This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
    Go me for yanking an idea from last month, to which i have a feasible response after some looking into such things for personal use.... (will not discuss that further)
    There's a general rule about room descriptions that I've noticed, most of them have things that will ALWAYS be there, there. (ie static objects) NPCs and the like will never be mentioned, neither will your possible point of entry as its all relative (there are some nifty coding exemptions to this but that's not the point)
    My point for the lack of ship room descriptions is this, how would one go about describing something that would move? You see over beyond the railings of a ship, so the scenery would constantly change, which is i've learned a nuisance to write. Inner areas like the cabin or the lower decks would probably be more feasible, but only if there were no windows.
    Till that issue is ingeniously resolved, I guess you'd just have to use your imagination.
    Note: this was researched on a whim, not for any ulterior reason. really.
    If other muds with exactly the same ship/ocean system can make ships have descriptions n' doors. Then so can we! I don't know if it's hard or impossible to do so until I hear it straight from a coder who is workin' on Akanbar.

Comment

• Change the skill Devotion to work if you're not in a God's Order, thus making Devotion Full only work if you're in their Order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silas View Post
        Change the skill Devotion to work if you're not in a God's Order, thus making Devotion Full only work if you're in their Order.
        I agree, it would be nice to show devotion to your chosen deity, especially if that's part of your roleplay. A pious, devout character... if not in a divine order, has sacrificing and roleplay, among several other things to achieve that. What I'm saying is, whatever... it's early here, or late (however you look at it). I agree with Silas, in that you should be able to show your devoutness in a chosen god or goddess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silas View Post
          Change the skill Devotion to work if you're not in a God's Order, thus making Devotion Full only work if you're in their Order.
          I"d very much like that too...

Comment

• There -is- a colony of bees. Perhaps you could pilfer their wax? just a thought.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• I'm all for the seal idea. It's the tiny things that make the place more fun.
              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                I'm all for the seal idea. It's the tiny things that make the place more fun.
                I don't have anything against adding tiny things, but aren't plot and game developement what really make a game fun?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bult View Post
                  I don't have anything against adding tiny things, but aren't plot and game developement what really make a game fun?
                  Was the discussion about plots or game development? No.

Hence me not commenting on either of those things. I appreciate the little details a lot more, all I'm saying.
                  Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Give cooks the ability to brew tea using herbs gathered in apothecary! The tea would have different minor, non-overpowered effects like brewing felwort, a common cure for lethargy, to alleviate sleepiness.

Also my reason for drinking tea to help alleviate sleepiness as not game-breaking or overpowered is that it shall be balanced by the price of purchasing tea from cooks/apothecarists. It'll also benefit the market and give new synergy for players who choose to become cooks/apothecarists.

I mean seriously... if you can brew tequila and many exotic alcoholic beverages, why not some simple tea?

Also if there are players who disagree with this idea and plan to present the argument that it would hurt guilds that have sleep-alleviating skills. Think of it this way... you guys get to alleviate sleep for free. The rest of us have to pay money for tea. It's no different than the already existing mechanic of torches and guilds who have abilities to use light crystal, create light hymns, and nocturnal vision.

Ooo! And another awesome idea to go along with tea is... tea that is unique to one's city! Such as Dragon Tears + Tea Brewing = Dragon's Tea for Elysium, Blood + Tea Brewing = Blood Tea for Golgonath, and Different Assortment of Toxins + Tea Brewing = Special variety of Non-lethal tea made with toxins for Ysallyra!
                    Last edited by Joscelin; 15 October 2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                      Tea Brewing = Special variety of Non-lethal tea made with toxins for Ysallyra!
                      Okaaaay... make us immune to toxins? Mabye? heh
                      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

• Originally posted by roran View Post
                        Okaaaay... make us immune to toxins? Mabye? heh
                        I specifically stated, "different minor, non-overpowered effects like brewing felwort, a common cure for lethargy, to alleviate sleepiness. " :/ It definitely can't be anything that gives someone an edge in combat at all. At most as I can see.... it'll be other minor effects like slightly alleviating hunger by 5 nourishment value.

Comment

• I actually like that tea idea, would be fun.

Comment

• I just want it to work with felwort to give me my caffeine fix.

Comment

• I'm an avid tea drinker! Often times I drink non-caffeinated ones during late at night. So not all are caffeinated.

Comment

• I don't know if someone has already said this, or has already idea'd it. I don't recall seeing this, but there's a lot of thread/forum to read.

A think command.
                                EG: think What am I doing listening to this bafoon talk and talk and talk. He's so boring.

You think to yourself: "What am I doing.... boring."

Where one could literally think to ones-self. Some people wouldn't use this. (not meant to be an insult, but hey... if the shoe fits ;D) But half of Derris' RP is mental. He's a solo-type person by nature, and thinking is 90% of his life. Sure, I could RP:

'em tilts his head, as he thinks to himself... etc etc etc' but someone with shadows could watch and know what I was thinking. Not really in line with what thinking actually is.

Pros: Would help characters develop more, is a different way of RP'ing, only admins would be able to see it. Since admins would be able to see it, they could use it for plot advances/making places in plots for certain people to excel in.

Cons: Might not get used (I dunno), might be abused by players (don't ask me how, people find ways.), and lastly... since admins could see it: what if I am a Golgonian, having thoughts of picking flowers and leaving the city and stealing tons of things on my way out. (Dimetrius: don't say that's what I did... I never stole anything from Golgonath... while I was Golgonian. :P) Xyrath wouldn't like that... would he? This might turn people away from using it.

Just a thought. -shrug- I'd personally use it all the freaking time... night, day, dawn, dusk.

Edit Reason: Didn't mean for the abused comment and the admin comment in the Cons to seem like I was saying the admins would abuse it. :P Meant, players might abuse it's intended use and admins could know what you were thinking, which might turn people away from using it.
                                Last edited by derris; 3 December 2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X