Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guild Patron can always give you a new key and change the locks for you if the person vanishes. Zycandos and Ilessa can do it for you too if your Patron isn't around, especially those really old ones like Aten or Bralnok. And meh... never had an issue with the Templars sealing everything cept for the Tutor and the Stable when I was there. As for the Hall of Forebears... there's an easily removable painting that I don't want to touch (And will probably get zapped or divinely poked at for trying to move it). There's a duplicate of it in the Temples, and the theft of it was one of the reasons why that last war got started. >.> Waaay too easy for an alt-novice to steal it and give it to their main character.
    Last edited by Joscelin; 24 May 2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xinia View Post
      Well, besides merchants/crafters/traders
      See above.
      Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
      You say, "Go get it!"
      You throw a light crystal to the up.
      You have recovered balance.
      Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
      Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Mourner's Blade and Claymore of Shadows have minimal stats of Kryllian weapons. No additional powers on em. Sword of Dawn is the same, but it does have a unique (although a bit random) power. The Assassin guild's dagger is actually a custom weapon designed by Kenan and donated to the guild to be passed on as a gm weapon. Pyro's/Shaman's staff... no powers. Storm Wardens do have a power with their staff. Runesmiths/Forsakens... got no weapons/items at all. The best thing I can think of to get a gm weapon for the guild is to make a custom one with a Divine... for a price.

Comment

• Ahahaha, no.

The K'Raki Dagger was bought, as in real, cash dollars, by the man who played the character Zuul. It was for the auction to get an icon on Zmud's(I believe, maybe Cmud) opening screen. It cost him near 300$ I believe, it's hard to remember now. After Zuul left, he gave the dagger to Filch, who had it for quite a while. It has passed down through GM's after Filch gave it to Chyren upon his election to Guildmaste, then to Kenan I believe, no idea who has it now. It is a Kryllian dagger for all purposes, with a speed of 195 instead of 190. A few milliseconds of a difference.

The Claymore of Shadows and Mourner's Blade, as Joscelin did identify correctly, have pretty bad stats, as you can find Mithril things with better combinations. Sword of Dawn is same, but provides in room light no matter what.

The only other weapon like these is the Veritan Blade(Same stats as GM weps), which Magnum again bought in an auction.

Technically, neither of them bought the weapon, because there are a number of things for auction prizes. Mounts, weapons, etc etc.

Edit: As I haven't been playing, I'll take 'Assassin guild's dagger' to be the K'raki. If not, my bad, but explanation there anyways
          Last edited by Chyren; 24 May 2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Yeh, what Chyren said. Since when did I go designing daggers? (Or is this anotherof those things where people think I'm a reincarnation of some ancient from round the time of the dragon wars?) The K'raaki has some extra speed, but I think other features of the blade suffer a bit if I recall rightly - so the magical 'stat boosting' gear would have to sacrifice other stats to be fair.

Comment

• Yeah, the stats offensively and defensively take a huge hit on the dagger. Normal kryllian is 38-39 offensive 21-22 defensive 190 speed.

Where the K'Raki is 30/15/200 and has the fancy stab message. So, yes the GM weapons do have names, but as Chyren said their stats float around that of mithril sometimes iron depending on the smith.

To sorta repeat what was said I think the two melee guilds Templars/Legion Gm weapons are 105/160/120.....Whereas a normal kryllian sword can get up to 108-110 easy. Plus the Claymore is just a sad version of a bastardsword......

Wardens and Pyros have their GM weapons which serve really no purpose other then looks. It would be nifty though if mages using staffs got a slight power adjustment. Maybe then making staffs crafted by a smith instead of city creating them.
              To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• In response to Aaridan's post, I agree about the warden staff thing. I thought for a while (until I had some warden novice test it out on me) that staffs boosted attack power, as until then, I had dished out a gold coin per novice so that they could snag one. Given, I don't regret doing that, as they could bash (bash-command, not bash-hunt) whatever they were hunting.

I got a bit disappointed when A- I found out that staffs didn't boost damage and B- Even the more expensive, obsidian staff didn't boost damage, especially not more than the wooden staff. I suppose it's just aesthetics, unless I'm missing something.

As for the sword of dawn, it's kind of a bleh that it provides light in a room. I get that it's the sword of DAWN, which makes that effect a good idea for it, but with the verse/chant/hymn of elucidation, you're kind of like "oh. Okay." I'm not saying you portray it as being better than the other weapons, as it most definitely isn't. It's just my two cents on that issue.

Oh, and sidenote, my longsword is 104/168/120. Not great, but better than the GM's sword. No offense, Ichi *cough*. I wouldn't prefer the path of the weapon being more powerful in stats, persay, but maybe better effects. Maybe a similar NPC (teplar-knight, warrior-murandi, etc) reacts a certain way when shown the weapon, but that could also apply to guild members as a whole (IE, a templa greets person A and gets blown off. A pyromancer, however, greets person A and gets shown to a secret blah blah blah)

I'll admit, I'm a strong advocate for code-based things, which probablymakestheadminwanttokillmewhentheyreadmypos ts BUT that's beside the point.
                Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                You say, "Go get it!"
                You throw a light crystal to the up.
                You have recovered balance.
                Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Ooh... Sorry. I didn't know that the dagger was that old. But yeah... when I meant custom, it's bought from an auction. The Staff that the Wardens have does give a unique effect. You can spy in rooms with the Cloud ability. Just like Shadows. Ahmad way back then was rather infamous for it's usage. Really annoying since you can't get rid of it without a Pyro skill. >_> Sword of Dawn has a super-random effect on destroying shadows in rooms, but that was probably a really rare bug back then... I discovered it during a raid and could never replicate the effect after several more attempts to test it. Other than that... the gm weapons are purely ornamental and symbolic.
                  Last edited by Joscelin; 25 May 2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                    Ooh... Sorry. I didn't know that the dagger was that old. But yeah... when I meant custom, it's bought from an auction. The Staff that the Wardens have does give a unique effect. You can spy in rooms with the Cloud ability.
                    Correct. Not sure about the Ahmad business, not sure I want to be.

Gabriel was the first (I believe) Guildmaster of the Wardens to be able to use the ability, as him and Jaide were uh...we'll just say real close with Aten. Moving on. You can use the staff to look through your cloud into the room your cloud is in.

Comment

• We forget about the ethereal whip... that i didn't have to pay for.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• That's because you bugged a Goddess until She made you a whip that didn't reset.

Also, whips suck.

Comment

• No, i didn't bug Sekea, i just asked why do we have lash in weapons if the only whip in the game resets? And that whip wasn't anything great, but still, it was awesome
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• The dawn sword does seem kind of pointless to me, seeing as templars have hymns that light up rooms. Though not sure about if the shadow part still works, that would be helpful.
                            I would really like to make a hammer for the runesmiths, instead of 2 rune engravings just do 3. That could make for a really good weapon for the runesmiths. Maybe not the best defensive weapon, but it could make for a pretty great all around weapon. Given the stats probably wouldn't be changed, just some of the 'effects' the runes could give.
                            Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                            A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                              The dawn sword does seem kind of pointless to me, seeing as templars have hymns that light up rooms. Though not sure about if the shadow part still works, that would be helpful.
                              I would really like to make a hammer for the runesmiths, instead of 2 rune engravings just do 3. That could make for a really good weapon for the runesmiths. Maybe not the best defensive weapon, but it could make for a pretty great all around weapon. Given the stats probably wouldn't be changed, just some of the 'effects' the runes could give.
                              The ability to engrave three runes would clearly be a clear cut advantage compared to the rest of the weapons a runesmith can have which as you can see from all the previous posts that the Gm weapons typically are just for looks.
                              To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• You can only carry one chant and one hymn at a time. The Sword of Dawn is basically a free light source where you don't have to waste a torch or take up a chant space. When I bashed with the sword, I used a chant of longevity to make my armor immune to damage so I wouldn't have do any repairs. It was like having two chants and one hymn at the same time. Mourner's blade woulda made a cool counterpart if it came with it's own special curse that proc'd blindness more often. Oh.. and change it's name too. >_> I miss the old name, which was Executioner's blade.
                                Last edited by Joscelin; 26 May 2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X