This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
    I'm an avid tea drinker! Often times I drink non-caffeinated ones during late at night. So not all are caffeinated.
    The caffeine wouldn't be a bad addition if you think about it, the thing I hear more complaining about than anything is sleeping perhaps a little pick me up during bashes? We can have a sip of tea as we smash the skulls of dwarves.
    Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
    A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

• Bring back smelling salt.

Comment

• I was thinking to myself today as I looked over my pool of 250 knowledge crystals that I've had now for about 4-5 rl months. I think for us older players who do max our skills/health out should be given a little more to explore/learn with. What if we could trade in these 250 knowledge crystals to earn a few extra skills that reward those that have reached this? A skill trainer could be placed in perhaps even the new village that allowed players who have reached this achievement to go and trade in crystals for a new skillset.

This skillset could perhaps be called Professional.....the following skills could follow with it.
        Could only get train it to say learned....and each level would have a new skill in it for a total of 7 elder skills. You would turn your 250 crystals in just to get the skillset then you would have to train it up from Novice. If you ever lose your unsurpassables you have a year to gain them back or you lose your Professional skillset.

1. Novice- Nightvision-(ability to see in the dark.)
        2. Ignorant- Light Pipes( ability to light your pipes without kindling/tinderbox)
        3. Naive- Bigger scrips (Hold more herbs in your scrips)
        4. Capable- Eavesdropping (Able to overhear conversations while standing in a nearby room)
        5. Mediocre- Endurance (Ability to travel slightly longer than the average person)
        6. Proficient- Bigger Runebag (Ability to hold more runes in your bag by casting a spell upon it with the skill)
        7. Learned- Track (Heaven rune, but without the rune)

Thoughts?
        To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Could work! I don't see how it could give a huge unfair advantage over everybody, but can still be rewarding for those who have done it all.

Better than that one I idea I had where you put 250 knowledge crystals into a single skill of your choice to get Transcendant out of it. Or convert 250 knowledge crystals into 125 power crystals (Which is like... X amt of knowledge crystals divided by 2 = converted X amt of power crystals). Maybe it could even be incorporated to the skillset mentioned above.
          Last edited by Joscelin; 24 January 2011, 08:24 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
            Could work! I don't see how it could give a huge unfair advantage over everybody, but can still be rewarding for those who have done it all.

Better than that one I idea I had where you put 250 knowledge crystals into a single skill of your choice to get Transcendant out of it. Or convert 250 knowledge crystals into 125 power crystals (Which is like... X amt of knowledge crystals divided by 2 = converted X amt of power crystals). Maybe it could even be incorporated to the skillset mentioned above.
            The power crystals would be a little overpowering since you can transfer them to other players.

Comment

• Well, that's the whole intention of being able to transfer power crystals to players, or use it for yourself to build houses and ships. Tis to create a new market that doesn't just run on gold currency or comms.

Comment

• Locksmiths.

One in each city, or perhaps one located in a village for public use.

Items such as chests and wardrobes could be delivered to the NPC,
                who you would then ASK [npc] PICK [item]. After a certain length
                of time [and a fee, I would imagine], the object would then be open.

Another possibility would be to then allow the player to ASK [npc]
                REWORK [item], changing the lock to the player's personal
                permissions [much like the LOCKCHANGE command].

Restrictions to prevent abuse [and whining]:
                - Using an NPC in place of a skill requires players to transport the objects
                to a certain point. While this doesn't do much as far as chests, wardrobes
                are far, far more difficult to move, preventing it from being done in
                situations such as a city-robbing spree.

- Placing an azure crystal within the object would prevent the lock from
                being picked, as in the case of leaving crystals behind locked doors.

Perhaps locksmiths could also be used to distribute keys and lockpicks,
                taking away the slight oddity of having to skip off to the blacksmith's
                for these items.
                Last edited by Dimetrius; 31 January 2011, 07:31 PM.
                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                  Locksmiths.

for these items.
                  Or we could put an entirely different twist on this and make them a new profession for the Merchant/Crafter/Trader class? Jewelsmith/locksmith anybody?

Comment

• I'd really like to see it incorporated into a skillset, but that
                    just gives it more potential for abuse, which would see it
                    nerfed to be almost completely useless.

I'm still a supporter of jewelsmiths, however. Hum ho.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Yeah... those locked chests, wardrobes, and stuff are an annoyingly waste of space. :/ Especially if they're just lying around in a house you've inherited from a retired character. If I had to take the trouble to drive a bloody wardrobe in a cart to some distant village to get it unlocked. I would. >_>

Comment

• I already talked about this with dime, but, to the rest of you:
                        Skillset: no. mainly, it isn't an elaborate enough idea to get its own trade, and isn't similar enough to be thrown into jewelsmithing
                        Village: yes. grebnarsh. it is hands down, the most useless village. it has... one small quest? and it has a terrible economy. we'd actually have a reason to be nice to those goblins. albeit, a small reason. also, if the gold from locksmithing went into their economy, they'd only be broke, most of the time.
                        Just a few thoughts.
                        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Grebnarsh, can't argue there.

Should there be some interest on behalf of the big guys upstairs,
                          I've taken the liberty of writing up a tentative description for the
                          locksmith himself, as well a few other aesthetic bits. Just ask!

And hrm, other ideas...

I'd like to design a bigger mount selection, but that just seems like
                          one of those fantastical dreams/things I could hope for when I
                          mysteriously have money to spend on power crystals >.>

Comment

• I had an idea when talking with Arduros today. It ties in his roleplay, a new concept, and an already stated concept. That would be, gardens. Not like player-owned home gardens, or the gardens in front of the Merchant's guild hall. Would simply be a 4 room garden (well the idea I jotted down has 2 rooms for the actual gardens and one location for the entrance, and one more location for the Office of the Groundskeeper) some where in the cities. I know Elysium has Mestonia, and Golgonath has that random underground garden (been so long since I traipsed in those streets, so I can't really recall), and Ysallyra is already like a big garden, being a forest city and all. (for some reason, my mind went to the hanging gardens of Babylon when I started thinking of this idea)

By gardens, I'm not talking about gardens where you grow produce or the like, more like... gardens of lush/exotic plants/foliage for citizens to peruse and enjoy aesthetically.

but here's the thing, the idea I was tying into it was the tea idea. I've written descriptions (still tweaking them a bit) for the Elysium idea-set, and they include rose-bushes and exotic foliage, aka tea plants. One could use them like the tailors use their berry bushes. Pick the leaves from them and have cooks make them into tea. (Yes, rose tea is real. Already been asked that. >.>)

why do we need the Gardens? Well, technically we don't -need- them. Just like we don't -need- the tea idea, or many ideas that come up. But to see new things is what brings people around and talking. Cooks having a new thing to do, people able to drink tea (with or without certain effects), seeing new gardens would bring something new to the cities. I haven't written descriptions for the Golgonian or Ysallyran versions, mainly because I'm still tweaking the descriptions for the Elysian ones and the description for the groundskeeper NPC. that, and I'm not all that familiar with Golgonian architecture.

This is a newly formed idea for me, so any questions/comments/criticism(please don't be mean/rude) is very much appreciated. (I'm probably going to edit this a time or two, so bare with me)

Comment

• Originally posted by derris View Post
                              I haven't written descriptions for the Golgonian or Ysallyran versions, mainly because I'm still tweaking the descriptions for the Elysian ones and the description for the groundskeeper NPC. that, and I'm not all that familiar with Golgonian architecture.
                              Golgonian architecture is simple, just take a look at our Pantheon's shrines.
                              In short, if it would make Ichiban turn his nose up, it's perfection!

And I really -do- like this idea, I'd very much support seeing it expanded
                              upon. And if you need someone more familiar with Golgonian aesthetics...
                              Hum ho!

Comment

• Locksmiths

Originally Posted by Dimetrius
                                Locksmiths.

for these items.
                                I'd personally like to see this as a feature shop within cities. Would require the person requesting the locksmith to be listed as a tenant or owner of the property.

Naturally, city officials would have the ability to locksmith locks on properties not registered or have been repossesed. Otherwise, if the property is currently being inhabited, owned, etc only those with permissions could change, add or remove locks.

A useful feature would be to allow keys to be copyied, and give an I.D. for who the key was made for. This would allow Master Keys, registered to the owner, and sub-keys which can be copied and given to tenants. Sub-keys would still be under the ownership of property Owners, allowing them to be discontinued from use through the shop.

In addition, to make Lockpicking a bit more worth while and challenging, a feature could be added to this shop to allow locks to be upgraded/strengthened to a certain level. This would require a payment of gold dependant on the current level of the lock, and would work to slightly reduce the chance of a sucessful picking while working to slightly increase the amount of time/attempts it takes to pick the lock in correlation to the current lock level/strength.

Just my ideas for the topic.
                                The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                                --------------------------------
                                Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Working...
                                X