This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
    Haha, I kind of like David's idea of 'throwing' a blood leach which does in fact suck at your health which only does like 1% damage per second but still would be useful but not really ideal. None the less quite amusing.
    If you did 1% of someone's health as damage per second, that would be ridiculous. On a level 100 person, that's 40 health. Every. Second. I doubt even Templar could handle that upkeep, even with hymn of life. Health balance is what, four, five seconds? I don't know offhand. You'd be cutting down healing by a lot.

I don't think damage is really the problem for Forsaken. It's keeping someone in one place, as well as having no way to hinder healing alongside that.. We have no way to reliable pull someone to us or keep them there.

Wardens/Shaman have walls for free, all mage guilds have summoning in intonation, Pyromancers have
    snake.

All melee guilds have impede.

Runesmiths have traps to bring people back, plus icewall is part of core mechanic of guild.

Assassins can easily keep someone in a room unless special movement is used. Flight, shadow slip, pyromancer fire dash, etc.

Forsaken...? Envelop is stopped by dispersion, which we have no reliable way of taking down or keep down.

If you want to bring up someone using icewalls from the general lore skill, that doesn't really help a Forsaken at all. I icewall both entrances(We'll use two for ease of example), if someone makes it over one, not only do I have to shadow fade immediately over the icewall, or shadow slip to the person if my shadow is bound, I also have to try and then keep them in this NEW room, which, by the time I get there, could be one or two rooms off. Best hope is it's just the next room and I only have to icewall one other entrance, in which time they have had at least 2 cycles of healing (elixir/arnica), they also have more time to get away.

Honestly, I don't know what the Forsaken need. It's been a long time since a fully unsurp level 100 Forsaken has been around and actively fighting the upper echelon.

Edit: I don't actively play every single day and the last statement may be untrue, but as far as I know, there aren't any. Feel free to poke me and tell me I'm wrong though!
    Last edited by Chyren; 10 May 2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• I wasn't fully unsurpassed in all three skills, though I was in psionics and symbiosis and I'm level 97 with unsurpassed agility and resilience. I've fought Kenan (My opinion out side of Aaridan was and is the best assassin), Oskar is a outstanding opponent as a templar but because I hate to run I get trumped with damage, I didn't really have a pyromancer who would fight me, no shaman I fought Vash who is the current 'best' in the warriors, Ashrabia as a runesmith and its a pretty even match but a pike with fire rune and order rune hurts a LOT. I stood up in tanking as a Forsaken to the extent that a legionnaire would, tanking Mordikhan and the giant... ect on a normal basis, the speed of the forsaken almost balances but our armour is just that slightly under a mithril suit.

Now for my idea, I've been playing around with mounthunt and I was under the impression it was terrain based but you can't hunt from village to village. I don't mind the whole indoors thing that's fine cause there is plenty outside of that, I'm used to gating and this is the closest thing a 'warrior' has. The idea being making it terrain based so you can hunt from village to village instead of only within THAT villages walls. If not thats cool but it would be somewhat beneficial.
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• I think this was brought up before a REALLY long time ago, perhaps before this forum was even created. Mount hunt in the context of reality (read: Akanbar) works off sense of smell. The only way you could mount hunt from Marinford to Travanok, using Mergon I guess, is that Mergon would have to smell REALLY strongly of something. Money maybe. That's why it's limited to within an area, not by terrain. One forest smells differently than another forest, one village smells differently than another so on and so forth.
        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
          Honestly, I don't know what the Forsaken need. It's been a long time since a fully unsurp level 100 Forsaken has been around and actively fighting the upper echelon.

Edit: I don't actively play every single day and the last statement may be untrue, but as far as I know, there aren't any. Feel free to poke me and tell me I'm wrong though!
          Fully unsurped, level 98, but hardly an active combatant these days.

Your statement is 100% true.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• That's crap. I held with some of the 'upper' people, just not those who can dish out twice the damage and only take in half of what I can dish. Dimetrius no offense intended here but you haven't really been a 'combatant' since you were in the Legion.

Only thing a Forsaken can hope for is for someone to slip up on a cure or otherwise.

Comment

• Or you can just be better than your opponent. My forsaken was level 85 or something, Unsurp Symbiosis was only real skill, and I beat Ichiban 1v1, a level 99 or 100 fully unsurp Templar.

Like I said, I don't know the Forsaken combatants these days. I honestly thought Dimetrius has switched back to Legion( No offense, Cern )

Comment

• Hey, clients play a part. If you can writhe out quicker than they can rip and things like that it does play a part. You are right being better is key but in being better, I've never seen someone on java kill lets say Filch or Kenan even if they were completely fluent in what each cure was and things like that. Being better sometimes has to do with how good your system/coding is. This is based off of the 'general' skills of the guild not a personalization.

Comment

• Trying to fight an Assassin on Java is just silly anyways.

Comment

• You might as well just give them your scrips while you're at it, and lie down.
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• You need a total of like what? 10 macros to do so?
                      1) wake/stand
                      2)sip health/blood
                      3)swing or what have you
                      4)ragwort
                      5)sensory
                      6)antitoxin, unless you're a pyromancer
                      7) puff elecampane
                      8) puff feverfew
                      9) puff coriander
                      10) warming

These are the MAIN cures you use when fighting an assassin. and you don't get the whole confusion of your client firing off excess triggers. I mean yeah I've fought one and lost on java but look at David, he has a few basic triggers and the rest alias'd to keep triggers from overlapping.
                      The more I've been fighting assassin's the less I see a point in triggers. simple ones for applying like ragwort or sipping sensory that's cool, but toalsha, ogrishan, firethorn, ixodes will make you spam crazily trying to cure.
                      I get really tired of the mixing and powders its bad enough to cure the mixing these days, but then the potential to have zombie powder and itching ohhhh, now I'm puffing elecampane every 2/3 seconds plus getting a random affliction that I have to wait on the effect to fire before I know what to cure with. Its annoying, and really the only guild. I realize people will argue that they don't deal enough damage, see a pattern here? they do have a power attack, not as effective as hack or slash but they have immobilizing power added with that and the skill to break shields. I complain about guilds but this is one that unless you are just a genius with coding or whatever, an assassin who has at least decent agility and unsurpassed assassination can kill almost anyone just because the mind set is, 'what will screw the system' I used to be an assassin and I loved it so I'm happy to see Ysallyra being a neutral party.

Comment

That's crap. I held with some of the 'upper' people, just not those who can dish out twice the damage and only take in half of what I can dish. Dimetrius no offense intended here but you haven't really been a 'combatant' since you were in the Legion.

Only thing a Forsaken can hope for is for someone to slip up on a cure or otherwise.
                        Actually, I was pretty into combat while I was still Captain (shortly after rejoining Forsaken).

Ask Ilshara about all of the scuffles we had while marching respective guards. I even beat her, once or twice :b

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                          Actually, I was pretty into combat while I was still Captain (shortly after rejoining Forsaken).

Ask Ilshara about all of the scuffles we had while marching respective guards. I even beat her, once or twice :b
                          Tis true. He used to be the only Forsaken that I didn't feel comfortable wielding a pike against because he was the only one around then who could even get me into the red.

now with my computer (which means my system and client) are kaput... Anyone could probably drag me down nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ilshara View Post
                            now with my computer (which means my system and client) are kaput... Anyone could probably drag me down nowadays.
                            I feel your pain! :'(

Comment

• What you used to do and what you currently do are totally different.
                              I give a lot of respect to those who can maintain their combatant skills, not saying you aren't a 'worthy' person here. Just saying you used to be a lot better and I feel as though people have given up a lot because of the few top tier fighters.

Comment

What you used to do and what you currently do are totally different.
                                Um...wait, now you've gone and confused me.

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                                Dimetrius no offense intended here but you haven't really been a 'combatant' since you were in the Legion.
                                ...that was your statement, and I responded to it. It was incorrect, and has been corrected.

I have not 'given up' because of anything, nor do I believe that I 'used to be a lot better'. Combat in Akanbar is no longer a priority in my life. I'm sorry if you feel as though there is more to it than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X