Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that were possible, just like my idea about buying crystals with gold. One could completely beef a new character if they so chose without them "earning" it so to speak.
    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• If your city council permits just tossing crystals willy-nilly at the next novice to hop off the ferry, I consider that an internal problem.

Perhaps the system could be complicated further, in that you need two council members to make a transfer to any player. One person to initiate the transfer, the second to ratify it. That could -sort of- help to prevent stupid things like that. I'd be happier if we could trust our fellow players not to abuse it, but...experience tells me that's just a funny thought.
      Last edited by Dimetrius; 26 April 2012, 08:45 PM.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• City library

With the secrecy laws in Ysallyra, I think it would be nice if only citizens could check out books from shelves within the city library (this should probably go for all cities though). I had an outrealmer test to see if they could take a book out of the library shelves, and sure enough, they could.

Comment

• Ok, apparently I just don't read all the post frequently enough so I'm going to recap everything I just sat down and read.
          1) You can out cure the double show, I've done it, its a little wacky because of the 'balance' of you speeding back up. Not going into detail on how to keep the cure up but it does in fact work. Also showing faith rune isn't as fast as using protection as a mage because of alacrity.
          2)Crystals as much as I wish I could get crystals every now and again, the only way I could see this being viable is like a 100/1 crystal change to knowledge crystals and only a 50 knowledge crystal limit on those crystals not bought.
          3) I really like the idea of pets, but the likelyhood is slim because as Pyrok posted people don't always stick around, very few do and I don't want dogs/cats/bunnies and shit like that running around the lands.
          4) This is a recent problem I found, ok I understand certain skills overlapping i.e presences in merchantry/ being able to locate in various other skill sets and having presences in intelligence. But I really feel the Storm wardens guild should be looked into a little bit, particularly the freezing skill, depending on how you have it triggered or whatever (person) freezes you then makes their dragon freeze you and can spam it so hard core. I understand all guilds have various things that supposedly 'balance' and I realize people have been using these skills and killing/curing them. Stoning in the earthlore skill set can be blocked, why can't freezing? they are the only guild that can do it and they have two separate skill sets that allow them to do so. David trumped in wardens, he even made it where some things about patrols have been fixed like them being able to walk through walls /ice/stone what have you. I have the charge skill. Dragon icewall, tempest takes the person out of the room at least 1 charge to break the wall they've already put another one up and left the room. They get more than a room away and skywatch no longer works so they could just as easily fly away and heal. This whole rant being based on people who run excessively, Carllen was the worst about flying away and now I see the icewalls/freezing/tempest all this really makes their guild a bunch of escape artists. Carllen won't even fight someone inside because he won't get to have his storm cloud, I mean the fact that your challenging resilience with the lighting and agility with the dragon biting or again resilience to it throwing ice or flaming you and lightning striking you from the cloud even though resilience doesn't have the same damage reduction as agility this gets excessive. I can beat a warden even with all this going but I have talons that do lets say 300 damage 400 with force up, hitting at the same rate they can shoot me with lighting. My idea is just that it should be able to be blocked, lets say with dispersion then they can still freeze you if they balance it right using intonations 'Brogo' skill and they dragon to freeze. Lastly about my rant of this guild, the dragon stomp skills that takes down steadfastness, the dragon gets balance before you can put steadfastness back up. I would post this in the bug thread but I don't have a log.
          Last edited by roeshak; 5 May 2012, 07:56 AM.
          Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
          A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Idea:: I would love to be able to sneak into Elysium and destroy the ballista's on their ships.
            That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
              rant...
              /rant
              I think it is balanced, for the most part. Dragons don't have a 100% chance of freezing you, and you can apply warming no problem when you do get frozen. The skill in Earthlore can be blocked because if they do use it on you, you can't do mostly anything until it wears off... (or they unstone you, if my memory serves me. Haven't fought a Shaman since Carllen was one decades ago.)

There is more to skill balance than annoyance factor. Mana cost, effects, balance time, etc. I'd take a look at all of the factors of a skill before calling it unbalanced.

Also, if someone uses a certain strategy when fighting (be it running, circling, shield tanking, or just standing there until one of you dies), there is probably something you can do to minimize it.

Comment

Lastly about my rant of this guild, the dragon stomp skills that takes down steadfastness, the dragon gets balance before you can put steadfastness back up. I would post this in the bug thread but I don't have a log.
                This is not true.

Comment

• I know at one point it was discussed that these forums were going to get an update of some sort. I'd like to ask for the forum to have the ability view your sent messages. I am not sure if it exists in this forum, if it does, it has hidden itself from my eyes very well. Also, an addition to both the forum and the game is the ability to send a message and get a confirmation message when the recipient reads the message. In game, this will be much more difficult to implement, but on the new Forum, I'd like to see this made available.

Comment

• How can you cure double eternity? Showing yourself and having blaine show you is totally opposite then a person who is attacking and everything. I made this complaint also, but with being slowed its an entirely different beast just standiing and sipping speed compared to actually fighting against it.

Mages shield even with their skill improving focus regain and faith shield from runesmiths are the same time due to the balance recovery from display skill. A mage attacking/shielding is exactly the same speed as well as damage due to npcs having little if not no resilience hence when show death is so powerful.

Not saying you are wrong at all.....just speaking from a person with an above average experience being a mage and runesmith the difference if any is very minimal. As for your double eternity maybe you have fought two unsurp runesmiths....just list their names and I will gladly retract my comment.

All in all...guilds are fairly balance as I have never struggled in any. I think some need improving a tiny bit...but nothing crazy drastic
                    Last edited by David; 5 May 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• David: Have you tried sipping when the rune is shown instead of waiting? The first show you start slowing down, the second slows you down but on both times if you sip when its shown it'll balance. Its not 100% effective but it works a hell of a lot better, I never had eternity as a runesmith.
                      Ilshara yeah there are ways to minimize it but it does become more of a nuisance than anything, I mean I have trapped Carllen in a room with me and he just uses his intonation to get out of the room. I was ranting about the doubling of those skills because of him literally spamming me out of 2 bottles of warming, I've potentially fixed this by re-stocking myself on potions and adding a few more. Just gets tiring, point taken, don't fight one.

Comment

• From now on, if you want to post ideas about changes for guild skills, can you do some testing with saved logs? With timestamps, pertinent information, etc. Just saying, 'O dis does dat' is not helpful.

Comment

• Just as a side note, perhaps to also help with the flow of ideas, please please please check your posts for spelling and grammatical errors as I personally will think your argument or idea is not well thought out if I am even unable to comprehend a thought you type. I am fine with forgetting commas or slight misspellings, but when I give up halfway through a post, there is a problem.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                            Just as a side note, perhaps to also help with the flow of ideas, please please please check your posts for spelling and grammatical errors as I personally will think your argument or idea is not well thought out if I am even unable to comprehend a thought you type. I am fine with forgetting commas or slight misspellings, but when I give up halfway through a post, there is a problem.
                            If indeed this is a reference to me, I'm sorry you cannot understand my posts. I try to make them as coherent as understandable as possible. When you have a lot going through your head at one time its hard to put it all down in a way that doesn't seem a tad staggered. At least that seems to be my problem. I did want to put my idea back out there about destroying the ballista's on ships, I mean you can tell via seamap what city a ship belongs to so taking that is not only pricey to fix but would make things interesting. If I'm on a boat and I see someone on a boat, be it a city enemy I'm probably going to gate to them and do my best to keep them from being able to initiate an attack on my boat.

Comment

• Being able to understand people less, the more alcohol they've consumed. Akin to being unable to understand languages unless you have sufficient intelligence.

Of course, this would probably lead to them talking in tells, or emoting whatever they try to say.
                              And they could just roleplay talking like a drunk, as it is now anyway. *shrug*

Comment

If indeed this is a reference to me, I'm sorry you cannot understand my posts. I try to make them as coherent as understandable as possible. When you have a lot going through your head at one time its hard to put it all down in a way that doesn't seem a tad staggered. At least that seems to be my problem. I did want to put my idea back out there about destroying the ballista's on ships, I mean you can tell via seamap what city a ship belongs to so taking that is not only pricey to fix but would make things interesting. If I'm on a boat and I see someone on a boat, be it a city enemy I'm probably going to gate to them and do my best to keep them from being able to initiate an attack on my boat.
                                It is not directed at one person in particular. I am saying if you put thought into an idea and truly wish to see it implemented, posting your idea in an unreadable format only hurts you ("you" being general). It is not meant to be an insult, but rather helpful information as many players have many different opinions and hearing them helps develop the game. If I am not able to understand the concept being presented, then there is a 99% chance it will not be considered, the 1% being left open to if another player presents it in a more comprehensive fashion.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X