X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
    Do you put the Thor in Jaethor?
    Does it hurt?
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
    bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
    Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
    You are 234 years old.
    The year is 456.
    Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Villages are dumb. That is all.
      Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

• Being able to edit your very recent bulletin board posts would be so nice. Instead of looking at the finished product after and being disappointed to see that one single letter that should have been in capital has just ruined the beauty of the entire post!

Comment

• No thanks to editing, even shortly after a post is made (I can see the uses now...mmph), BUT a more progressive text editor would be nice. One that allows you to echo your input before publishing, so you can be sure everything is set and the lines are the appropriate length (even though the margin indicator is a big fat liar to begin with).
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Just attacked a caravan every location from Welsbury to the bridge of Dawn. It never stopped once.
            We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
              Just attacked a caravan every location from Welsbury to the bridge of Dawn. It never stopped once.
              Your sauce is weak

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Clearly, Pyromancers need a buff.

Comment

• Forsaken get parried more than any other guild AND we miss more than any other guild.

Its not like we have the damage to make up for it. We should be as accurate as the mage's, and much harder to parry than we are currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demandred View Post
                    Forsaken get parried more than any other guild AND we miss more than any other guild.

Its not like we have the damage to make up for it. We should be as accurate as the mage's, and much harder to parry than we are currently.
                    I do feel obligated to point out that your balance is significantly lower (read: ~66%) than a mage's. This means if their balance is 3 seconds, your balance is 2 seconds. Against a NPC/CCC, your damage is significantly higher. I just tested damage. Taevin to burrog (level 96 and 100, respectively), claws did 517 damage, 75 bleeding. Lightning did 474. After dragon amplify, it did 616. Converting this to DPS and ignoring bleed, since that's easily cured, forsaken do a little under 1.5 times dps than a storm warden. Now, this ignores afflictions on both ends, including dragon. Dragon attacks account for ~13 dps, which is nowhere near enough to even out the two.

Now, it's 7am and I'm dead tired, so I'm just going to leave it at that. Forsaken, if they missed as little as mages and were much harder to parry would become significantly stronger than mages.

tl;dr: Forsaken get slightly lower damage and significantly higher miss/parry rate, but much lower balance.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I have to agree with Jaethor. Not that my opinion matters in comparison to a god. However, when I was a Forsaken, i found countless ways to compensate for the 'difficulties' upon which you have stated. Think outside the box is all that can really be said. With proper timing, Forsaken are the best guild in the game. The Melee guilds will always be your toughest opponents... That will never change. It isn't impossible though.

Comment

• Ashrabia, Jaethor, hello and thank you for your replies.

I have to agree with Jaethor.

I actually agree with Jaethor also. When I posted I did not have mage's in mind at all (though I did mention them).

I was thinking about templar/melee guilds specifically but I did not clarify that in my post.

With proper timing, Forsaken are the best guild in the game.

Best guild in the game, no, but I like to think with proper timing/tactics that any guild in the game can be the best.

It isn't impossible though.

-I realise it is not impossible as I have done it, my frustration was born out of a battle with Oskar about two months ago. I got his horse out of the way, trapped him and landed about five throatrips in a row which he healed handily. Talons were no good for outdamaging him either. So I played the 'run down their clotting' game. After about three hours of this my symbiote was down to 1 and I had to risk death by getting some corpses to devour (symbiote was full on 200 at the beginning of the challenge).

And defile is useless too, manage to hit a templar with defile and if they don't have a vial of 'something' handy to sip to cure it then they still have a hymn that cures undeath to fall back on. Either that hymn should be taken away, the vials of * should be taken away or they should be made to not take effect immediately. Like let them have to at least survive being undead for two minutes.

With new tactics I've caught people out, or got lucky because they had a wrong cure or something. But once they know the cures and tactics it is tough times for forsaken against any templar who is half decent.

Forgive my ranting, there are one or two things up my sleeve to try for the future.
                        Last edited by Demandred; 20 May 2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• I had a feeling this was about a Templar. It's always about a Templar.

Unfortunately, they were designed with the intent of countering and trumping everything that a Forsaken can put out. Sometimes mechanical limitations do prevail over the best can-do attitude, sad as it is! Unless you can turn it into a curative war (as you tried to do) or severely hamper their offense with a combination of afflictions (not a good route for the Forsaken if their system is up to par), there really is very, very little that can be done about it. That's just how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            I had a feeling this was about a Templar. It's always about a Templar.

Unfortunately, they were designed with the intent of countering and trumping everything that a Forsaken can put out. Sometimes mechanical limitations do prevail over the best can-do attitude, sad as it is!
                            I've always felt this way about wardens vs pyromancers too.
                            We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                              Just attacked a caravan every location from Welsbury to the bridge of Dawn. It never stopped once.
                              Just finally got around to testing this. It worked on my first command after I made sure to do it right, Lord Nakarym as witness. You're doing it wrong.
                              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• This is less of a complaint, and more of an unfortunate fact I felt was proper to state for those impacted. Starting at some point on the fourth of this month (two days from now), I will be unable to log in for an unknown length of time because of reasons. With some luck I'll be back before TOO long, because few things are more disappointing to me than an immortal making a splash and disappearing a short time later.

But that doesn't mean everyone gets to slack off while I'm gone! Be kind to your fellow players, even the ones you hate (they're real people, too). Take care of your novices, even your enemy's novices if the need arises. Don't annoy Jaethor too much, and please, for the love of everything, vote at every opportunity. Progress, inspire, commit to your roles, all that jazz!

I'll be around as much as possible until the dreaded time comes, but after that...fingers crossed that I'll be back to my brooding perch sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X