Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsaken aren't in a bad spot. Truestrike would be nice, but I'd rather have the main talon attack unable to be parried than truestrike.

That said, Psionics is just..the only usable skill is the unsurp one and for it to be worthwhile you have to run them out of clotting in the run up to using it. You can combo some attacks with talon, but they're all easy one-off cures.

As for Runesmiths: It is and always will be a connection battle. Drawing on personal reference, when I used to play on dial-up and David was using Tyden as a Runesmith, I couldn't come close to beating him. I eventually got a switch to high-speed internet and the first time we fought I ended up beating him. This was before the change to Eternity that made it harder to land every single time, as far as I know from what Zycandos told me. Even now, if the Runesmith has a lower ping, he/she will _usually_ come out on top. It's certainly not as often because of the way it was changed, but like I said, usually.

My suggestion would be to change the way Eternity is dealt with and just put everything onto a queue of X(maybe 1.5?) seconds until you cure it.

Comment

• Not to take away from your glory, but that was during a time where if connections were close to or equal to eternity was impossible to land (this was asked of Lord Zycandos after and he had to adjust the times, if you had a log you'd see that eternity wasn't landed once that entire fight). After that fight it was all reviewed since all the complaining went on during those times (both ends), water rune was change and a few skills were added to the Runesmiths along with the adjustment to eternity/speed to allow fair chances. I am not taking away from your victory as it was the first against Tyden at that time, but it was during the time of the impossible land. Never got another fight after that though.....so the rest is history and impossible to judge about equal connections. Though those that I have fought always seem to be great challenges with mostly them pushing me through damage.

I will add that when I was a merchant and Adela was a Runesmith(Her ping being in the 15s and mine being in 30s), I could beat her if wanted just based on damage. There are a few keys to defeating a Runesmith, it just takes patience and a few other factors outside of a decent internet connection. The connection can/should be said about anyone that is/isn't successful at combat. If you don't have a good one, you're more than likely to get stem-rolled against a peer or average fighter...let alone the great fighters within the realm. I still argue that it is the person in the guild, not the guild itself. I lost only one fight as a Warden to a Legion that was using restricted toxins that I didn't know he had, but that was hearing everyone saying Wardens were terrible fighters.

To my knowledge, there really haven't been that many successful Runesmiths to make those assumptions to this date that have used eternity in challenges. Athena, Adela, and Dran were really the only ones that to my knowledge fought a few challenges and weren't at all on the winning side. To make that call, well that means you're drawing on one person's success with the ability.....which I've proven that any guild is capable of great possibilities.

Even though I am already posting more than I thought, but one last point. I do challenge anybody to experiment with the Runesmiths if possible(not saying people change their guild/cities to jump on over) and see how hard/frustrating it truly is. The art of keeping eternity landed is a hard obstacle to accomplish even on those fighters were inferior connections. It isn't like an Assassin affliction class where I know I can rub A, B, C on and produce X, Y, Z on my opponent. If the skill was truly the end all stop skill, I'm sure throughout the time the Runesmiths have existed, we would've seen a lot more eternity users about the land.
      Last edited by David; 8 January 2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
        Not to take away from your glory, but that was during a time where if connections were close to or equal to eternity was impossible to land (this was asked of Lord Zycandos after and he had to adjust the times, if you had a log you'd see that eternity wasn't landed once that entire fight). After that fight it was all reviewed since all the complaining went on during those times (both ends), water rune was change and a few skills were added to the Runesmiths along with the adjustment to eternity/speed to allow fair chances. I am not taking away from your victory as it was the first against Tyden at that time, but it was during the time of the impossible land. Never got another fight after that though.....so the rest is history and impossible to judge about equal connections. Though those that I have fought always seem to be great challenges with mostly them pushing me through damage.
        I wrote about having a slow connection and getting slaughtered. I then wrote about getting a faster connection and having a much easier time. I don't have a log as it was like three or four years ago, if not more :/

Again, as I said, it was and is a battle of connections. No offense to anything you said about Adela(Or any of the others), but she was not a combatant to the extent you or others were(are, I guess). If anyone is dying to a merchant based on damage alone, I really have to call into question their ability to fight.

@Glory: Lol. Pre-nerf Black Legion + toxin + room with one exit. Good luck to anyone!

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is something that can be done, but finding myself logging in from places with people looking over my shoulder (which has been a lot lately) I was wondering if there is a way to hide your password? I have my client set up to hide it, but I've had to log in from the java client etc. So I was just putting this out for the sake of my charater not being compromised.
          Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
          2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
          Words to Live By:
          "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
          "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• You must be lucky if you have people looking over your shoulder. Most people who see what i'm doing think 1)I'm 'hacking'/doing something evil to my computer 2)Can't believe I read ALL that text as it flies by on screen. 3)Wonder where the graphics are, and then promptly ridicule me for playing an 'ancient' game style (DESPITE THE FACT IT SHOWS UP IN SAINTS ROW THE THIRD)
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• generally, yes I get the exact same thing. mostly hacking because that was my reputation in highschool, even though I don't know crap about hardly. I've had a problem before though where one of my more immature friends saw it and promptly logged on and started doing stupid things with Seig. I had to change my password because of it. so yeah. bad experiences...
              Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
              2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
              Words to Live By:
              "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
              "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• It is something I would have to add into the java client. I'll add it in.
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I was performing for a crowd of heretics in the old Music Room venue, when I thought of something.
                  Tonak says when he hands the flute off to you, that he and his people suspect it holding great power, which in turn you find out that it works in the music room of the Abbey.
                  What if the flute were to work in random areas?
                  And playing the correct notes/placing your fingers in the right spots, revealed an otherwise undetectable, unpickable chest.
                  Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I'm just confused as to how these quests were figured out in the very beginning, since you receive absolutely no hints or even nudges in the right direction. Who here figured that one out 100% themselves, without being told what to do?
                    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• I think for the most part, there were clues in the room descriptions. Someone at some point must've had the flute, and went "Wait... that odd room in the abbey with the heretics. It's full of odd music stuff, I wonder if i bring it there." They then bring it to that room and then deduce they could play it.
                      It's a stretch, but it does sound right.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I believe people learned that holes could be covered by examining the flute. From there, it's only logical that this flute would be used as a musical instrument, as why would you be able to cover holes if you didn't intend on playing it. The last step would be figuring out where to play the instrument, which is anyone's guess.

Typically, quests will have major hints in them; if something has a command, it will elude to it in the description or in an npc's explanation. There are, however, harder quests where the answer isn't in front of you and will take longer to figure out. The downside to creating those is that it takes a while to figure out, but once you succeed in cracking the problem, everyone and their cousin knows the solution, which personally would irk Me as a player.
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                          The downside to creating those is that it takes a while to figure out, but once you succeed in cracking the problem, everyone and their cousin knows the solution, which personally would irk Me as a player.
                          Yep, pretty much.
                          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Could institute a new rule, where people aren't allowed to blatantly assist/reveal quest points, or plots that kind of thing. You can make vague hints, that's it. It also presents the potential for smart mouth comments.
                            'Where does the axe go?'
                            'Bury the hatchet my friend!!'
                            I'd watch in mild amusement as the questor bravely tries to bury the axe. But that's just me.

Though in general I'd imagine this'd go over like a lead balloon with some players, personally i'd welcome the mystery that comes with it. It's helpful to the people who make the quest, since the quest they took possibly hours, if not MUCH longer than that, to come up with gets solved by one person then suddenly everyone and their dog knows how to do it. (Almost like a hive mind process...)
                            Breaking the rule would lead to a sudden case of not being able to speak, I'd guess.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I don't get the point. That sounds like a terrible administrative rule.

Comment

• It would certainly be nice if people did not do this by principle, though not to the extreme you present. Having reservations about telling everyone everything is what I speak of. No one from one city should tell someone from another city anything pertaining to how to do something (skills, easter eggs and so on). Even within the city, people should not be so ready to tell someone every minute detail. It leaves the game with no mystery to be solved. People become accustomed to just being fed answers.

If this rule were to exist, however, it would simply be broken out-of-character. Certainly, it's illegal to exchange information out-of-character, but unfortunately, almost all of the older players have broken this rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X