Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUST BE NUMERO UNO. MUST WIN EVERY SPAR. MUST BE GREATEST!!111one1eleven!

Comment

• Chyren, why yes, that would be the general consensus in Golgonath, to be the best. And not just in fighting but the best in your guild, the best trader you can be or what have you.

Dimetrius again, you used to be a lot better because it was something you cared about. Now Whenever I see you, you hardly move unless you are in 'peppy' mood.

Golgonath as well as the other cities are plagued with inactivity and people who generally just don't care about being around anymore. "Oh, there isn't a storyline" "MO RP" instead you all troll on the forums instead of just trolling with you characters. Cool if you don't have time to come into the game and you have more important things to do, ok. Yet you spend time on here trolling. Just saying.

I may never be the best combatant, but Akanbar was my first MUD ever and I started on Portals GT because Eitak helped me with it. That was my first experience in coding. I may not seem like the most intellectual person on these forums but at least I actually give a damn about the game, not how it advances because a lot of it is just the change in people and who are willing to stick with it. I learn something new everyday in Akanbar rather it be percentiles of how often a skill works, setting up new triggers, figuring out what is wrong with the ones I currently have, ect... Your character may have been the best or perfect, if you wish to go that far, but why do you care how other people view them then?
      Last edited by roeshak; 19 May 2012, 06:27 PM.
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
        MUST BE NUMERO UNO. MUST WIN EVERY SPAR. MUST BE GREATEST!!111one1eleven!
        Plus one???

Comment

• I know this is probably a horribly complicated and also a fantastically 'stupid' idea but I like the risks it imposes.
          'Dead is Dead'
          For those that don't understand, I want death in Akanbar to be permanent. You get killed in a spar, a raid, from falling off the waterfall, you die. Permanently. No trip through the heavens, no experience loss (well, other than the obvious part where you're dead)
          Granted, to me this is a great idea on paper, but I suspect after my third or fourth death i'll definitely cursing my own name.

It'd add an element of risk to everything, and in conversations death wouldn't be viewed as an inconvenience. True this goes against the phrase 'Death is not the end', but when you go through the heavens, that guy in the robe always says 'It is not yet your time.' To me this implies on some level that eventually I -can- and I -will- die.

Perhaps some moderation is in order on the idea. 100% chance of permanent death isn't ideal, some people won't like dying, losing every single thing they've owned. How about a chance, just like the city guards that we don't come back, or (to me somewhat more hilariously) come back, but have lost some of your items.
          I just want there to be some element of 'What if i -really- die this time?' when combat is taking place.

The idea came from: Any of the conversations in which the phrase 'Yeah, that killed me the last time we tried that' was uttered.
          In terms of RP, I probably should be taking death more seriously. It just ruins what little atmosphere I can generate, and makes me shake my head a little.
          Last edited by Pyrok; 21 May 2012, 09:06 PM.
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
            I know this is probably a horribly complicated and also a fantastically 'stupid' idea but I like the risks it imposes.
            'Dead is Dead'
            For those that don't understand, I want death in Akanbar to be permanent. You get killed in a spar, a raid, from falling off the waterfall, you die. Permanently. No trip through the heavens, no experience loss (well, other than the obvious part where you're dead)
            Granted, to me this is a great idea on paper, but I suspect after my third or fourth death i'll definitely cursing my own name.

It'd add an element of risk to everything, and in conversations death wouldn't be viewed as an inconvenience. True this goes against the phrase 'Death is not the end', but when you go through the heavens, that guy in the robe always says 'It is not yet your time.' To me this implies on some level that eventually I -can- and I -will- die.

Perhaps some moderation is in order on the idea. 100% chance of permanent death isn't ideal, some people won't like dying, losing every single thing they've owned. How about a chance, just like the city guards that we don't come back, or (to me somewhat more hilariously) come back, but have lost some of your items.
            I just want there to be some element of 'What if i -really- die this time?' when combat is taking place.

I am very opposed to this idea, sorry. In other MUDS I have played I've spent years IRL in them. I would not be willing to risk my character over a 'normal' death. Gods however, should you reach a certain number of obliteration or the likes I can understand a permanent death accompanied.

Comment

• (Your character should have the understanding they might not come back)

Comment

• Dimetrius again, you used to be a lot better because it was something you cared about. Now Whenever I see you, you hardly move unless you are in 'peppy' mood.
                It's true that I don't care about combat. I never really did. I don't have the stable connection to pwn n00bs or grief out the ass, I'm VERY sorry that this doesn't sit well with you. I wish I could play this game the way that you deem necessary.

95% of the time you see me 'hardly moving', it's because I'm intent on finishing one of the trillion things I've been writing. For your benefit, for the benefit of Golgonath, for the benefit of the game. But if you really wish to deign me a forum troll, or someone who doesn't care about Akanbar, then so be it.

That event that I've been attempting to get going can just fade into nonexistence, and I will continue to 'hardly move'.

Back to forum trolling.
                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Idea: New patron of Golgonath, or just for the 'Mistress of All' to be taken out of place so that we can go back to the voting we used to have.

Dimetrius, don't take it so personally.

Comment

• That's not an idea. Golgonath was given voting after a long time of it being the exact same way it is now, and it did not work.

Comment

That's not an idea. Golgonath was given voting after a long time of it being the exact same way it is now, and it did not work.
                      Well its a hell of a lot better than having two somewhat active Masters running the city, and yeah in my opinion it did work at least then we had a somewhat productive city. You aren't a part of Golgonath so you don't see the turmoil that's currently going on because of how its currently being run. Yeah it had its rough spots, whatever, but the thing about it currently is if the Master/Mistress of All isn't going to be around at least give the citizens something they can do about the bloody inner circle. David and Malic are the only two going, Miri very rarely is round and we don't even have a repressionist. Not to mention the two 'active' Masters are also guild masters so what do the citizens really have right now?

Comment

• Again, it isn't an 'idea' and doesn't belong in this thread. If the Patron of Golgonath isn't doing anything about the leadership position(s), go to Zycandos and request something be done about it.

The reason I say it did not work is because people would question and the same levels of activity would happen. I don't need to be a part of the city of Golgonath to understand how these things work, having been around quite a while. I'm not even sure what you really need with Inner Circle positions, it's not like the culture(repressions) one is really needed, afaik.

Comment

Again, it isn't an 'idea' and doesn't belong in this thread. If the Patron of Golgonath isn't doing anything about the leadership position(s), go to Zycandos and request something be done about it.

The reason I say it did not work is because people would question and the same levels of activity would happen. I don't need to be a part of the city of Golgonath to understand how these things work, having been around quite a while. I'm not even sure what you really need with Inner Circle positions, it's not like the culture(repressions) one is really needed, afaik.
                          This man speaks the truth. Things would suck just as hard with a different Circle, because we still have the same active citizenry. Ousting David does not make a thousand novices rain from the sky, who all love life and want to make things good.

And actually, he knows exactly how the 'turmoil' is...considering it's the same every time this happens. He's been there :b

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• I realize it won't increase the population. This has been brought to the Gods. And since you have such a problem with my original post let me rephrase it.

Idea: Allowing voting even with a Mistress or Master of All so that at least there can be some sort of change in the city.

Also, I don't care to oust David in the least but a change of scenery would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                              I realize it won't increase the population. This has been brought to the Gods. And since you have such a problem with my original post let me rephrase it.

Idea: Allowing voting even with a Mistress or Master of All so that at least there can be some sort of change in the city.

Also, I don't care to oust David in the least but a change of scenery would be nice.
                              As I've brought up before, there were talks of completely overwriting the political system in Golgonath in terms of how a Master of All is chosen. Unfortunately, none of the answers aside from the standard patron-appointment were satisfactory. There's only so much that can be done! But if you've taken the issue to Zycandos, rest assured that he will do his best for us (for the billionth or so time with this same shtick...) when he has a chance.

Aside from that...well, we're left twiddling our thumbs. Make the best of it!

Comment

• We are not supposed to have the vote. We are a totalitarian dictatorship type of place.

Elysium is a democracy, we are not. Its an important distinction between the two cities I feel.

An active leadership that is strong would be ideal but I'd still take what we have now over a more active but weaker Inner Circle.

Comment

Working...
                                X