No announcement yet.

Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have developed a... peeve about a particular word. It doesn't cause me to fly off the handle, but it does make my monocle pop off when i hear/read it.

Dimetrius, I think you're a wonderful person. Truely. But for Christmas I was tempted to send you a thesaurus. There has to be more variations on 'nonsensical'.
    Just saying.
    (Also, you have ruined the word for me -_-)
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
      I have developed a... peeve about a particular word. It doesn't cause me to fly off the handle, but it does make my monocle pop off when i hear/read it.

Dimetrius, I think you're a wonderful person. Truely. But for Christmas I was tempted to send you a thesaurus. There has to be more variations on 'nonsensical'.
      Just saying.
      (Also, you have ruined the word for me -_-)
      I can't help it, it's my favorite :/
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Any type of marching through icewalls.....whether it be armies or guard/warden npcs....just erks me.

Comment

• I think there is an obvious reason for this. For instance, Mordikhan. It would be ridiculously easy to take Mordikhan on if you could ice-wall, jump in, and jump back out. There is an obvious solution to this, allow Mordikhan to burn through said Ice wall. Though, that would defeat your intended complaint but might be a solid compromise.

Just adding my take on your post.

Comment

• If some NPC's can already perform certain things (nullify shields, block certain magics) I don't think this would be too far off. Sounds like a coding nightmare though.
            A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

• The Mordi reference was just terrible anyways.....as Mordi has the ability to fly. Guard NPCS do not......

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
                The Mordi reference was just terrible anyways.....as Mordi has the ability to fly. Guard NPCS do not......
                He's in a cave....

Comment

• Try running from him.....I dare you.

Comment

• You can get away, it's just annoying to do.

Comment

• Complaint: It annoys me how this land, nay, the people of this land pretend to be something they are not. I am not perfect, I know I make my own justifications for the things I want. Hell Ashrabia came SOOOOoooOOOO close to stealing Eythil's life work. Simply by chance, i walked into a room that contained at least 1000 gold worth of goods. Precious goods that would set my new life up perfectly. Oddly enough, Malic spoke some words the resonated within me, and I then took myself (Ashrabia) out of the situation. I asked myself, If i had nothing to gain, what would the 'right' thing to do. Subsequently, I handed all of these items back to Golgonath. My character struggled, I struggled.

Sure, some of you would argue that this wasn't roleplay, just greed... isn't that the point though? I don't know, I am not here complaining about what role-play is, We all do this differently and obviously have our own take on it.

What bothers me is how role-playing is set aside so that certain exceptions can be made. I mean, maybe it is just me but I don't feel that Golgonath should be trading or potentially Allied with Khazir. now, i know, first thing will be "what is wrong with competition, you guys can't hack it?" give me a break. Whatever to that. I am looking at history. Golgonath Burnt Khazir to the ground? Does this not mean anything? Now, that whole series of events was roleplayed, and it only means something if Golgonath makes it MEAN something. If it does mean something, then it doesn't make sense at all. Oh yeah, to those that would say "but it has been like 30+ years... " Do you think they'd forget? lol

Being apart of that event myself, I am a bit disappointed. I imagine that Rhyndar might be a bit disappointed considering the effort that he took putting it together and for it to mean nothing... to anyone? Sure, I know there are problems with this logic, why would arkad ally with Ashrabia now that he is in Elysium and was a Master of Golgonath with this event happened. I think a rational being could undeerstand that there is a difference, but whatever.

It also doesn't make sense role-playing wise to allow Kaelyn or any other citizen to sit by for a dwarve killing ride just so she can give a gold ore to Tuireann, get some runes... same goes for Miri and who ever else does it. I just think it is funny.

Now I know what is going to happen, David will come to the defense and justify his actions, Golgonaths actions, Miri and Kaelyn and attempt to place blame on elysium accusing us of doing the same thing. To that, I can't think of anything on the top of my head but I won't doubt that in some way, shape, or form it exists.

Whatever, I just find it annoying. I can't do anything about it, I will just deal with it.

Comment

• I will post my reply to your post, but merely because you said that you expected me to.

I do agree with some stuff that you're saying, but Golgonath failed that day and many other forms of roleplay can happen. You mentioned that you were apart of it, but yet you reside in Elysium, David who defended that day is now within Golgonath and has always had good ties with Arkad. David could use his standing with Khazir to help them realize that Golgonath now has different goals then to burn their village now. Time heals all wounds, and surely you understand that? It has been 30+ years since Golgonath attempted to burn down Golgonath, but through new leaders their viewpoint and Khazir's viewpoint has changed. Time has allowed you to hand in heretics back to Arkad just as Golgonath is allowed to trade/ally with them.

The whole Golgonath/Khazir thing has just been well over played and has been far too many years to bring up at this time. Perhaps in the future, when a similar case arises that the city affecting another village....said city should be removed from Politics for the course of many moons and even if Golgonath, Elysium or Ysallyra wanted to send some of their guards to the village to protect them then I think that would also open a new dynamic. I also think that if a village is occupied, that the occupying city should be able to send guards to protect it just like a tower almost. Another issue that I have is once a city loses it's occupation on a village, perhaps for some time they are not allowed to trade at their trading center as well?

COMPLAINT:

I will use one example though just because you said you just cannot think of any off the top of your head......

Golgonath/Manazyri are starting a dragonhead.....an Elysian Templar goes and slays Arkad stopping it.
                        (instead of using names, I will keep said Templar's name disclosed.)

I find a lot annoying about how Elysium is acting (see above example), but that is your city.....so I figured you will worry about your issues and perhaps let Golgonath worry over theirs? I appreciate that you are so keen on keeping so up to date with how Golgonath acts though, perhaps come view a bashing trip and see what Miri or Kaelyn does during it instead of what you think you know. I believe that is the reply you were awaiting.
                        Last edited by David; 1 March 2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Aye. I do recall the Templar incident. That is an unfortunate event and Elysium, are at least Ashrabia has spoken to the Templar responsible for it. As far are your ideas concerning guards and the trading post relative to occupation and the cessation of it, I think that would be interesting.

As far as Kaelyn and Miri, you are right, I don't exactly know what they are doing. All i know is that there are certain members within Golgonath that purposefully positioned so they do not get enemied for the stated purpose above.

Again, I understand the points, 30+ years, new leaders... there are obvious flaws with my position. It just doesn't make sense to me. Comparable, it'd be like Elysium working to become allies with Lymr. This would make almost everyone grit their teeth. Maybe Golgonath's values have changed considerably... to that I don't care to speculate on. I am not a Golgonath Master so I make no claim to what Golgonath is or should be. I just remember Dimetrius telling me how worthless politics was and in fact punished me when I had gotten a few villages to trade with Golgonath. Granted, Dimetrius can be an idiot at times, so this example has little merit.

Again, I don't care personally that much as I know there is nothing 'I' can do. I can only deal with what is given to me and use it to the best of my ability. Honestly, I am just glad to see so much activity. Golgonath is buzzing. It is good to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                            Complaint: It annoys me how this land, nay, the people of this land pretend to be something they are not.
                            I share this annoyance, and I'm also not perfect. I'm as prone to rage-actions as the next person. What bugs me most is that exceptions are made and are justified by asinine reasons and are subsequently approved by an admin, thus setting a precedence.

Case in point: A member of Elysium disguised into Golgonath a while back and when citizens attempted to slay them, said Golgie somehow (I don't know the details of how) lost their weapons of a valuable metal and the Elysian picked it up and destroyed it in a forge. To my knowledge I had thought personal theft (unprotected housing notwithstanding) was against the rules. I asked a God about it, to clarify and they stated anything that was stolen/taken during any kind of raid was allowed. Since the reason this was brought up stemmed from disguising into a city, I took that to mean disguising was included.

Therefore, much to many a players rage, item/weapon theft during raids has been frequent. Mostly just to make the point that this kind of rule and exception is counter productive. I couldn't fathom how someone would feel if they lost a kryllian weapon due to this exception and precedence being set. Even with items being marked by runes, the time it would take for them to come back to life and recall the items would take far longer than the time it would take to run to Marinford and destroy the item.

As far as the Roleplay complaint. If someone committed a heinous crime against a member of a certain guild, and then after a time was admitted to and even led said guild. Doesn't that contradict your complaint about Roleplay and people just 'forgetting?'

Comment

• Originally posted by Viridiana View Post
                              As far as the Roleplay complaint. If someone committed a heinous crime against a member of a certain guild, and then after a time was admitted to and even led said guild. Doesn't that contradict your complaint about Roleplay and people just 'forgetting?'
                              I agree. Like I said, there are obvious flaws. It happens all the time.

As for the rest of your post. I agree as well.

Comment

• In my experience this has been the case across many areas concerning roleplay.
                                Roleplay will always be trumped by game mechanics for better or worse.

Example:
                                Drawing from the recent posts here so far, one could say as far as its role in Akanbar that Golgonath inherently cannot ally with any village, or would have a very difficult time getting that status, other than those considered inherently evil: Grebnarsh, Baresh, Lymr or those that could be considered evil: Welsbury (The duke uses slave labor in his fields).
                                Golgonath is an tyrannical power, taking by force or occupation what they are denied. Roleplay wise, this is totally feasible and even mildly cool to do.
                                However this is where game mechanics trumps roleplay, a city can only occupy five villages at a time.

On the other side to this is a city like Elysium, roleplay wise a city of virtue, hope and general human compassion in the land. They would strive to take those Golgonian allied villages and 'convert' them to their side. 'Abolishing' slavery in Lymr, negating the goblins advances and imprisoning pirates and restoring order in Baresh.

Now for me to toss out my earlier statements of 'game mechanics trumps roleplay'. Somewhat.
                                Fair warning, these are examples, i'm not saying that this actually happens.

Elysium roleplay wise shouldn't even attempt to negotiate with the likes of Grebnarsh or Lymr. Grebnarsh is a goblin village, and part of the more novice geared quest tasks is to kill Gremdal. So they should raid Grebnarsh at every opportunity. No peace talks, no negotations, simply slaughtering a village simply because it is populated by an inherently evil race.

Lymr is much the same, but can be handled differently: Lymr can be ruined by sword or word. As I said it's possible to roleplay 'abolishing' slavery in Lymr. Freeing the slave girl there, 'incapacitating' the slaver there. You get the picture.

Baresh is a village that in its very room descriptions is bound to Golgonath. Granted RP wise we didn't even know they existed until a long time ago, but they apparently remained loyal. Converting them to
                                another city is kind of ruining the room descriptions. Again this is an instance where game mechanics has to trump RP.

What I'm proposing, is that as a player base, Elysium and Golgonath should declare what villages RP wise they should stay out of politically and only be in there if they're slaying the villagers. This will give Elysium more areas to bash in, admittedly not very big ones but that's the downside to being the good guys, you don't have very many places where it's okay, RP wise to kill everyone in sight.
                                We, as the definitive evil people in Golgonath simply kill those who don't fall in line. Granted we can take a more subtle approach but nothing says business like a plume of smoke, and the village elder's head on a spike.
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X