Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice to have that, I hate losing my last name whenever i abruptly decide to return to civilized life. Seeing Vagabond after Pyrok is basically my only player based motivation for getting suffix privileges back ASAHP
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I think there should be more islands...we only have three known islands, and it might encourage people to explore more, despite the costs and risks now, if they had a chance of finding something undiscovered.

It would be nice if something could be done with our roleplay points. Maybe we could purchase something with them. I know someone mentioned converting them into crystals at one point...maybe they could be substituted for power crystals for the poor people. Of course, at that point, you'd probably have to moderate how the points are given out more. Maybe there could be an approval period before you got your points... Just a thought.

...player customization...
      Any chance other races will ever be made available as player characters? Dwarf, elves, goblin, etc...

Edit:
      On another note...
      I think it would be nice to be able to write our own "short description".
      Instead of walking into a room and seeing 'Lord Revenant Dimetrius is here' you would see something like, 'His face cast in light from the Eternal Flame, a pale ghost of a man stands here." This would give a more accurate idea of what people were doing if they walked into the room, other than standing, sitting on something...sleeping.

You could change it regularly to exhibit your actions. "Sweat droplets clinging to her forehead, a petite white-haired woman hovers at the opening of an oven, the savoury smell of cooking meat wafting out of the oven door."

Plus, I hate how everyone just...knows your name. You meet someone, and introduce yourself. "Shax says, "Hello, I'm Shax." YES...we know that already.

I'd rather walk into a room and see people lounging on chairs, drinking, reading, talking to one another in hushed tones...than just, so and so and so and so are standing here. Apparently doing nothing. The skill scan could still show you names of people there, so that you'd know who they were and could examine them regardless. Supposing you could scan them well enough that you could make an educated guess as to who they are. This would give us the ability to do longer emotes, as it would read the short description, then the emote. Instead of just a name followed by the emote.

So something along these lines.
      Em would register as their short description instead of their name, and would be followed with a basic emote.
      "A petite white-haired woman with wide golden eyes mutters under her breath about herself." - for mutter.
      Or if we chose to emote ourselves..."A petite white-haired woman with wide golden eyes looks up at you suddenly, sloshing the wine in her goblet in her excitement. She stammers a moment before mumbling a single word which you can only assume is her name, "Sh-Shax..."
      Last edited by Shax; 26 August 2012, 05:46 AM. Reason: ...more ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
        I think there should be more islands...we only have three known islands, and it might encourage people to explore more, despite the costs and risks now, if they had a chance of finding something undiscovered.

It would be nice if something could be done with our roleplay points. Maybe we could purchase something with them. I know someone mentioned converting them into crystals at one point...maybe they could be substituted for power crystals for the poor people. Of course, at that point, you'd probably have to moderate how the points are given out more. Maybe there could be an approval period before you got your points... Just a thought.

Any chance other races will ever be made available as player characters? Dwarf, elves, goblin, etc...

Edit:
        On another note...
        Instead of walking into a room and seeing 'Lord Revenant Dimetrius is here' you would see something like, 'His face cast in light from the Eternal Flame, a pale ghost of a man stands here." This would give a more accurate idea of what people were doing if they walked into the room, other than standing, sitting on something...sleeping.

You could change it regularly to exhibit your actions. "Sweat droplets clinging to her forehead, a petite white-haired woman hovers at the opening of an oven, the savoury smell of cooking meat wafting out of the oven door."

Plus, I hate how everyone just...knows your name. You meet someone, and introduce yourself. "Shax says, "Hello, I'm Shax." YES...we know that already.

I'd rather walk into a room and see people lounging on chairs, drinking, reading, talking to one another in hushed tones...than just, so and so and so and so are standing here. Apparently doing nothing. The skill scan could still show you names of people there, so that you'd know who they were and could examine them regardless. Supposing you could scan them well enough that you could make an educated guess as to who they are. This would give us the ability to do longer emotes, as it would read the short description, then the emote. Instead of just a name followed by the emote.

Em would register as their short description instead of their name, and would be followed with a basic emote.
        "A petite white-haired woman with wide golden eyes mutters under her breath about herself." - for mutter.
        Or if we chose to emote ourselves..."A petite white-haired woman with wide golden eyes looks up at you suddenly, sloshing the wine in her goblet in her excitement. She stammers a moment before mumbling a single word which you can only assume is her name, "Sh-Shax..."
        I like all of this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
          I've seen an entire system elsewhere where you had to use a command like GIVENAME on another player, else they would only see your custom short description. I found it interesting, and would absolutely love something similar...but better.

Consider being able to build your character a custom look description that you can change at will! A whole syntax system could be ushered in, with things like...

SHORTDESC EYES sapphirine - A man with sapphirine eyes
          SHORTDESC HAIR long, white - A man with sapphirine eyes and long, white hair
          SHORTDESC BASIC gaunt - A gaunt man with sapphirine eyes and long, white hair
          SHORTDESC CLEAR EYES - A gaunt man with long, white hair

The fields prevent stupid things like 'A man with a lot of sex appeal who knows how to talk to a lady' or 'A woman with a kind heart who is descended from the noble family of Xigfiejjgh'e'nng and married to the best hunter in all of Akanbar', but can still give IMMENSE diversity by allowing free choice and the omission of one or two of them. I could be the example above, while someone else may be...

A petite woman with wide, golden eyes
          A man with tousled, brown hair
          A hunchbacked woman with bloodshot eyes

It can be as simple or as complex as the player wants their character to be, within limits (character, word, etc.). Of course if we used a system where players who are set as knowing your name ALWAYS see your name, the short descriptions would be rather useless except for new/returning players who haven't gathered names.

Maybe we could have an option to turn them on/off at will? People who want to immerse themselves in heavy roleplay can do so, while people less-accustomed or simply not in it for the long run still see names at every instance (I imagine things like tells would be unaffected either way, and remain in their current state).

Just brainstorming here, but this sort of thing is DEFINITELY something I'm in favour of.

---

As for the 'pose' thing: it sounds complicated, and I imagine a lot of people would ruin the fun by using it for absolutely stupid things. Of course, you could say the same about custom emoting. If it could be done properly, I would love to have something of the sort included as well!
          Last edited by Dimetrius; 27 August 2012, 12:00 AM.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Greetings,

As the mortal who prodded Me to remind Me knows, it's response time.

Originally posted by Detahn View Post
            I think small additions to how we view our gear would be nifty. Like adding little symbols or ornament.
            This was attempted when embroidery was added, but it doesn't seem to have taken too much. If people terribly want this, speak up, but otherwise, probably not.

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
            Item customization (REAL customization, not people begging for 10 more sword templates and 50 more types of helms) would be glorious, but I know it's never going to happen/will end up costing power crystals.
            It would end up costing PC, to be honest. Servers cost money among half a dozen other things Akanbar does, so money has to be made somewhere.

Originally posted by Detahn View Post
            I don't know about you guys but, I've always wanted to see learning upgraded...
            There are roughly 30 skillsets, 11 levels you can learn at (12 total, but one is Unsurpassable). From there, each learning message has first person point of view, second and third. That's 30*11*3. That means to implement your idea, someone needs to write 990 unique messages. No.

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
            Let us pay for functional last names, because I don't want to sacrifice title space AND because it's totally cool AND lets us flesh out our characters in previously-unexplored (or at least, not-well-explored) ways. I've given restrictions and possibilities for further expansion, because I really don't have a life.
            Families I'll start a discussion on, but having an NPC be able to give you a suffix or prefix has long since been "no"ed.

Originally posted by Shax View Post
            I think there should be more islands...we only have three known islands, and it might encourage people to explore more, despite the costs and risks now, if they had a chance of finding something undiscovered.
            Ok. I'll be less mean maybe too.

This has already been suggested a few times now. The reward would have to be heavily debated (by the Gods) before it is ever implemented.

No chance, sorry.

No (explained privately).

As irksome as it may be, that isn't going to change.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              No (explained privately).
              I would like to share in this otherwise-private explanation too, if at all possible

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                A hunchbacked woman with bloodshot eyes
                If its not too much trouble, could you please leave my mum out of your examples. Cheers.
                We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                  If its not too much trouble, could you please leave my mum out of your examples. Cheers.
                  My dreams will never be realized, I have nothing left to lose :'(

Comment

• Jails!

First of all, I don't think this idea will work on actual players but I have an idea to put it in with player interaxtions. I figured if we(players) can get into the city, then why couldn't a serf, warden, etc. So they come into the opposing city and can kill their citizens... then we could capture them and put them in jail.

Not sure if there is a cap for how many citizens or pyros can spawn but let's say it is 10. The more you capture the less that will spawn inside the city. This would lead to someone who would HAVE to sneak into the city and free their citizens from jail.

Of course said place would be easily defended due to people setting large amounts of guards at the location, but, we would set a prison guard in the jail and when ever someone trys to set guards there for more defence he would say "This jail is already guarded enough, we need not your help" or something like that. The guard of course would be strong enough to where someone would have to be adept in fighting and defending themselves in combat. This is just an idea... feel free to shoot it down. Like everyone always does.

PS: on my phone sorry for all the errors.
                    Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

• Good day to you all, mortals.

A weekly idea topic has come and gone and while I would not say it was as successful as the first, I certainly have jotted down bits and pieces from each idea, if not the whole idea.

In a shocking turn of events, now that this weekly topic has ended, another will take its place. This topic is perhaps one I was shying away from, but such will have it that I cannot avoid it altogether. I'm rather tired, so I won't do a whole song and dance.

This week's theme will be inter-city warfare.

Rules:
                      • I know there's the bug where tiny troops glitch.
                      • Guards, raiding and other dead-horse-beating topics are excluded. I don't care if you start your paragraph with "I know you said not to talk about this, but..."
                      • If it's something that makes you laugh maniacally at how over-powered it is, I'm not going to add it in.
                      • If it's something that ruins someone else's gameplay (ie, a feature that'll make storm warden tempestry unable to be used, forsaken unable to use psionics etc, no go). Basically, if it'll result in a crying/upset novice who didn't bring this upon him/herself, no.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I'm curious of the point of having a discussion that excludes two thirds of the existing content.

Regardless, I'd like to see a new warfare troop type:
                        Artillery - Expensive, slow moving, extremely poor fighting ability, but can cause reasonable damage to city gates.
                        The actual flavour of artillery isn't important, could be engineering, gunpowder (please no) or magical in nature.

The reason for this suggestion is that gate assaulting is completely formulaic to be remotely successful. There is only one method, and its entirely uninspiring.

Malic
                        Last edited by Malic; 28 August 2012, 11:54 PM.
                        We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                          I'm curious of the point of having a discussion that excludes two thirds of the existing content.

Regardless, I'd like to see a new warfare troop type:
                          Artillery - Expensive, slow moving, extremely poor fighting ability, but can cause reasonable damage to city gates.
                          The actual flavour of artillery isn't important, could be engineering, gunpowder (please no) or magical in nature.

The reason for this suggestion is that gate assaulting is completely formulaic to be remotely successful. There is only one method, and its entirely uninspiring.

Malic
                          I'm trying to open up an area that hasn't been discussed before. I'm not saying raiding nor guards will never change, but the idea-of-the-week's point is to get conversation generated on topics that might not get as much discussion as others. There is room for improvement everywhere, but for now, I want to hear ideas about XYZ instead of ABC.

Comment

• Unrelated to the topic, but relevant given recent events.

Allow ships to have multiple captains, as assigned by the vessel's owner.

Also, voicing support for smaller vessels so I can turn into a raving sea-hermit without getting a ridiculously large ship.

Comment

• This is actually something I noticed today, you can't sail into other cities harbors but from what I understand via hearsay you can attack another cities harbor. This is in essence a question, how is that supposed to work out? Could you perhaps attack the harbor then sail into it, the attack killing the npc's in the harbors area? Its not a likely feat that we could take on all the guards and all that do surround other cities harbors anyhow but I really think a type of sea warfare wouldn't be a bad thing to open back up. I'm still in favor of taking the number of active guards down at city gates to increase the likelihood of a war being won with the players instead of killing ourselves to move armies around. I mean, sure it would make things easier but with all the restrictions that are currently placed on raiding and warfare in general it does make things a bit excessive. In my entire time in akanbar we've never had enough people that could pull of a gate raid, not to mention the guards that back up peoples gates as well. I'm not saying 'OH DRAMATIC CHANGE!', just make it do able in some sense... shit 10 people probably couldn't go into a gate unless they were all warriors and actually come close to attempting to pull it off. We can't use calling to try and defeat a gate... even though in most cases multiple guards will come in when there has only been 1 call. Uhm, player killing... ok, we are at war, we are enemies! I can't kill you because everyone is butt hurt over it. PvP would probably make more people want to come around, it wouldn't be all that great to do for hunting but I'm sure wars would be either a lot faster or a lot more intense. (Side thought on that, can't kill people who are inside their own cities) Raids are fun, but the whole idea behind warfare is a bit burnt out. Most times a war goes on for 20 or so years until Ysallyra or whomever decides to step in and throw the last little hand in to end it, and even with the last war that Arquenian army stepped in after Golgonath lost because they lost so much from that one war... its hard to do everything, but make war a bigger deal that what it is. Make it worthwhile and make it actually DOABLE. Sure complaints are always brought up about someone being killed outside of challenges, but take that up to your city leaders about how bad you don't want to be killed because they aren't there to help you or whatever. This would also give the crafter types more of a job so their opinions would need to be processed as well. Lots to say here but I'm going to stop to hear a response from whomever.
                              Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                              A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                                . PvP would probably make more people want to come around, it wouldn't be all that great to do for hunting but I'm sure wars would be either a lot faster or a lot more intense. (Side thought on that, can't kill people who are inside their own cities)

As a side note here, I understand we have younger people in the lands. Make a restriction on them... perhaps if they aren't your peer or something of that extent you aren't allowed to attack. I don't know what exactly to put there but we have a lot of capable fighters and the war seems stupid when killing your enemies can get you stoned or banned completely.
                                Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                                A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Working...
                                X