Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..Amusing, but no.

Sleep as an affliction, or feared from a mount, are a Legion's best choices for dealing with it other than walking away.

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar
      Divine are very hard to approach it seems to me. This is concerning to me, if you are there to improve the game and fix it when it's broken so fair is fair and everyone is happy. Yet when I am afraid to talk with you about my concerns or get your outlook on my ideas. I do want the hard to approach feeling when I talk to you IC for that's how it should be I am talking to a god a all powerful being, but it seems like it carries over to OOC a little to much.
      As a rule of thumb, divine/mods should be given a fair deal of respect both in and out of character. That goes
      without saying, in any circle.

In both of these instances, we have them to thank for keeping the game [life, in character!] running smoothly,
      and for beating out all of the problems that occur at times. Naturally I find them much, MUCH easier to approach
      with ideas or questions out of character, though yes, there's always that little bit of dread every time
      I send an email or pose a question to one of them.

That's just to be expected, since we owe them such a great deal for giving us the fun times that are Akanbar,
      but you shouldn't put yourself in the mindset that you're grovelling at their feet when you're just sending an
      email. It takes practice! It's not like they're brooding at their computer surrounded by a divine aura, waiting
      to channel all of their rage into a textual obliteration for you voicing your thoughts. And actually, I find the
      mods much easier to chat with than the rest of the playerbase, most times.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Yeah I finally got to chat with Zycandos about why things are the way they are. He explained it to me in a way that it makes sense. So it's how it is for a reason. We just have to move when it happens.
        Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

It sort of bothers me that gods will just up and disappear, without even a news post or an attempt at making it out to be RP-involved.
          I mean, if there's a reason they need to stop playing, that's just how it is. But the fact that they just drop out of existence altogether,
          probably to reappear a year or so down the line...it sort of just ruins the RP environment [especially for their followers].

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
            It sort of bothers me that gods will just up and disappear, without even a news post or an attempt at making it out to be RP-involved.
            I mean, if there's a reason they need to stop playing, that's just how it is. But the fact that they just drop out of existence altogether,
            probably to reappear a year or so down the line...it sort of just ruins the RP environment [especially for their followers].
            I've been meaning to get back to this.

Yes. This totally sucks. Especially when a God or Goddess shows up and goes "IM HERE LOOKIE" and then disappears again, while offering no reason as to their disappearance.

Although Akanbar has a smallish playerbase, it wouldn't be a bad thought to think about either recyling the characters into something new, or allowing oh..I don't know, three months after a God/Goddess goes inactive, allow for applications?

Just a thought

Comment

Patrols, I think they're getting a bit out of hand. I understand their intended use is to stop people disguising in and being an element of surprise if an opposing force manages to get into the city. A maximum amount of patrols that a city can station at one time seems a bit more realistic or paying these patrols more coin to have since their jobs are a bit more advanced than guarding one area.

With disguising in taking a big hit in only being able to disguise once and unable to disguise one again until a new day hits, I just think that cities are meant to have some form of conflict and these 3-5 guard/magic npc patrols are a bit overkill when they're tons.

A limit or a higher cost to maintain are my suggestions....I could of course setup a same pattern in Elysium, but half the fun in roleplaying a fighting character is if someone from another city is in yours is attempting to remove them yourself.

Comment

I for one do find there are way too many patrols, makes sneaking into cities just for the sake of sneaking in virtually impossible.
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Village quest-- farmers, fishermen, miners and domestic women-- gold output has been lowered to match the ease of the quest.
                  Meh, the quest are hard enough now that we have to find the items in different locations. Now you make our effort worth less! Where is the Department of Labor at.
                  Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

As I am certain I cannot state the exact figures, I will simply state that inflation is not the answer to a failing economy, it is the problem. If you wish to see the economy improve, gold sources will have to be handled. It won't be easy or enjoyable, but it is necessary. I evaluated the situation, spoke to mortals concerning it and ran calculations over the course of a week, looking into various factors.

There are many issues with Akanbar's economy and gold creation is a large factor of it. Too much gold is being made with not enough being spent. I am aware that this problem has both the "Gold creation is too large" side as well as the "there are not enough gold sinks" side. I flipped a coin, ignored the outcome, and decided to work on gold creation today after having created quite a few gold sinks. While it is an easy quest young ones just out of novicehood can do, it still earns them enough gold that they can easily survive.

In short, I am ruining your complaint. The department of labor died; we forgot you frail mortals had to eat.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

well since we are complaining about the lowering of gold output for the village quests:
                      Please form an angry mob without pitchforks, as they are needed by farmers.
                      I thought for sure that the pitchforks would be put to better use this way. I was looking forward to it too.
                      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                      Words to Live By:
                      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

There are many issues with Akanbar's economy and gold creation is a large factor of it. Too much gold is being made with not enough being spent. I am aware that this problem has both the "Gold creation is too large" side as well as the "there are not enough gold sinks" side
                        Short Answer:
                        Merchents arn't greedy enough.
                        Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                          There are many issues with Akanbar's economy and gold creation is a large factor of it. Too much gold is being made with not enough being spent. I am aware that this problem has both the "Gold creation is too large" side as well as the "there are not enough gold sinks" side.
                          On the subject of gold sinks, I think I'm not the only one who would be thrilled to see more statues in Brages' shop. Perhaps even some new construction projects, such as buildings apart from shops and homes, or something like a fountain that Brages could construct out of stone and silver or gold. I suppose this isn't really a complaint, just my input.
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                            On the subject of gold sinks, I think I'm not the only one who would be thrilled to see more statues in Brages' shop. Perhaps even some new construction projects, such as buildings apart from shops and homes, or something like a fountain that Brages could construct out of stone and silver or gold. I suppose this isn't really a complaint, just my input.
                            Yes, this! Start putting more ideas in the little box, people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                              Yes, this! Start putting more ideas in the little box, people.
                              I was going to post this in the 'ideas' thread, but with the recent mention of gold sinks, I figured this would be more... on topic.
                              We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

That's why there's a suggestion box at Brages! For the new statues, not the buildings.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X