X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailing

A simple addition to sailing.

As of right now there really isn't much of an incentive to sail the open seas. There are of course many secrets within the waters of Akanbar, however, it takes such great lengths of time to really find such secrets for ones self. In a way, it forces a person to ask for some sort of guidance. I remember myself asking a knowledgeable sailor the rough estimates of a particular mystery. I was directed in a direction and I found it subsequently.

However, there are those of us, and although the example above might prove that I am not in this category, whom wish to discover things for themselves. I have a great fascination with the sea. In truth, one might call me obsessed with the discovery of the Kraken. I have spent days, months, years at sea in my pursuit for it. However, in my return I am so desperate for gold, i have not found enough time to indulge myself in my personal passion.

My suggestion is simple, though i don't know how complex the implementation would be. Basically outfit your ship with some sort of a means of fishing. This could range from something simple that you the player would have to cast, reel in, put bait on a hook... yaddda yadda. I am not a real life fisherman so i have no idea what all the cool stuff you could do. At least with this idea, Mungan could be interacted with and possibly sell hooks, lines, bait (duh right lol)

Another option is do what big fishing vessels actually do. Throw nets into the waters, drag them across the sea bed or at certain depths and catch fish. The obvious reason for all of this is that you could explore the oceans and make a modest profit similar to what you might be able to do on land. The hull of your ship could be filled with each subsequent catch and the randomness of what you might catch would be the value. Certain areas of the ocean ((more dangerous areas)) would yield higher quality fish.

This idea could be improved upon even further in the future. Adding objects that are actually left out at see. The sailor would want to remember the specific coordinates of the item and check it frequently so that it weren't to float off on its own. Such items might be able to be harvested by other sailors although stealing the actual objects might be frowned upon.

I'd really like to see this. It could prove to allow the younger/smaller players to have more accessibility to the land quests seeing that they don't have access to sailing typically that early and it would encourage naval warfare/sailing for the player base.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Comment

• Fishing was already discussed by the AACTM and is on the edge of being implemented.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• What's the AACTM?

Comment

• Active Admin Controlling the Mud/Mortals. that's my guess.
          Last edited by Pyrok; 16 February 2012, 03:53 AM. Reason: Alternate acronym possible.
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Nope. It is a group of players.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I'm going to go with Active Akanbarians Contributing To Me. Jaethor's little slaves.

Comment

• Bottles and Vials are irritating to have to sort through when looking through your inventory. So, I propose a sash.... or something that could be worn to store them. Similar to keyrings. It could be made more advanced so when examined it shows you exactly how many you have of each type of potion/salve. It would just appear as scrips and keyrings do when looking in your inventory.

Comment

• OH MY GOD! I had the exact same Idea but I couldn't think of any logical way for you to actually sip the bottle/vial while using it. Something like this would be incredibly convenient. I am in support of this!

Comment

• Two Ideas

2 ideas, both likely not to be implemented.

1) I realize changes or additions to skill-sets usually don't happen very frequently but I think this would be somewhat easy to implement and wouldn't upset the balance (or lack thereof) of guilds. But I would LOVE for my shadow to be able to EXAMINE what's in the room. If shadow users can SHADOW LOOK, and SHADOW LISTEN, I don't think it would be too far fetched for it to be able to, for example, examine a person or object and see a description.

2) This might already be in some skill that I haven't obtained or haven't realized yet. But when we INFO INV, something in parenthesis or the like that points out what is being worn would be helpful to differentiate two like items.
                    A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Viridiana View Post
                      2 ideas, both likely not to be implemented.

1) I realize changes or additions to skill-sets usually don't happen very frequently but I think this would be somewhat easy to implement and wouldn't upset the balance (or lack thereof) of guilds. But I would LOVE for my shadow to be able to EXAMINE what's in the room. If shadow users can SHADOW LOOK, and SHADOW LISTEN, I don't think it would be too far fetched for it to be able to, for example, examine a person or object and see a description.

2) This might already be in some skill that I haven't obtained or haven't realized yet. But when we INFO INV, something in parenthesis or the like that points out what is being worn would be helpful to differentiate two like items.
                      1. It has been decided that this one is too much.

2. This has been implemented. It also takes into account wielded items.

Comment

• Could we get any reasoning as to why it was decided to be 'too much'?

Comment

• Shadows are already capable of doing a bit of things to learn about the surroundings on where they are. Examining items would help gain a level of information that we have deemed "too much". Examining a container such as a bookcase, chest or backpack would give you knowledge of what items are within the item. Pertaining to examining players, you can estimate their magical resistance, armour score and weapon of choice, which are all not good.

Comment

• Would there be any chance of introducing a Melee skill that utilizes an off-hand weapon? It could work similar to Shieldslam, except it damages the opponent, does not knock them down, and runs on a long balance time for the left arm... like every 12-15 seconds (depending on the weapon speed). It wouldn't be overpowered in my opinion, and there would be risks especially when facing against another Melee user, who might welcome the extra hit as a chance for more parries to counter with a skewer. And perhaps the damage from the off-hand attack might be weaker than the main hand as well. But aye, it would introduce a 'burst n' damage' type playstyle for those who chose to wield two weapons. While those who wield two-handed weapons will have a more 'constant pressure n' damage' play style.
                            Last edited by Joscelin; 20 February 2012, 07:27 AM. Reason: Made a huge edit to explain the reasoning behind this idea. Read it over again before commenting. >_>

Comment

• Originally posted by Carllen View Post
                              Bottles and Vials are irritating to have to sort through when looking through your inventory. So, I propose a sash.... or something that could be worn to store them. Similar to keyrings. It could be made more advanced so when examined it shows you exactly how many you have of each type of potion/salve. It would just appear as scrips and keyrings do when looking in your inventory.
                              It doesn't get them out of your inventory... but ELIXIRLIST?

Comment

• Elixirlist shows all that. Including vials. Also.... *bump for post #572*
                                Last edited by Joscelin; 20 February 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X