Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man....why everybody hating on David.....

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
      Man....why everybody hating on David.....
      He's breathing! GET HIM!
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
      bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
      Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
      You are 234 years old.
      The year is 456.
      Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• With regards to Forsaken skills, what I would love is if we could use psionics to afflict people with fear as well as having symbiote fear.

I like the idea of planting fear in the minds of my opponents and it would be real nice to use mind fear and symbiote fear together too.

(Also I think it would be nice f we couldn't be parried. Knights can kill us without parries anyway.)

Comment

• Free Flying Race

Special Racing Event
          We would tame a flying beast to race in the sky.
          Requires a whip to start taming, or some command
          It would be for a set period of time.
          During that time we would use crystals to train them.
          At the start of the race we would board the beast of our choosing.
          We would steer them through a sky course with multiple paths.
          Afterward we would all set our beasts free, and they would fly away.

That's my elaboration based on someone else's idea.
          Anyone else like the idea? I know that it would require some hardcore coding.
          To live is not to do what you want to, but its to be happy even when your miserable.

Comment

• What's the point?

Comment

• Okay, this is a VERY LARGE IDEA.

For a long time now, angry text wars have erupted over the governmental structure of Golgonath.
              A few ideas have come up here and there relative to possible changes, but none have every really
              'clicked' both thematically and mechanically, or with the Head Honcho. So, I've come up with a small
              suggestion that may please all sides.

Current status:
              Master of All Golgonath - appointed by Patron*, only able to be removed by Patron*
              General Master - appointed by Master of All/Patron*, only able to be removed by Master of All/Patron*
              City Aides - if it doesn't concern marching or allocating funds in the absence of a finance position,
              who cares

* - Here, Patron is also interchangeable with "that one god/dess we begged to do something for
              249687 years!1!!1one"

The first point is not something I am seeking to change, currently. However! My idea is this:

What if the general Masters were (somehow) forced to appoint at least one person to their aide
              position, first off. Perhaps something vanilla like a consistent drain from departmental coffers (or
              city coffers, if department is unused financially?) in the absence of such an official. We'll call it
              insurance. This part needs some work, since players can't be counted on to do
              anything right, ever.

- This may not make sense, but here's the kicker! -

After an individual has held the appointed position for a preset amount of time (one year...
              three...five?), they will have the ability to CHALLENGE <person> AS MASTER. They will only
              be permitted to challenge their overseeing Master, and only one challenge will be able to run
              at one time.

- Okay, so an election? -

Not so! During the period that the challenge runs, each current Master (discounting the
              challenged) will have the ability to weigh in with a single vote, as in a motion. To make it
              interesting, allow the Masters to CHANGE their vote until the time of the challenge has
              elapsed. I'm thinking maybe six, seven months at maximum, for these things. To make it
              even more interesting, perhaps consider opening votes to guildmasters as well.

- So, elections? -

Far from elections, opinions will only be prompted from the elite of Golgonath.

- So, like a Proconsul election? -

In a sense, yes. But the point that this system would address is that the current Circle
              would have the ability to, in the absence of an active MoA or Patron, swap out
              failing/inactive coworkers in favor of those who have -already been invested- with some
              amount of trust, and should likely already have some experience under their belt.

- Why would a Master appoint a successor if they're ALWAYS going to challenge, obviously! -

That's where the fun comes in. You know, the same fun that keeps Golgonath entrenched
              in turmoil and savagery (the way Jaethor likes it!). If the other Masters like you, that's fine
              and dandy. You might succeed in your challenge. But you should also have earned the
              trust of the Master you seek to challenge, as they appointed you as their aide in the first
              place! In addition to the time limit, it makes this all rather shaky and unsure. Securing
              positions in this manner will be a big game of Two-Faced Fishmonger, which is something
              already seen in almost every aspect of Golgonath's government.

- That's just not going to work -

Sure, the idea is rough. I just thought of it about twenty minutes ago, while rinsing
              shampoo from my hair.

- It's not enough to save Golgonath -

Well, you won't get anywhere without trying. The system may not do anything -right
              this second-, but hey! Setting things in place for future use is never a bad idea. If it
              gets off the ground, it could be a blessing for future city leaders.

Thus, we have this post. Opinions? Further restrictions one might go for? Constructive
              criticism, begin!

Additional thoughts:

1. If implemented as-is, we would be forced to fill aide positions. There is an upkeep
              drain for aide positions. The system suggests an upkeep drain for NOT having aide
              positions. Possibly only incur fees if the position is not filled, while keeping filled spots
              free for the city up until x amount of departmental aides?

- Example:
              Not having an executioner gets pricey. Having an executioner is free. Having TWO
              executioners is slightly cheaper than not having any. Having THREE is just stupid,
              wait why would you even do that.
              Last edited by Dimetrius; 30 June 2012, 06:18 AM. Reason: herpderphow2type
              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• I actually like Dimetrius' idea 100%. It actually sounds pretty solid as-is. I, for one, have found it very difficult to even care about Akanbar at the moment, seeing as how I have been asking for much needed changes for the last few months. It's honestly not worth my time, effort, or patience. As one of the longest playing active members (I've been here since early '05), I'm quite used to Golgonath having the ups and downs that it does, but I'm not happy with the fact that this time, the situation has been allowed to fester as much and as long as it has. Many of our citizens have pretty much ceased to exist, due to the current political situation. As much as I would like to stick around for many more years to come, I'm losing faith, and therefore I am losing my willingness to log on for long. Currently I show up, reply to some messages, and manage my guild matters, which, seeing as how I am the only currently active Crafter, doesn't entail much.

So, to sum it all up, something needs to happen, and happen fast, and it need to be BIG. Kinda like the old saying, "Build it, and they will come", this one is, "Change it, and they will return".
                You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

• Golgonath's situation is one that is frequently discussed. Your proposal will be discussed.
                  Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                    Golgonath's situation is one that is frequently discussed. Your proposal will be discussed.
                    Thank you, thank you!

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                      Thank you, thank you!
                      Do not be too enthusiastic or sit in anticipation. We discuss many possibilities and weigh each option. Almost every idea is ultimately discussed if a God does not think it is horrid. Us Divine Beings discuss many problems going on. I fully realize it may come off as stone silence up top, but we're not sitting around sipping tea most of the time, even if we do fancy ourselves a cup of chai now and then.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Guild Inductions

Would be good to see some sort of process available to join guilds if you aren't a novice, and no one is around or active to Inguild. Trying to return to Shadow Warriors and hopefully recruit a bit for them, but the Guildmaster is dormant, and one shouldn't have to pester a deity with such mundane matters.
                        The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                        --------------------------------
                        Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                          Do not be too enthusiastic or sit in anticipation. We discuss many possibilities and weigh each option. Almost every idea is ultimately discussed if a God does not think it is horrid. Us Divine Beings discuss many problems going on. I fully realize it may come off as stone silence up top, but we're not sitting around sipping tea most of the time, even if we do fancy ourselves a cup of chai now and then.
                          I understand, completely. Keep at it, you guys are great!

EDIT: My god that smiley is horrifying.

Comment

• Skills

I'd like to see a skill similar to the Sailing quest be implemented but different in the sense that every year the skill must be relearned or remastered to make usable/effective. I'd still think that a first requirement would be necessary where players would need to have insightful or above in order to acquire the skill. The skill itself would need to be something that all guilds could use or could find value in having.

To acquire the skill or to reach the teacher, I think it would be cool where you must fight to find/free him. Something along the lines of a dungeon where every time you'd enter it, the layout would be completely different, but at the end or as a result of killing every hostile, a tutor would reveal himself and bestow a gift upon the 'champion'.

It'd be interesting to add something where only (x) amount of people could actually acquire this skill per year. Looking at the current population, maybe only 3 people could get it. This would encourage players to find/attain this rare skill as early as possible and would require cities/citizens to think on which players would be made more effective or have greater need for this would be new skill.

I actually am lacking the most significant part of this idea, the actual skill that would need to be implemented to make this work. However, I imagine that only the creators of Akanbar would have a good idea of what kind of skill would both be desirable and still keep a fair balance throughout all cities and players regardless of their pursuits. I am open to ideas and criticisms upon this idea.

***An Extension to the above Idea*** (separate idea but based on the above)

Another work around to the idea would be a Divine Blessing. Lets say Lord Zycandos gave one mortal a very special gift; a new very unique skill. This skill would have a lifespan that would last a random length of time, anywhere between 4-10 months. In that time frame, the skill will be lost. However, the nature of this would be 'gift/blessing' is that it is meant to be passed on. Meaning that whomever knows this skill, would have the option to teach another mortal;then that mortal could teach another mortal and so forth and so on. I think that this idea is unique in the sense that the skills survivability is dependent on the activity and commitment of those whom have/want the skill in question. Also, the fact that this skill would have the possibility for non-existence due to various reasons, could add a new dynamic to the game in terms of skills.

The 4-10 months before the skill is lost could cause some problems due to its randomness. If every citizen expected the skill to last 10 months and suddenly it vanished in 4, an entire city would lose the skill forever. The only true problem I can see with this is if an entire city goes completely dormant at the same time. Though I wonder if something pressing such as a valuable skill was on the line, if at the bare minimum players would find themselves in the land if not just to pass the skill on and reacquire it for current and future generations.

The obvious problem to this idea is that if the original skill was given to only one person, that one person would more than likely keep it to citizens that are within their city only and possibly to only his/her friends. So it would be in the games best interest to give the gift/blessing to at least one member of each city (Chieftain/Master/Senator) and from there allow the cities the freedom to decide who they wish to spread this gift to within their respective cities. I'd imagine that each cities goal would to keep their gift within their realm and amongst only those whom they trust.

Trust, is an interesting aspect of this idea though. Right now we are under the assumption that each city would be getting the same skill, but if we think for a moment that each realm would get their own respective gift/blessing, then it would be increasingly more important to whom you gave/taught this new skill to. You wouldn't want that person to teach an enemy of the state or a a friend within another city your realm specific skill. Not only would it put the entire skill in jeopardy, but it would also mean that the exclusivity of the skill would be tarnished.

Kaal
                            Last edited by Kaal; 14 July 2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• The 'skill' idea seems kind of pushed, I mean everyone has unique skills based off of their guild and grants them their own 'special' abilities. I understand your thought here, but doubtful for something useful if anything. There was a part that I thought, there is a dungeon that does change however if I'm correct its still down because of some problems it has had. We have realm quests to increase your mana and health my a certain amount, every century there is the golden rose quest (supposedly, and I have no idea what that does for you), possibility of ascension and there is divine blessings that push your skills a whole level above their currently skill level. Works great for unsurpassed because you become transcendent in that skill, this is how crafters gain deathsbane herbs if I have heard correctly. Otherwise doing more damage via weapons, better agility... I haven't had all my skills unsurpassed and been favored by a divine so I don't know if you get unique skill in any of the other skills, though I do know you don't in weapons or agility. You don't have a bad idea, but they do have things similar to what you are thinking.
                              Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                              A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                                I haven't had all my skills unsurpassed and been favored by a divine so I don't know if you get unique skill in any of the other skills, though I do know you don't in weapons or agility.
                                Apothecary seems to be the only one.

Also, Kaal, your idea is a bit...complex. It seems a little disproportionate when you compare the benefit to the undertaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X