Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The internal map idea would be very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
      Three of long, sharp material versus about 9 inches or less from a dagger, and with a battle axe, there's no real spike and the tips of the blades are more rounded than anything, so if you could actually impale someone with that, that alone would kill them in all reality. Sure, you can jab and stab, but I'm not sure about impaling, ( i.e. through the body and into the ground as well).

Plus, with the damage bonus on axes, being able to impale, then rip and twist with them makes them very strong. And something doesn't really even have to a be shart to impale, with enough force behind it. You can take a steel rod of about four feet and put it through someone all the way with enough force behind it.

So, first off yeah in all reality it would. Second, if you wanted to impale someone with a battle axe I'm sure you could if you really tried. Plus who said it goes INTO the ground? I don't recall it, I just remember impaling people. Last, I'm not really sure that the rip and twist changes based off of weapons because I know when you hack someone it instantly takes half health. On a different note, it would be twist then rip...
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
        So, first off yeah in all reality it would. Second, if you wanted to impale someone with a battle axe I'm sure you could if you really tried. Plus who said it goes INTO the ground? I don't recall it, I just remember impaling people. Last, I'm not really sure that the rip and twist changes based off of weapons because I know when you hack someone it instantly takes half health. On a different note, it would be twist then rip...
        Well, it does say you're 'pinning' them to the ground. And if they're pinned to the ground, I would assume the blade has already passed -through- their body. And...into the ground.

Yeah.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Well, I mean, in wrestling if you're pinned to the ground, the guy's fist isn't impaling you though your stomach, hopefully. It just means the weight of the weapon+force behind it is stronger than the force you can muster up to get free.
          Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
          You say, "Go get it!"
          You throw a light crystal to the up.
          You have recovered balance.
          Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
          Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
            It was a really long and pointy battleaxe. https://www.fantasyblacksmith.com/im...20Darkness.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
              It was a really long and pointy battleaxe. https://www.fantasyblacksmith.com/im...20Darkness.jpg
              ...sexy o_o;

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post

Looks like a sword with a battleaxe on the end. AWESOME! I WANT!
                Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• That's exactly what it is. Lol... It's a battleswordaxe.

Comment

• I've got some new ones.

Guild 'Security'

Premise: Obviously each guild has rules on who is and is not allowed in their halls. Naturally there isn't anything really stopping anyone just strolling in any more than killing someone's mount (there's nothing stopping you from doing it, just repercussions afterwards)
                    So why not have the guilds develop some class specific security?

Examples:
                    Assassins - A hidden entrance once more with a visual cue in the room description as to where the doors are, and when the entrance is found by a non-member, toxic traps await. (Members would obviously know where these traps are)

Forsakens - Powerful migraines should you attempt to enter, and repeated attempts will render intruders immobile.

Pyromancers - Trespassers would burst into flame should they try to break in, members wouldn't be affected

The security styles are a bit obvious per guild, though melee users would likely just have guild guards of some form or another.
                    Now there is some potential to use guild security against opponents in a raid, which I don't have an answer to.

Secondly.
                    Can lock picks work on chests and wardrobes, please?
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Yes. Harry Potter entrances is WIN.

Also, lockpicks on chests and wardrobes, +1.

Comment

• Picking the lock on chests and wardrobes is purely for those who lose their keys.... really!
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Guild security... fancy stuff are too time consuming to code. I'd rather they work on building the realms and rebalancing the guilds for now. Simple solution to guild security is to set guards to attack/enemy individuals who kill mounts, Ysallyra(for example) already has guards set to murder and auto-enemy whoever chops down a tree within the city. The rest is a simple lock n' key with azure crystals for rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax
                            I really like the ideas for guild security, though even if you throw someone out of a guild, and they enter and try to learn from the guild tutors, you can't.
                            Once you're out of the guild, you can only learn the guild skills from players.

And riddles would always be interesting.

Comment

• Well, besides merchants/crafters/traders
                              Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                              You say, "Go get it!"
                              You throw a light crystal to the up.
                              You have recovered balance.
                              Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                              Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

• Azure crystals and locked doors are great. But if the person holding the key vanishes, well that's no help at all. And the guildmaster changing the locks? well, what if they vanish too? (naturally you'd re-appoint someone else, but that's just silly if you're doing it just to get access to the whole guild)

I rather like the riddle idea, and that kind of thing already exists (re: Albert's Cave Joscelin...)
                                As to what happens to those who are expelled out of the guild, obviously they're not going to have any real reason to be in the guild, so why even bring that up. Rogue guild members already have a code of conduct they are to abide by so... worrying about them is a moot point.
                                And some times, certain guildmasters get over zealous with the whole security bit, locking off parts of the guild that are 'heritage' areas, and add atmosphere, or lock off places that... really... just don't have any real reason to be locked off. Seems it could get to the point where a guild master could lock off EVERYTHING except the guild tutor.
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X