This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea:

This idea is not thought out well enough to describe the quest. However, it could be the start of a magnificent quest or an idea that starts something else.

Basically, we have group quests... were strength in numbers is obviously needed. Mordikhan, Hydra... Giant... things like that. However, we don't have a group quest that actually 'requires' more than one person. I mean this in the sense that Any one person can get in to Mordikhan, Hydra, giant... obviously there isn't a high chance of success, lol.

What I'd like to see is a quest that actually requires 3 or more people. Like the Crocodile! This quest is awesome in my opinion. Sure, it isn't that difficult to kill the Crocodile once you have three people, but you don't get anything from doing it without having a group, aside from experience.

The idea is relative to a bowl. X amount of blood must be spilled into the bowl in order for the next phase of a quest to begin. Now, X could be defined as Health Points and one slit of the wrist spills half of your blood. So a maximum of 2000 blood from any 1 mortal with 1 slit. However, I could easily spill 4000 blood by slitting my wrist then sipping health, then slitting my wrist again. So any 1 person could spill as much life as their maximum health is. So. I'd require at least 12000 pints of blood to be spilled. This means that 3 level 100's would be required to even gain access to the next phase of the quest. By the way, there would need to be a time limit of like 3 seconds. This way one person couldn't constantly slit wrist;sip;slit wrist until he/she got the 12000 pints. With 12000 pints, it'd take 6 level 50's in order to gain entrance. I'd personally like to see it where it was 15000 or more requiring more than 3 level 100's.

Now, i know the above idea sounds gruesome, there are of course other alternatives that could be implemented rather than filling a bowl of blood... My point with this, I think there needs to be more... group quests. Something where the quest isn't just based off of difficulty, but the number of participants as well.

Comment

• There are a number of quests that require groups, the latest of which is all but one quest in Draphe.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
        Some sort of aerial form of transportation would be interesting. A Zeppelin. This could also have the addition of Aerial Warfare. Although such an idea is not needed now, it could be interesting in the future. An island that has no harbor and can only be accessible by said Zeppelin.
        Please keep in mind that Akanbar is a medieval setting with fantasy aspects. Certainly, we have dragons, but Zeppelins or any other form of mechanical aerial warfare does not fit in the theme of the mud by any means. From doing a quick search on the internet, the first aerial warfare aside from projectiles, was in the 18th century, which is exceedingly far from the target.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I put this idea up here knowing that I will be flamed...

-puts on flame retardant jacket-

I wish there was a way for you to 'know' whether a village trade caravan has been sent out or not. Maybe something along the lines of being able to see/watch the caravan be loaded up when you walk into the comm center or something like a modern day mailbox where a Village banner can be seen at the center of the city indicating that the Caravan is still within the city. I don't know... I find it incredibly annoying that I have seen my own caravans but not one of Golgonath's. I do know that this is just coincidence or poor timing... I don't know. Just feel like allowing us to 'know' so we didn't have to waste the time coming back and waiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
            Also, Y U PIGEON HOLE GOLGONATH WITH DEMONIC PETS?! what if i wanted a bunny? or a panther?
            I want a bunny too... them things would be nice to have and seek on people.
            Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
            2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
            Words to Live By:
            "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
            "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• ...I want a pet. I have the description and everything all typed up, saving it for the day when somehow, someday, I'll get one!
              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                ...I want a pet. I have the description and everything all typed up, saving it for the day when somehow, someday, I'll get one!
                Eh, be careful what you wish for. You will get it! Then next thing you know it's all grown up and burning down a village.
                Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                  Eh, be careful what you wish for. You will get it! Then next thing you know it's all grown up and burning down a village.
                  You say this like I would be displeased :b

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Changing the 3.5% heal from not being true undead to something less crippling.

Edit #1:

I was told that it was meant to be more beneficial to the player, but a risk of not being able to enjoy a full undead heal. This is the following test I was able to perform while sipping 28 times

Level 99-Legion w/death's servant

26 times I healed for regular undead
                    2 times I healed not true undead

total health gained- 18,242

Level 99-Legion- Human

28 times regular heal

total health gained- 18,648

Still have to factor in during a fight or challenge that even at 10% heal...the Legion or not true undead would still only be healing at or around 400 health instead of the full amount which could alter a fight or not depending on how many times it fires....which strangely seems to happen back to back a ton.....

On a much larger scale......out of 100 sips! (Which is what is about used in a challenge if not more.)

95 regular undead sips
                    5 not true undead sips

Total health gained- 66,335

100 regular health sips

total health gained- 66,600

I can argue that out of 100 sips...it'd easily fire more than 5 times, 2/26=7.6% since lately the amount I heal as a not true undead is about 7-10% by those numbers I'd have the following:

at 7% firing rate

93 regular undead sips
                    7 not true undead sips

Total health gained- 65,229

If the not real undead caused from death's servant healed at 10% instead of 3.5% then the numbers would look like this.....

26 times healed for regular undead
                    2 times healed not true undead

total health gained-18,758

Run the 100 sips test and get the following at the adjusted 10% heal....

95 regular undead sips
                    5 not true undead sips

Total health gained- 67,625

93 regular undead sips
                    7 not true undead sips

Total health gained- 67,035

To sum up my idea.....and/or petition as many will state it to be:

If the change went from 3.5% heal to a 10% heal. The not true undead would heal sometimes at a lesser amount than a regular health heal.But instead of 138 every 6-7 seconds...it would be 396....granted this is at level 99 and based on the 10% heal.

out of 100 sips(level 99):

65,229- Legion(death's servant) with 7 sips being not true undead at the current 3.5%
                    66,335- Legion(death's servant) with 5 sips being not true undead at the current 3.5%
                    66,600- Regular Human
                    67,035- Legion(death's servant) with 7 sips being not true undead at a ratio of 10%.
                    67,625- Legion(death's servant) with 5 sips being not true undead at a ratio of 10%.
                    69,100- Full undead heal.

Putting it in perspective....

7(3.5%) sips not true undead Legion's heal for 966 whereas a human would heal for 4,662. For a difference of 3,696 or 5.55 health sips difference.

7 sips regular undead would be 4,837 vs the 4,662 for a difference of 175 or 0.26 health sips difference.

If the 7 sips healed at the 10% the numbers would be 2,772 vs 4,662 for a difference of 1,890 or 2.84 health sips.

I understand that it does not fire like this as in seven times in a row, but like my example shows...it is usually 2/3 times every 28/30 sips and sometimes back to back. The risk involved is understood on this end....but the risk is hardly worth the rewards as it currently is coded. 10% would still provide that risk factor in a fight, raid, bash....while not being completely overpowered. Out of 100 sips.......if the Legion using death's servant heals less than what a full undead does more than 4 times, then the risk involved is no risk at all....

Edit #2:

Did three tests to make sure what I was saying was right on how many times it'd fire per 100 sips.....

TEST 1 (Standing and sipping blood.)

5-not true undead heals
                    95-Regular undead heal

There was a span of 5 heals that I healed 2/5 heals not true undead.....

TEST 2 (Allowing an NPC to attack me without attacking back.)

4-not true undead heals
                    96- Regular undead heal

Two times in a row sipped not true undead and of the 4 not true undead heals they both came out of a every 2/3 heals.

TEST 3 (Attacking an NPC.)

7- Not true undead heals
                    93- Regular undead heal

This one seems to be the most consistent in what I am seeing lately....there was a time frame that I healed for not true undead 4 out of 7 heals. This event would be especially crippling in a challenge or fight because out of 7 heals...I'd only heal for 2625 vs a human healing at 4662 which would be a difference of 7 regular human heals or another way to look at it would be almost 45 seconds real time. The 10%....if changed would put it at 3657-4662 difference or a 1.5 human heal difference. Again, this seems to be happening a lot....a lot of 2/3 times and even sometimes it has fired 3/3 times healing.

It seems like when a Legion uses death's servant.....and does not heal to what a true undead user would it has a habit to chaining together or firing back to back. Either I am the unluckiest person ever....or that 2% chance of it firing is not accurate.

Thank you,
                    David(Brian)
                    Last edited by David; 22 March 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Something I thought of shortly after seeing the post scolding us all for sleeping while in the bulletin board.
                      Why not eliminate the board as it is entirely, and replace it with a physical in game board? Not sure how easy or difficult that would be but it'd cut the problem off quite easily.
                      A further extension to that idea? You need parchment to post on the board.
                      Like you can write out your post before hand on the parchment, then go to the board an post it.

Sudden realization: I just solved two annoying minor things in Akanbar: Board Idlers and post typos.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• We don't mind when people use going into the Bulletin Board for five/ten minutes, but lately, we've logged on to find people in the board for five/ten hours.

Comment

• Well, admittedly the idea does ruin it for those who are in there to quickly go eat/bathroom break/on the phone/unexpected visit from boss, but the idea was brought upon by those who are in there for insane amounts of time.
                          Guess it's one of those 'The bad apples ruined it for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things' ideas.
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I personally like the idea of getting rid of BB completely. Like Pyrok said, make it an in-game board similar to the boards now found within the guild halls. I mean, lets think of what 5-10 minutes of BB really accomplishes... saves a heaven rune? That is it really.... all the other defenses are just things you have to redo like steadfastness, speedlearn, Resistance, rejuvenation.... Most of those don't take balance or focus... Sure, each guild has their own things, Shamans have to summon an Earthstone each time they log in, which would be annoying.

However, people want to come to Akanbar and see people, not a who list with 4-5 people in BB. I truly don't care either way. If it exists, i will use it, if it doesn't I will adapt. Just wanted to add my thoughts to Pyrok's post.

Comment

• To speak for all Golgonath citizens....re-deffing would be a pain in the neck. Especially looking at Pyromancers in general. Agreed, and like the post regarding people in the BB for more than a few hours.

I do like the BB for people such as leaders/gm's of cities to go into though. It shows those novices that come into the world, that their leaders are active somewhat. Also gives them a chance to message said leader if they really needed them. Some of us, mainly myself are finding it harder to log on lately due to my ooc job being more demanding during the summer and find myself using the BB more often as of late.

Comment

• I know this has been shot down/passed over before, but I'd really like to get a definite ABSOLUTELY NOT or HMM, MAYBE IF WE...

Knowledge crystals are utterly useless to some of us, as we've accrued our maximum 250 just to sigh wistfully every time we check up on them out of habit. It's been proposed that it might be nifty to be able to transfer them into power crystals, or even gold. But I've got an even better spin on it! Sort of!

What if we could change them to power crystals at a set ratio (10 knowledge to 1 power, maybe even 25 to 1?), BUT instead of adding them to our own stash, have them automagically whisked away to a grand city 'account'? Sure, it sounds less exciting than having shiny power crystals to give out to your friends, but here is my thought:

Back in "the day", Senji used to host small contests. The prizes, of course, were power crystals that he had purchased himself. This is all fine and dandy, but some of us simply can't fit the spending into our budget. But! Having power crystals in possession of the city itself would allow the council to sponsor these fun little things with a tangible reward for participants. I would be fine with getting rid of my useless crystals in exchange for funding fun within my city, personally.

Yes, it's strange. Yes, you probably anticipated that by looking over the poster before hitting the textwall.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X