Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond armour - Entertaining, and it'd be nice to get rid of some diamonds, I'll admit. maybe even a skill to embed diamonds into body-armour pieces to increase their armour score.
    Edit: Or into gauntlets to add a bleed damage to hook and punch.

Decay - I imagine that the more expensive the armour, the longer it'd take to decay. Kryllian would logically either take many many decades to decay, or not decay at all (some of those mysterious properties we don't know anything about)
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Law-Decay- I could see that working Kryllian, not decaying armour is a excellent idea. Then we could really start getting rid of ores and they would all be in demand.

Quests- Also I would love to see any more quests really, some days when certain people are on all I can do is hunt dwarves it feels like.
      Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• Since this forum is generating some answers and has been going really great over the past few weeks I have a couple suggestions. To note, I'd also like to thank Lord Jaethor for His amazing work so far on fixing numerous things.

Increasing NPC Guard/Magic levels by two-four and reducing their respawn times from 12 hours(rl) to 8 hours(rl). The main reason I am still hammering home this is truly not because I enjoy a good raid or two, but mainly I feel it does help stimulate the economy in many ways. Arnica, health, mana, and many other items are being used at a much higher volume than a usual bash or quest. On top of that, it's a great chance for cities to merge together to test their group skills and abilities to lead. Just really would like to see this, though if not I will still continue to play as I have for a long time now. Increasing the guard levels would make it harder to raid, and give the defenders some help for all cities.

A lot has been changing/changed lately, and I find that some of the skills that used to work one way aren't working anymore as they normally would. It would really be neat to see the ideafixes/bugfixes logs updated if possible, just to not be kept in the dark so much when something does get changed. Rage in tempestry got changed, and nothing was noted. It isn't a huge deal and if not updated again that is fine, just something more I'd like to see on top of all the great changes that have been going on.

Thank you for your time

David's player.
        Last edited by David; 6 June 2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• As has been stated numerous times on many different threads, we understand your frustration with raid time. That being said, it will not be changing. Please stop posting the same idea.
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Thank you for the speedy reponse, I will refrain from posting on that topic. Does that also go for the other idea/suggestion as well?

Comment

• I will leave Zycandos to decide on those. I feel I should mention that tempestry did not get "changed", but instead "fixed" as there was a bug that was reported concerning it. There is no reason for a skill to attack an offline player.
              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                we understand your frustration with raid time.
                Alright, so what does raiding even really do? Is it just some imaginary "HA HA we killed the guards in your towers!" Someone told me he has to do with getting inside another persons city, but I didn't truly understand it. If there is any post on the BB or Forum please let me know so I can read it.

Comment

• Message 236 out of 267.
                  Date: 4-11-2007 at 13:40.
                  To: Everybody.
                  Subj: Minor raiding changes

Two minor changes to raiding that you should all be aware of

1. Leaving towers undefended will cause your city shield to slowly lose
                  strength, down to a minimum strength of 2. Should you let your shield
                  collapse, it will also take it longer to regain in strength.

2. Guards dying in towers will now take longer to reset than guards in the
                  city itself.

Aten

Comment

• See now why is that not in the Help Raiding file? And the shield is what keeps people from having the ability to portal into the city I take it.

Comment

• There are a number of news posts that also go into more detail on some of the issues around raiding.
                      It is at the bottom.

Comment

• There are a number of news posts that also go into more detail on some of the issues around raiding. Specifically posts 212 and 219
                        That post was 236, I read 212, and 219 before posting they don't mention anything about what it does.

Comment

• Could novices not have to join a realm/city?
                          Frankly the realm selection seems kind of forced upon you. Granted a rogue novice could have a terrible time of things, but they'd also be more free to see each realm as is. For example, alot of novices that join say Golgonath probably don't expect the hierarchy aspect of it all, and probably vanish rather quickly. I'm not picking on Golgonath, I tried Golgonath before the Multiplay rules were clamped down as they are now and found it to be a bit of a bewildering experience and I stopped playing that character.

Even if it were not so much a choice but a grace period after the Island where instead of immediately going to the recruiters after Largon dismisses them, and then during that 'grace period' they could tour each realm and see it as it is. Perhaps even see which guild could use more members or what trade is lacking, because frankly I'd like to believe that each novice would like to bring more than just another body to the game but help the city they choose without having to go through the whole 'Which trade is needed, what guild would i like?' Turn it into an interview process even!
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                            For example, alot of novices that join say Golgonath probably don't expect the hierarchy aspect of it all, and probably vanish rather quickly.
                            To touch on this. Could there perhaps be some kind of disclaimer for novices joining Golgonath? Something along the lines of, 'You might not be treated very nicely. Expect a somewhat difficult existence' etc etc...

Like Pyrok said, a lot of novices come to Golgonath and don't like the rules of the hierarchy, the bowing and so on. If they were more prepared for seriously started at the bottom of the totem pole there would be less turn around, for lack of a better phrase. Just an idea. I've seen many many a novice react very badly when being disciplined or 'yelled at' for breaking a rule or acting out of line. Not that anyone enjoys being yelled at. Just that if they were made aware of how things are in Golgonath they could make a better decision instead of:

'Ooh I wanna be eeeevil!'
                            'Aww I'm being hanged'
                            LEAVE CITY
                            A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

• Just to put this out there..

We understand that you may like to play your role as a leader of an 'evil' city, or maybe you're just a member, but that does not mean you have to exude your role so forcefully it makes novices walk away.

Edit: Went off on a tangent. Took it out. Basically, lend a hand to new people. Akanbar has a lot of strictness about some things compared to other places.
                              Last edited by Chyren; 8 June 2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                                Just to put this out there..

We understand that you may like to play your role as a leader of an 'evil' city, or maybe you're just a member, but that does not mean you have to exude your role so forcefully it makes novices walk away.

Edit: Went off on a tangent. Took it out. Basically, lend a hand to new people. Akanbar has a lot of strictness about some things compared to other places.
                                I'm not referring to exuding my role forcefully on novices. If anything I'm one of the more lenient of the Inner Circle. Especially with novices.

But if you call a Countess a b****, I'm sorry, you're going to hang. Learn from it and move on. Don't whine then rage quit thirty seconds after it happens.
                                A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

Working...
                                X