Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this! BUT! The whole Elysian slaying an innocent man, but acting on his own is still undersold to me.

Comment

• If we had back-doors to every quest, where's the penalty for harming a particular village or city? It's an interesting idea, just not exactly fair.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Well if we want to go there... just make a quest for Golgonath that is equal to the Dragon head? I'm really just tired of the, he killed soandso blah blah. And yes I know it was very unelysian of sed person. But when has anyone from there been totally perfect? No one is perfectly good.

Comment

• I like your idea....I truly do. Perhaps use Mordikhan but use Baresh for it? Just change Arkad/Tuireann into somebody else. Raman could perhaps go in Arkad's place and Pyrok suggested Brages could be a reasonable substitute to Tuireann.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
            I like your idea....I truly do. Perhaps use Mordikhan but use Baresh for it? Just change Arkad/Tuireann into somebody else. Raman could perhaps go in Arkad's place and Pyrok suggested Brages could be a reasonable substitute to Tuireann.
            yesss. this would make things much more IC and helpful. Then is gives people reasons to start killing their enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaine View Post
              yesss. this would make things much more IC and helpful. Then is gives people reasons to start killing their enemies.
              Personally I'd like to see Frederick as strong as Mordikhan and have a possibility of a dragonhead like quest used against him, but beggars cannot be choosers.

Comment

Personally I'd like to see Frederick as strong as Mordikhan and have a possibility of a dragonhead like quest used against him, but beggars cannot be choosers.
                hey that would actually be interesting as well, mordi can be the big ebil one, Freddy can be the nice one that demons kill. heh

Comment

I like this! BUT! The whole Elysian slaying an innocent man, but acting on his own is still undersold to me.
                  Lets try and put this in perspective? Said templar and Elysium as a whole has been quest blocked repeatedly. If it isn't killing Tuireann, someone will go kill Arkad. An obvious amount of frustration can be experienced when this happens countless times. Also, I understand you are no longer an Elysium citizen, but even when you were, you were responsible for something of your own "acting alone" situation. Placing a Force rune upon Viridiana as she attacks the guards within Draphe was a decision on the spot. Obviously the two situations are different. The Templar justified his actions and in an immediate way, he did help Elysium. However, everyone agrees that his actions were wrong. I imagine that it wasn't just myself that spoke to him but other members of Elysium as well.

My point is this, elysian acting on his own happens all the time.

As far as Blaine's Idea, I really like it. Pyrok, I agree that every quest shouldn't have a back door as stated. However, lets look at this for a moment. Golgonath has a higher quantity of bashing areas in itself. Monadh-dach, Murandi, heretics, drakes/wyverns. Elysium has the later two. Of course you could argue the goblins, lymr, and baresh... but those three locations are nowhere in the equivalent to Monadh-dach or Murandi. Of those bashing areas, there is higher potential for gold than there is for Elysium.

Elysium is obviously restricted in what it can do due to it's values and the villages. However, to say that creating an alternative quest to the Dragon Heads wouldn't be 'fair', i think there is an obvious lack of opportunity as it stands now. I mean, all of the villages that you currently occupy could still be hunted seeing as it has no effect on the villages. This isn't a complaint so much as it is an observation.

And as far as Blaine's Idea, I don't think he is suggesting that Mordikhan and 2 other NPC's make the same statues. It could be the same concept but dropping fragments of a great axe that some one has been searching for for decades....

This quest could still be completed by Elysium itself, but the nature of the village should be 'negative'. Similar to how Khazir is believed to be 'good' but isn't so god that it is unfathomable that it would ally itself with Golgonath. Also, back to fairness, is it really fair that 3 of the 3 npcs involved with this one quest are allied to Elysium or that Elysium generally can't or shouldn't attack? I mean, if just one of them were an Evil character, it'd make it a bit more 'fair'.

Comment

• IDEA:

A way for a Legion to acquire blood? Perhaps taking a sword and plunging it into a fallen npc and allowing the blood to drip into a vial? Perhaps it could only work half the time, or even 1 sip per body compared to the Forsaken. After being turned undead to a skill linked to Rituals....it just seems sort of needed for the guild? Just a thought?

Only suggesting this because Forsaken like to keep their blood gained to themselves.
                    Last edited by David; 1 March 2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

IDEA:

A way for a Legion to acquire blood? Perhaps taking a sword and plunging it into a fallen npc and allowing the blood to drip into a vial? Perhaps it could only work half the time, or even 1 sip per body compared to the Forsaken. After being turned undead to a skill linked to Rituals....it just seems sort of needed for the guild? Just a thought?
                      I think that this is this way because then Legions would rather be undead, instead of changing that. plus it could help that extra hard working forsaken earn a bit of money by simply hunting more.

Comment

Only suggesting this because Forsaken like to keep their blood gained to themselves.
                        I might be wrong but this sounds pretty familiar to the Dragon tears. I mean, much of the land needs it if you ever plan on fighting a forsaken... Yet only one guild can make it. I personally would be opposed to this idea for that reason. However, I do think it would be cool.

Comment

• Greetings,
                          I have decided to thwart hopes and dreams again, this time before they get out of hand.

I will not be coding a Golgonian version of Dragonhead. Even if you consider dragonhead to be a quest Golgonath cannot complete, which it is not, Golgonath has quests Elysium cannot/should not complete just as Elysium has quests Golgonath cannot/should not complete. The three cities are not meant to be identical or given the same pros and cons, however they each have their own perks.

As for Frederick being Mordikhan, Nisse is one step above a Disney village. Frederick is meant to be a cartoon-esque dragon who hoards money and items, all while remaining grumpy.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• dreams smashed... -sniffle- I wasn't necessarily suggesting that it wasn't a quest Golgonath can't do. Just thought it would help since, Most demons, which are enemied to Dwarves can just go run, kill, block, yet have some golgonians that stay unenemied so that they can complete the same quest. Elysian's have no way of doing the same to them unless they want to be punished or rebuked for it, like the unnamed templar. but, as it was, it was just an idea. Can't hope that everything is implemented.
                            Last edited by Blaine; 1 March 2012, 07:15 PM. Reason: left something out...

Comment

• What about my hope about obtaining blood? *hopes* for then when I use my skills that I can maintain whatever blood I am able to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaine View Post
                                dreams smashed... -sniffle- I wasn't necessarily suggesting that it wasn't a quest Golgonath can't do. Just thought it would help since, Most demons, which are enemied to Dwarves can just go run, kill, block, yet have some golgonians that stay unenemied so that they can complete the same quest. Elysian's have no way of doing the same to them unless they want to be punished or rebuked for it, like the unnamed templar. but, as it was, it was just an idea. Can't hope that everything is implemented.
                                Tuireann comes back pretty quick you know. A lot quicker than the rest of the dwarves. I don't know about the other Golgonians, but I try not to kill him. They say you shouldn't treat others the way you wouldn't treat yourself. Quest blocking is an arse-move, and I try not to do it because I don't want others to do it to me. Maybe someday we can all come to that same agreement instead of just myself alone. :/ *shrugs*

Also, we don't keep or force Golgonians to stay unenemied to Monad-dach. In my 30+ years in Golgonath, no Master has ever forced me to kill dwarves. And they knew I didn't do it for reasons beyond dragonhead, which out of sentimental reasons (Not many Elysians today know this, but I was a Templar for over 65 years) and because I preferred killing the Basilisk over hunting the dwarven inhabitants. Other Golgonians don't hunt Monad-dach because they prefer the quests and trade opportunities.

People may call that "undemonic", and I thought the same way until I learned to stop forcing what I think a city or org should be or behave like unto others. I've drastically improved my enjoyment of the game when I stopped thinking that way and just focused on my own roleplay. And if you're a good roleplayer, which I'm not, people tend to get inspired and follow in your example.

*edit* Nowadays I hunt dwarves out of my own choice, because there are so many younin' who need bashing leaders.
                                Last edited by Joscelin; 1 March 2012, 11:11 PM. Reason: Forgot something...

Comment

Working...
                                X