Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
    To troll about titles and their almost always OOC nature, not to mention a certain song being used at one point recently..Indecision, that's what I complain about.
    A certain song?
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

http://forums.akanbar.com/showpost.p...&postcount=216

Comment

I'm still confused, what does that have to do with title trolling?

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
          I'm still confused, what does that have to do with title trolling?
          I'm not sure he realizes the Gaga thing was taken from LOCALE while fighting Rats and Marionettes, rather than you changing Roeshak and Xandr's titles for the sake of a giggle.
          A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

Originally posted by Viridiana View Post
            I'm not sure he realizes the Gaga thing was taken from LOCALE while fighting Rats and Marionettes, rather than you changing Roeshak and Xandr's titles for the sake of a giggle.
            ...yeah, no. It was from locale.

If not, that'd just be stupid.

(it even has the command there, right at the top)

Comment

Oh. I'm used to Aetolia too much where titles are shown in stuff like that. Silly me.

Edit: Point still stands. Titles are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                Oh. I'm used to Aetolia too much where titles are shown in stuff like that. Silly me.

Edit: Point still stands. Titles are terrible.
                Aetolia will always have a special place in my heart. That deep, dark place that I'd really rather pry out with a dinner fork.

But nothing beats my blunder on the Golgo bulletin board, I'll forever have a post with my silly 'Owl Tamer' title attached.

Woe is me.

Comment

An ominous male voice booms, "So horny"
                  A haunting chill rushes down your spine as A presence unleashes the wrath of his divine soul.
                  Xandr has been obliterated by the might of A presence.
                  A presence shouts, "So dead."

A few things: Is this in character? If so, considering that you as a character are enemied everywhere, how does this reflect on your character? As far as I understand, no city 'has' to allow you within their walls or their guilds, so shouldn't you be a little more political with your actions. Why would a city want you within your walls when you are clearly so immature?

Obviously, this is probably a OOC shout, but this is my primary reason for complaint. This land seems to be in slight conflict with its player base. There are obviously a few children here that don't understand what it is like to be 18 years of age (or older) and thus don't know how to role play it accurately. They also don't seem to take the time they spend in game seriously. IE: Xandr stating that is playing another game in the background, specifically, Skyrim. Now, I understand that he (Xandr) used the little (()) to signify it was an ooc comment, but seriously?

Then, there are the older, seemingly more mature players (at least their in game characters) have some developed personalities that I can tell differ from their in-game character and there out of character posts on these forums.

Just a bit annoying to log on and see something like that... You think anybody cares to hear your current state of sexual arousal? I'd encourage you to think before you do such things.
                  Last edited by Kaal; 12 December 2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I hope I'm one of those people whose personalities differ :/

But yes, people who earn their way to being enemied to all of the cities typically end up...well. Becoming a nuisance. They have nothing better to do but sit around and pester everyone. Likely their immaturity was the cause of the enemy statuses, not the other way around, so I'm not sure why they have to make themselves even more annoying.

Ironically, I'm quite sure Xandr is older than I am. I was a young'n when I first started in Akanbar, and I'm still somewhat fresh.

Edit: And yeah, people who decide to go into ((cute little ooc tells)) while you're CLEARLY there, and CLEARLY Forsaken, just need to be shoved off the face of Akanbar. It's understandable if it's something small, or something that could be funny to listen to (you'll find this is typically the case between myself and Viridiana, but we don't try to make anyone uncomfortable), but there's a point where you can tell they're just doing it to piss you off. Yes, we have the ability to turn Listen off. But should we have to, because people don't understand the capabilities of messages, or chatting somewhere that isn't in the game? /endrant
                    Last edited by Dimetrius; 12 December 2011, 01:21 AM. Reason: I CAN'T SPELL ANYTHING, GRUHUHH.

Comment

• Let's not confuse Xandr with Xander.

Comment

• OOC Skyrim?

First off, I'd like to say barely EVER go OOC about other games, the only reason I was talking about Skyrim is because Zefri was asking me ooc questions about it, and i was trying to be friendly.

And who gives a shit if i said "so horny" over a shout? If you don't like it then ignore it. I was lonely and bored and felt like expressing myself over a shout. In other MUD's i've played, i've seen people shout things WAY worse then that, and gods don't care.

The gods interfere WAY to much with character gameplay and just need to let us do our thing..that is just my opinion.
                        Last edited by Xandr; 30 December 2011, 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Yeah, no.

This is Akanbar; we have standards. Sorry if you're used to other nonsensical environments, but that sort of stuff has -never- been allowed to fly.

Comment

• Standards? You? HAHA that actually made me laugh. out loud.

Comment

• I highly suggest not making fun of Dimetrius's standards as he was in fact involved with you. While I am not here to judge personal matters, I cannot stress enough that you are in fact insulting yourself.

Concerning My apparent over involvement, please realize that while My job is often glorified, I am afraid that sometimes I must be reduced to do such bothersome tasks as taking out the trash.
                              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Edit: Oh look, I can't post anymore!
                                Last edited by Jaethor; 31 December 2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X