This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Ideas

Idea one: Pyromancy - Burn Metal: A passive skill (like steadfast or others like that) that grants the chance of heating up your target's weapon to the point where they are forced to drop it. (Note, this is stopped by grip. Don't ask how, there just needed to be a counter to it.) Effectively this is the Pyromancer version of butterfly.

Idea two: Intonation not being limited by armor. Makes sense to me as Intonation is basically just saying words of power and the ether responding as a result. Though this is just my interpretation and the extension of that is that anyone could say these words and achieve the same effect, though I don't think its not too much of a stretch to say that the ether is intelligent.
    (One possible draw back is that it would cost you 50% more mana to use intonation?)
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
      Idea one: Pyromancy - Burn Metal: A passive skill (like steadfast or others like that) that grants the chance of heating up your target's weapon to the point where they are forced to drop it. (Note, this is stopped by grip. Don't ask how, there just needed to be a counter to it.) Effectively this is the Pyromancer version of butterfly.

Idea two: Intonation not being limited by armor. Makes sense to me as Intonation is basically just saying words of power and the ether responding as a result. Though this is just my interpretation and the extension of that is that anyone could say these words and achieve the same effect, though I don't think its not too much of a stretch to say that the ether is intelligent.
      (One possible draw back is that it would cost you 50% more mana to use intonation?)
      Someone using intonation and the other skill they may have, be it earthlore, pyromancy, or tempestry, they all have defences that act as armour, now, if a mage had the ability to wear full kryllian and still use their powers, they would take almost no damage, rendering it a mismatch, each guild has it's strengths and weaknesses, mage guilds have the problem of armour, face it, we all want to blot out our weaknesses, but that would make the game unfair, and unfun.
      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• I never intended for kryllian, mithril.... whatever metal you can name to be worn. its impractical as a Pyromancer, hence the previous heating metal attack.
        I meant for leather, cheap, mildly effective leather. Course mages aren't meant to be defended that well at all.

Also, the third idea that i forgot about when i originally posted:
        Idea three: Draining being able to 'put out' flaming people.
        Last edited by Pyrok; 14 July 2010, 12:39 AM.
        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

I never intended for kryllian, mithril.... whatever metal you can name to be worn. its impractical as a Pyromancer, hence the previous heating metal attack.
          I meant for leather, cheap, mildly effective leather. Course mages aren't meant to be defended that well at all.

Also, the third idea that i forgot about when i originally posted:
          Idea three: Draining being able to 'put out' flaming people.
          I remember waaay back in the day, when mages could wield swords and the like. Good times, good times.

And yeah, let's get us some padded leather robes or some such nonsense.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• New one (probably been done, or thought of and shot down at some point in the past): Spirit deception being able to use the $name custom emotes.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I remember something a while ago about two Golgonath citizens doing some roleplay of spirits trying to convince me to turn evil using spirit emotes or something. I'm still half asleep, but ask uh... My vote is Dimetrius. But anyway, the gods came there and were like "man, we told you to stop using your spirit to emote. Srsly." I might be mistaken. Or still asleep.
              Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
              You say, "Go get it!"
              You throw a light crystal to the up.
              You have recovered balance.
              Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
              Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinia View Post
                I remember something a while ago about two Golgonath citizens doing some roleplay of spirits trying to convince me to turn evil using spirit emotes or something. I'm still half asleep, but ask uh... My vote is Dimetrius. But anyway, the gods came there and were like "man, we told you to stop using your spirit to emote. Srsly." I might be mistaken. Or still asleep.
                You are -quite- mistaken.

Vriel was using Deception to make his spirit speak, which has been banned for ages.

I, however, was in the clear.

Those are the facts. Good day.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Spirit emote, and spirit speak seem fun.
                  Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by roran View Post
                    Spirit emote, and spirit speak seem fun.
                    "Spirit emote" is a skill called Deception.

And, as Ilessa would reiterate, spirits aren't sentient beings. They're poor, wretched little discarded souls that we summon from the Underworld. If they could speak, that would be entering a whole world of odd that most people just aren't ready for, taa.

Comment

• New skill (yes yes, new skill ideas are silly. and they also bring Chyren out of hiding) for brawling:
                      Uppercut, would work somewhat like slash, in that it takes a bit to actually hit. IE, you'd duck down first, then launch up. Stuns you briefly maybe? Could get it at unsurpassable...
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

New skill (yes yes, new skill ideas are silly. and they also bring Chyren out of hiding) for brawling:
                        Uppercut, would work somewhat like slash, in that it takes a bit to actually hit. IE, you'd duck down first, then launch up. Stuns you briefly maybe? Could get it at unsurpassable...
                        http://ippo.wikia.com/wiki/Frog_Punch
                        Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                        You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                        You say, "Go get it!"
                        You throw a light crystal to the up.
                        You have recovered balance.
                        Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                        Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Didn't know it was from there.... though its introduced the dempsey roll to me. dont get me started on that. (-drool- that would be awesome to have....)
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Just to clear this up - No. And no. The pyromancy ones seemed alright. Brawling doesn't need Melee attacks with different names.

I'm not hiding, I'm on vacation. Sunny Florida.

Hi Pyrok.

Edit: I would post as ChyChy, but, since he's not in a city, he can't post to anything, not even his profile. ANNOYING.

Comment

• Ok, so I'm a little late with throwing in some ideas. I would like to have some sort of Pyromancy skill to block people. Wouldn't exactly make life simpler, but it would make challenges a little more fun. As for the Brawling skills, I think the skillset is good the way it is. I use Brawling quite a bit during fights, and I'm satisfied with the way it's set up. Adding in Melee skills with a new name would actually ruin the skillset, in my opinion.

And FYI, my spirit wasn't really talking. It was more of a direct-to-your-mind-thought-imprint kinda thing. Which, as it turns out, is seen as the same as making it talk, which is NOT allowed. Bwahaha!
                              You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                              Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                              You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vriel View Post
                                Ok, so I'm a little late with throwing in some ideas. I would like to have some sort of Pyromancy skill to block people.
                                Please. I'm begging you.

When chains can be prevented by dodging, Snake only doing half of the job by pulling them back in, and Grasp rendered completely useless by a single trigger...well, things get a little irritating.
                                Last edited by Dimetrius; 29 July 2010, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X