Clear All

• You ruined the 300 reference.
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinia View Post
      You ruined the 300 reference.

never watched that movie... I tried once, awful movie.
      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by roran View Post
        never watched that movie... I tried once, awful movie.
        Now you fail.
        Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
        A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
          Now you fail.
          What? Is it seriously that good? I saw the first five minutes then decided to turn the television off and go on my Xbox.
          Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• Ideas guys. I D E A S. IF it was funny, I might not post this. OR if it was trolling. But no. Just no.

Comment

• Here's one, not much of an idea as it retroactively makes all the time we've spent learning skills/spending crystals moot. but, how about when you join a guild, ALL the skills are available to you, the catch is you don't know what they are. You 'learn' what they are, through trial and error. Personally i think its neat.
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• What? Did that idea scare everyone off? I mean i'm not even getting Chyren (not saying he exists) appearing saying 'No. Just... no.' anymore, what gives?
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Ehh... This is slightly out of character... but wouldn't it be a thousand times worse than people giving away cures for afflictions?
                  We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Personally, it sounds like an IRE concept, where you can see all of the skills and look at their AB files, but don't know them till you learn enough. I didn't want to make my ghostly presence known, sry :/

Comment

• hm, the disembodied voice has a point. I more thought it was meant as, you couldn't see the skills, but you could use any of them, if you figured out what they were/what the syntax was.
                      We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Blah. Knowing the cures to afflictions is only 5% of the effort to becoming decent in combating affliction users. There's a bunch of stuff you'd have to do. Just making simple triggers that reacts to affliction messages is not enough. Those stuff... I won't blatantly give away cause that just ruins the challenge of figuring stuff out on one's own effort. So yea... not a big deal if people know what cures an affliction.

Comment

• I agree, in the case of fighting, but I'm not sure the same principle applies here. I guess I think the unsurp guild skills are something you should have to work for, not have handed to you on a silver platter

Comment

• Waiting around for 3 days straight worth of crystals is doing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                              hm, the disembodied voice has a point. I more thought it was meant as, you couldn't see the skills, but you could use any of them, if you figured out what they were/what the syntax was.
                              Yeah.... that's what I thought Pyrok meant. That would just make the game far easier and lazier in my opinion. If it's a plan to even new players out with the older players. That would actually backfire, since the majority of individuals who are older would not blatantly give out knowledge of guild skills. I for sure wouldn't. Definitely would remove all the guild skills I have already listed for novices for security reasons. That in its own right would frustrate new people more than waiting around for crystals.

My personal preference would be a method to transfer knowledge crystals to other players like how you would for power crystals.

Those who would claim this would be overpowered.... how bout a fee of 10 copper (more or less) per knowledge crystal transferred? 10 knowledge crystals transferred would amount to 1 gold.

If not monetary, then how about losing half the total amount of crystal traded to the player? For example, 100 knowledge crystals would be transferred as 50 power crystals.

Either way... I'd definitely love to share my knowledge crystals. :/ 250 knowledge crystals sitting around for decades, and it's not likely going to be used any time soon.
                              Last edited by Joscelin; 8 June 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• No offense, Josc, but I'm whoa not a fan of that. This means that once you get sick of an alt, you can transfer the crystals to them by quitting your guild, etc. "But that's illegal, and no one will do it!" People will do anything for anything.

In addition, it's a lot like IRE muds where you can just spam quests to learn more. Personally, the crystal system that's set up is my favorite way to learn, one that I've used in most of the muds I've stuck to.

Instead, maybe there should be a way to change your crystals into something else, as I know many are omni-unsurpassable. Maybe each knowledge crystal could convert into 10 copper (your example amount) or whatnot, though I do agree with Chyren that there's too much gold circulating around.
                                Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                                You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                                You say, "Go get it!"
                                You throw a light crystal to the up.
                                You have recovered balance.
                                Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                                Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Working...
                                X