it should be said that this idea would only be available to the characters that are currently not playing. So If Dimetrius found himself in Elysium and Ilshara popped on somewhere in the world. The magics of his mask would immediately falter. He could, if quick enough, pick another elysium citizen and start the whole process over again... or do something similar.

I understand there is a skill like this already, where you can look like a serf, citizen, or clansman... this is not the intended purpose to allow enemies into hostile territories. The idea is more or less to challenge roleplaying. Can you act like your enemy and deceive them to believe you are one of them? Can you acquire sensitive information, trick them to do your bidding, the possibilities are endless...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
          A simple examining of said person, Dimetrius in this case, would likely give hint that Ilshara was not herself, although he would appear feminine and still have her description.
          I like this idea, but this one part right here. people are paranoid/lazy like me and would find a way to examine every person they come across, have systems scan for the clue words, and then slay anyone looking like that. minus the exam thing I think its a great idea, it forces you to have to recognize how the real player would act. It also shows how much the enemy might know about the person.

+ 1 to this idea

unless you mean you were examing and noticing the weapons/clothes. >.> not sure what you meant.

Words to Live By:

Comment

• If this wasn't such a big to-do for such a small yield, I would place more consideration into it, but it would mean weeks upon weeks of work for a tiny interesting feature.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Make it a reward for a big ol' quest.

Though, of course...seeing anyone in the locale of said quest would immediately make them suspect.

In short - I think we need a much, much larger playerbase before we look into things as fun as that.

(and some handy Jaethor clones)

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                Make it a reward for a big ol' quest.
                instead of a big ol' quest, make the item permanent, and make it a reward for an event. and only give out one so it kind of has to be passed down maybe? Legend of the mask? heh

Words to Live By:

Comment

• That's even less of a yield for the same amount of work...
                  Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I was just trying to make it something special... kind of like that mask you made for Arabelle!

Words to Live By:

Comment

• Arabelle has a mask?

Comment

• had, I dunno if she still does. You weren't here for that whole thing?

It wasn't necessarily a good mask

Words to Live By:

Comment

• Events only happen when I decide I want to take a break.

Of course, this would lead to the obvious question, 'Well why don't you try starting one'.

To which I have...no answer. Why don't I do that :I

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            Events only happen when I decide I want to take a break.

Of course, this would lead to the obvious question, 'Well why don't you try starting one'.

To which I have...no answer. Why don't I do that :I
                            Well Basically, Kinzie and Arabelle had it out for each other for a while... I don't really want to go into details as to why, but Lord Jaethor made a mask for Kinzie to give Arabelle. The Mask had quite an effect on Arabelle if I remember correctly. You'll have to ask her if you ever see her. Also, if you ever want to try to start an event you can always tell me your ideas so I can see if I can help!

Words to Live By:

Comment

• For those who missed the "event", it was as follows:

Kinzie and Arabelle fought.
                              Kinzie wanted revenge.
                              Jaethor gave Kinzie a mask to give to Arabelle (I disliked this because it was quite honestly out of character for Jaethor to support revenge and to even to some degree instill it.)
                              Kinzie gave Arabelle the mask.
                              The mask gave Arabelle periodic hallucinations and could not be removed. It may have done something else, but I don't recall.
                              Arabelle told Bralnok when he logged on.
                              Bralnok destroyed the mask.
                              Bralnok and Jaethor fought.

Comment

• In the time it took me to remember what happened, two people replied *laugh*.

I will play my broken record of "If you want an event, go for it. You have my email" and walk away.

Comment

Working...
                                X