Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears. You could fight with them by jabbing people with them, and you could throw them one location away at someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannil View Post
      Spears. You could fight with them by jabbing people with them, and you could throw them one location away at someone.
      We do have spears (or javelins, something of the sort), they came about with the upgrade to the throwing mechanic. Unfortunately, they only see use during the Gladiator battles, which are pretty much unheard of lately.

Edit: The thought being, of course, I would be okay with this being more openly-accessible. Though on the other hand, it is sort of cool for it to only be a thing you can do when prancing around as a historical warrior, and it COULD end up being one of those things that's fun for two days, then people forget because they just aren't that good.
      Last edited by Dimetrius; 10 February 2013, 04:00 PM.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Aww so I can't get a smith to make me a spear? It has to be in one of these Gladiator battles?

I must have a spear!

Comment

• We'll probably want to sort out what we want to do with the current weapon system before adding in any new weapons or armour (with the exception of the barbed, which was sitting in the to-do list for quite some time, apparently).
          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Yes, sort that system.

Sort it good.

>:]

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• -Also, a sheath as an alternative to scabbards. And the ability to wear the sheathe/scabbard on your belt, back, slung over your shoulder or on your ankle if its a dagger.
              You can specify that anyway yourself in your description, the scabbard isn't really specified to be on your waist. and it holds just about anything. Sheathe/scabbard is really the same thing, or rather 'sheathe' is what you do with a scabbard. So... wear the scabbard on your back, or ankle, strap it to your thigh. People might look at you funny but that just gives you time to poke them in the eye.
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                You can specify that anyway yourself in your description, the scabbard isn't really specified to be on your waist. and it holds just about anything. Sheathe/scabbard is really the same thing, or rather 'sheathe' is what you do with a scabbard. So... wear the scabbard on your back, or ankle, strap it to your thigh. People might look at you funny but that just gives you time to poke them in the eye.

Right you are sir.

Comment

• Dueling/Fencing/Swordfighting/

An alternative to normal challenge fighting. (A swordplay mini-game type thing.)

You could challenge the other person to a swordfight/duel.

Swing left/Swing right/Swing down/Thrust

Block left/Block right/Block up/DoNothing

Each person takes it in turns to swing their sword and the other person has to guess where to block.

When someone is hit blood is drawn and the duel ends. (Or at the beginning of the duel the combatants could decide how many strikes will be needed for the win.)

Comment

• I'm for this, rather with fists... and till whoever blacks out or cries for their mother first.

No crotch kicking, no biting, no nipple twisting and no toe stomping.
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                      I'm for this, rather with fists... and till whoever blacks out or cries for their mother first.
                      Yes a fists version of it would also be good, maybe using brawling skills. You could start the game/match/brawl by offering to 'throw down' with them. *grin*

Jab / parry or block left

Punch / parry or block right

Hook / duck and weave

After a certain number of hits are landed a person could become 'dazed' or 'rocked', at this point one more hit will end the match by knocking them down.

Perhaps you could be allowed use grapple in this as well, where landing a slam or an armbreak would also end the match.

Comment

• Note: The sword duel could be a more lethal version of this boxing/grappling match, the consequence of losing the sword duel could be death. Experience loss and all.

Comment

• So essentially Rock Paper Scissors to the death? This...doesn't sound like a thing anyone will ever do :b

New idea:
                          Double, triple, QUADRUPLE the number of pages in respective books. If the line limit for reading is only going to be 22 or so lines, I want more pages! I feel forcing someone to type MORE is extremely immersion-breaking (I'm a snob, problem?). Also, come on. A fat codex that's described as being huge and book-like should have more than six pages.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Wait there's more, because I really am a snob. Let's just have a strict line limit on a page, so instead of forcing a MORE prompt...it just carries over onto the next page. Man that'd be fantastically great and greatly fantastic. Could still write on a specified page if you want, but if you'd rather ramble and just fill the buffer up...all nice and separated!

Pleasepleaseplease.
                          Last edited by Dimetrius; 16 February 2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            So essentially Rock Paper Scissors to the death? This...doesn't sound like a thing anyone will ever do :b
                            It would be intense, interesting, exciting and fun.

If the gods are willing I would love to write/create the descriptive part for the 'boxing match' and 'sword duel' that Pyrok and I were talking about above.

The barefists/grapple/brawl match would work really nicely the way described above.

But I thought of a better way to do the sword one, because its more lethal a one in four chance of blocking through guessing where the other person will hit maybe wouldn't be the best.

Here's the new idea for the sword duel.

-Same 'commands' as the first idea.

-The attacking dueller uses three attacks in any sequence of his/her choosing.

-The defending dueller see's these attacks coming and must react to them by blocking them in time.

(Kind of like in those dance mat games or the guitar hero game where you see the incoming commands you have to press and must press the right ones fast enough.)

-Then the defender is straight away able to launch his/her attacks after defending. (Becoming the attacker.)

This could be fast paced and intense, or slow paced and tense. Depending on the duellers. (As when not attacking or defending they would be circling each other.)

Also, maybe if the attacker lands a hit he remains the attacker and gets another three attacks. Then you would only get to attack after a successful defence of all three attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dannil View Post
                              This could be fast paced and intense, or slow paced and tense. Depending on the duellers. (As when not attacking or defending they would be circling each other.)
                              Just seems like everyone and their brother would have a complete set of triggers five minutes into the unveiling, and it would never be used beyond that. Call me pessimistic or over-analytical, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

Comment

• Hopefully this idea is relatively simple to implement, though I suspect not, but I would very much like the fish i catch with a pole to be cooked/dried into food. Every time i turn in a large fish i can't help but feel sorry for my periodically starving rogue.
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X