Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, realistically, you wander around aimlessly in most department stores looking for what you came there to get. They have sections for shoes, shirt, pants, etc, and that's what we have with stock trousers, stock boots, etc. Ideally, if you're looking for something specific, or you have questions, you ask someone who works there about them. I wouldn't mind if someone came to me asking about differences in items for sell in my shop. I just see that making stock lists go crazy. I wouldn't mind if the quality of an item was displayed somewhere after the name of the item, because then it would be obvious to people WHY it's priced cheaper, or higher, even. Maybe it could be made where you could type stock maroon belt, stock mithril warhammer, and it would separate them into a list with each item and their number, so you could more easily see differences. I know it's aggravating to examine each item and then find the number. I can see where you're trying to go with the idea, it's just not something simple as separating all the items completely. You'd have fifteen pairs of black boots listed separately on stock then, and maybe only one of them would be different in quality. But a...quick stock option, that would list only what you wanted, and break them up...I can see that.
    Last edited by Shax; 21 August 2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
      But a...quick stock option, that would list only what you wanted, and break them up...I can see that.
      That is exactly what I'm asking... That is why I put STOCK BATTLEAXE and not just STOCK... If I just wanted to see battlaxes it would only list those, but in separate lines. Just to make things easier.
      Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

• Good morning/afternoon/evening little players,

A week has come and gone and with it goes the previous idea theme of the week. A special thanks to those who brought up some good ideas, all of which will be reviewed and stamped "yes" or "no" as always.

Before I announce the theme of the week (or scroll down if you hate smiles), there are a few ideas that have been implemented that I feel earned a notification. Again, once I'm done implementing them all, I will formally post:

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
        Can lock picks work on chests and wardrobes, please?
        Cogaar's untimely demise has left Me wiping away nonexistent tears, yet feeling the need for a solution to your problem caused by inexplicably getting locked out of your own items (as I am certain they are not illegally seized). Try not to make Me regret this, thank you. This is prone to change slightly, depending on if people somehow abuse this or if other changes are needed.

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
        Give cooks the ability to brew tea
        Yes. The rest of what you said, no. I also dug a couple new tavern brews out of the woodworks and stuck them in some village taverns. Enjoy.

A few more changes are coming.

-----------------

This week's theme is going to be a double one. Both choices are too weak to stand on their own for a full week, but I do want input on either one.

The themes are: Sea Exploration and Player Customization.

If you have an interest only in sea exploration and not player customization, write about just sea exploration and vice versa. As always, here are a few rules:
        • Fishing has already been suggested
        • Please no suggesting of pets.
        • "Lower the price of ____" isn't going to happen. Instead, try to come to a different compromise.
        • If you feel like these fields have already been fleshed out enough, say so.

As always, have fun and good luck.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I really think adding some fishing trips or tools or just anything fishing would be nice.
          And PETS! How cool would it be to have a pet falcon! *drools*
          And seriously, the price of Kryllian is outrageous.

What? Why is everyone staring at me? Do I have something on my nose. (hope it isn't a lightning bolt...)

--------

I think small additions to how we view our gear would be nifty. Like adding little symbols or ornament.
          Like skull knee pads for our leg greaves. Or Dragon spalders for our platemail. customized helms horns/spikes/trident look...

*Waits to see how many people shoot his idea down this time.*

Comment

• Player customization, ughhhh...I'm so in favour of this, but I'm not in the right state of mind to suggest anything concrete.

Item customization (REAL customization, not people begging for 10 more sword templates and 50 more types of helms) would be glorious, but I know it's never going to happen/will end up costing power crystals.

This leaves me sad
            Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
            Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Smaller seagoing vessels perhaps? Such as canoes, skiffs and other easily sinkable vessels. The trade off in cheaper building costs would be they would not 1) be able to go very far into the sea (while I am aware that oceans have been crossed in such vessels, in Akanbar's setting this would be tantamount to suicide) and 2) are considerably weaker than the larger versions
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Detahn View Post
                Well the point is to make things easier and more realistic... If you walk into a store wanting to buy a pair of shoes, your going to want to goto a section that has your desired size, look, and price. Not the big dump table off to the side with 46 different types of shoes in it and dig and hope you find something you came into the store to find. You're going to want to see what the store has to offer of a certain brand and see if you want to pay that much for whatever differences they have in each other.
                It is realistic, until you examine the weapon yourself and have the proper skills to tell how good the weapon is you'd pay the same price for a weapon with all zeros.
                Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

And seriously, the price of Kryllian is outrageous.
                  I mine, on a good day I find roughly 5-8 kryllian for a total of around 8 hours worth of serious mining.
                  Not only that, but its already rare to find in the first place. You're lucky if you can find kryllian for sale anywhere outside of an actual miner selling it, the only ores I've sold that were kryllian I sold for 30 gold per ore. No one wants to mine because of how unpleasant the job is and even cities run out of coin to buy ores. Have you looked at the prices on the other ores and what cities will buy the ore for? To have a decent mine, I have to have around 100 gold for a 8 hour session in the mines and that's not including the wood I need to shore if nothing else the rooms I plan to mine the ores out of. Kryllian and mithril are the only reason I even step foot in the mines, they deserve the prices they have.
                  Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                  A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                    I mine, on a good day I find roughly 5-8 kryllian for a total of around 8 hours worth of serious mining.
                    Not only that, but its already rare to find in the first place. You're lucky if you can find kryllian for sale anywhere outside of an actual miner selling it, the only ores I've sold that were kryllian I sold for 30 gold per ore. No one wants to mine because of how unpleasant the job is and even cities run out of coin to buy ores. Have you looked at the prices on the other ores and what cities will buy the ore for? To have a decent mine, I have to have around 100 gold for a 8 hour session in the mines and that's not including the wood I need to shore if nothing else the rooms I plan to mine the ores out of. Kryllian and mithril are the only reason I even step foot in the mines, they deserve the prices they have.
                    As a former miner, agreed.

Comment

• I'm going to have to intervene and point out that Detahn was just being a soon-to-be-obliterated dummy by trying to break all the rules in one sweep by bringing up the price of Kryllian, the concept of pets and and fishing. I strongly suggest that for his own well-being you lot don't all focus the discussion onto any of those three Jaethor-rule-breaking statements that he so... boldly (and jokingly) brought up.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• What He said... All three of the first statements I made were for giggles and were not for actual discussion.
                        Sorry if all that came off as... non-sarcastic comments.
                        -----------
                        I don't know about you guys but, I've always wanted to see learning upgraded... When you are learning Lore, Novice to Ignorant, it would show you how to use the basic runes, survey your lands and what not. Versus once you get to a higher level of Lore the teacher would then show you how to use toxins kits and how to cook. Instead of every time I learn Lore, I see how invoke a heaven and faith rune.... Every... single.... time.

Thoughts. <--- (this idea will most likely be shot down by everyone just like everything else.)

Comment

I don't know about you guys but, I've always wanted to see learning upgraded... When you are learning Lore, Novice to Ignorant, it would show you how to use the basic runes, survey your lands and what not. Versus once you get to a higher level of Lore the teacher would then show you how to use toxins kits and how to cook. Instead of every time I learn Lore, I see how invoke a heaven and faith rune.... Every... single.... time.
                          Like with brawling, getting knee'd in the groin every lesson. Or symbiosis, getting your throat ripped out every time. A good idea yes, but very time consuming for EVERY level of EVERY skill EVER.
                          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                          bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                          Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                          You are 234 years old.
                          The year is 456.
                          Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                            A good idea yes, but very time consuming for EVERY level of EVERY skill EVER.
                            Well, it would only change every time you gain a new level, I'm not sure how hard that is to code, but I wouldn't think writing the text would be all that difficult. Just figure out what skills you gain in between each level and those are the skills you put in the lesson till you gain a new level.

Comment

• for every skill though? The normal ones then every guild skill. Thats a lot of text for every thirteen levels. Edit: sorry if it looks weird, on my phone at work
                              Last edited by Zinerva; 24 August 2012, 05:20 AM. Reason: clarification
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
                              bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
                              Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
                              You are 234 years old.
                              The year is 456.
                              Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Personally, I see that as a waste of time and effort when more...useful...and interesting things could be worked on. You know what I think would be great? Extending the cap on player title length, even if just by...five or ten characters. Also perhaps allowing the inclusion of a surname, separate from the restrictions on title length.

Example!

Warning: This is extremely long, and probably very poorly written

Perhaps this can only be done once every X amount of years, to prevent constant changes...also accompanied by a large gold fee, for the sake of overwriting records and the like (fleshing out can be handled at another time). Since changing your name would be, in essence, rewriting your own history in regards to everyone else's knowledge, one idea that I sort of liked was giving the power of committing/changing surnames to Father Jehan, given that he has access to the sort of scholarly and historical database that this would likely be run through. (Overembellishment, yes)

ASK JEHAN SET SURNAME BLAH
                                You hand <sum of> gold over to Father Jehan of the Order Litera, who immediately begins recovering and processing scrolls and parchment slips relative to your recorded deeds and triumphs. Looking up quickly, he waves his hand towards you in quick dismissal, noting that your request will take some time to complete.

Ideally, I would expect something like this to take at least an Akanbar year to stress the commitment and, once again, keep people from being fickle and silly about it. This could also allow ample time for things like administrative approval, to make sure that a name is appropriate and fitting of the character (So things like Dimetrius Daisypuff aren't popping up every other day). You could ASK JEHAN FORGET REQUEST if you change your mind, though I wouldn't think this would warrant a refund. At the end of the waiting period, you would then have your chosen surname stuck right there for everyone to see.

If you marry someone who already has a committed surname, you take theirs as well with no cost. If two people whom already have surnames are married, the one to accept the proposal has their name altered. If two people whom are already married decide on a surname, only one will have to pay and process the request.

While I'm not hoping for a family system as (ridiculously and irritatingly) complex as certain other games, I do think this would be something fun to keep around. It could then be branched out to allow actual adoptions, and the forming of lineage that could be carried on for quite a while.

tl;dr:
                                Let us pay for functional last names, because I don't want to sacrifice title space AND because it's totally cool AND lets us flesh out our characters in previously-unexplored (or at least, not-well-explored) ways. I've given restrictions and possibilities for further expansion, because I really don't have a life.
                                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Working...
                                X