X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
    Please. I'm begging you.

When chains can be prevented by dodging, Snake only doing half of the job by pulling them back in, and Grasp rendered completely useless by a single trigger...well, things get a little irritating.
    Some type of wall would be ideal....stone walls and icewalls for shamans/ wardens. Perhaps firestorm would surround the area in flames so that all exits are blocked only to be leaped through or any of the other getaway skills? Or just a regular wall......
    Last edited by Aaridan; 29 July 2010, 09:47 PM.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
      Some type of wall would be ideal....stone walls and icewalls for shamans/ wardens. Perhaps firestorm would surround the area in flames so that all exits are blocked only to be leaped through or any of the other getaway skills? Or just a regular wall......
      If firestorm surrounded the area in flames, a Warden could negate it with his cloud. I'm thinking some sort of fire or spirit wall. But instead of actually blocking movement, it could do some damage when you run through it, or something like that.
      You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
      Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
      You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vriel View Post
        If firestorm surrounded the area in flames, a Warden could negate it with his cloud. I'm thinking some sort of fire or spirit wall. But instead of actually blocking movement, it could do some damage when you run through it, or something like that.
        A wall could also be a very bad idea for Pyromancers, you have to remember that you don't have an ability to leave a room quickly outside of leaping. The firestorm blocking the area would benefit you greatly as you'd be able to flame through it? No?
        To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vriel View Post
          Spirit waaaall. You walk through it fine, but have to writhe to move after that. It's perfect. Just, too keep it from being overdone, add a ridiculous long focus recovery when you put it up [like, ahem, strengthen and empower] and it's perfect.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• or it destroys your spirit in the process, by destroy i mean morphs it. and after a while you get your spirit back.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
              or it destroys your spirit in the process, by destroy i mean morphs it. and after a while you get your spirit back.
              Sort of like how Possession keeps you from attacking. I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Here's another one (likely really hard to implement, but its an interesting idea i guess.)
                Intonation being changed so that you can combine words such as 'ignatius' and 'servo' and get a fire shield much like Pyromancers would (the difference is that this shield would vanish after a while) or 'Contego' and 'Omnis' to give everyone a shield.
                Like i said, i have a feeling this would be extremely difficult to implement as you would have to account for every feasible combonation.
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Hmm... sounds more like it'd be a complete skill set overhaul. instead of gaining specific skills... you'd just learn certain words and be more or less on your own to mix and match them in a useful way.
                  We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                    Hmm... sounds more like it'd be a complete skill set overhaul. instead of gaining specific skills... you'd just learn certain words and be more or less on your own to mix and match them in a useful way.
                    That would be nice.

...that being the very reason it will -never- happen.

Comment

• I have an idea, but it pertains to Smiths. Would be nice if we could make mirrors, combs, scissors, hair brushes, ect ect ect... Little items like that could further the RP for some people. Just an idea...

Comment

• It's much easier for people to just RP having those items, rather than coding them in, I'm sure.

Comment

• i did something like that once and someone got on my case for rping something that doesn't exist/i don't geniunely have... which is funny cause people put streaks in their hair... how would you do that in akanbar? clothing dye is pretty... toxic. (this statement is not meant to be sarcastic or snide or negative in anyway, if someone knows, then please say something, its a minor mystery for me.)
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                            i did something like that once and someone got on my case for rping something that doesn't exist/i don't geniunely have.
                            Jealousy. Pure jealousy :b

Comment

• What about the ability to smith staves? Would be nice to be able to supply our mages with more than 2 types... Why should they be the only class who can't have a multitude of choices? I mean, if you think about it, Pyromancers should burn or warp/melt their staff, same as Wardens, and Shaman don't even get a cool attack message when they wield a staff. Just my thoughts. I'm putting it on the table, you do with it what you will.

Comment

• .....No. There's a reason Mages can't use metal armour. They shouldn't be allowed to use metal staves either.

Comment

Working...
                                X