This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
    Hopefully this idea is relatively simple to implement, though I suspect not, but I would very much like the fish i catch with a pole to be cooked/dried into food. Every time i turn in a large fish i can't help but feel sorry for my periodically starving rogue.
    I like the idea in principle, but...
    I think it would be more a case of "not allowing people to create masses of free food" that would be the reason this didn't get implemented.

Perhaps if it were only possible to create food out of fish that were over a certain size, say 110cm? I haven't fished enough, but I'm sure some suitable size could be found. Once caught the fisherman could either sell it as normal, or ask for it to be filleted by one of Haddam's multitude of fishing experts, thus providing a prepared type of fish that can be fried in a pan (also can't be sold as Fish in comm centres). I suggest a bit of dill and fresh lemon juice.
    Last edited by Malic; 20 February 2013, 06:08 AM. Reason: formatting
    We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• It would be nice to have more "shop-fronts". We have metal workshops, weaver's, bakeries and more...but sometimes it seems that shops default to "fronts" that aren't in accordance with the wares being sold...a bookstore being a metal workshop, for instance.
      I would like to see fronts for jewelry, books and furniture. Does anyone have any fresh ideas for fronts? Maybe an art gallery where paintings are sold, or a produce stand stocked with fresh fruits? An off-the-beaten path shop selling slave-- Er. Staves...

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
        I like the idea in principle, but...
        I think it would be more a case of "not allowing people to create masses of free food" that would be the reason this didn't get implemented.

Perhaps if it were only possible to create food out of fish that were over a certain size, say 110cm? I haven't fished enough, but I'm sure some suitable size could be found. Once caught the fisherman could either sell it as normal, or ask for it to be filleted by one of Haddam's multitude of fishing experts, thus providing a prepared type of fish that can be fried in a pan (also can't be sold as Fish in comm centres). I suggest a bit of dill and fresh lemon juice.
        Alternatively, implement a Lore skill that allows you to descale and slice a fish. The bigger the catch, the more chance you have at succeeding and ending up with a quality piece of fish. The smaller the catch, the more chance you have at failing and having nothing but scrap to throw away. Fish under a certain size will always fail.

The fish produced would be 'prepared fish', so it can't be sold to a commodity center.

Boom.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
          It would be nice to have more "shop-fronts". We have metal workshops, weaver's, bakeries and more...but sometimes it seems that shops default to "fronts" that aren't in accordance with the wares being sold...a bookstore being a metal workshop, for instance.
          I would like to see fronts for jewelry, books and furniture. Does anyone have any fresh ideas for fronts? Maybe an art gallery where paintings are sold, or a produce stand stocked with fresh fruits? An off-the-beaten path shop selling slave-- Er. Staves...
          Great idea. Have a list of shop fronts that can be "set" by the shop keeper. The current system can get very confusing, with the shopfronts changing depending on what items you most recently stock.
          ie: Stock clothing, your shop becomes a weavers, add some herbs it changes to a apothacary, try to sell some edible plastic and it sprouts into a McDonalds.

PS. The name for the slave shop is "Often beaten plebs" not "Off the beaten path".
          Last edited by Malic; 1 March 2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
            Alternatively, implement a Lore skill that allows you to descale and slice a fish. The bigger the catch, the more chance you have at succeeding and ending up with a quality piece of fish. The smaller the catch, the more chance you have at failing and having nothing but scrap to throw away. Fish under a certain size will always fail.

The fish produced would be 'prepared fish', so it can't be sold to a commodity center.

Boom.
            No, it is specifically not a fish commodity.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              No, it is specifically not a fish commodity.
              I'm confused, isn't that what I said? :I

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• I thought you said "can be sold" oops.

Whoa! Look at all those new things in Akanbar that can distract you!
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaethor View Post
                  i thought you said "can be sold" oops.

Whoa! Look at all those new things in akanbar that can distract you!
                  Yaaaaaaaaaay 8D

Comment

• I am wondering if an alternative method of traveling would be open for discussion? I mean an alternative to horses?

I was thinking of a mechanical device that you had to wind up. It might give you 100 locations without having any problems... and then you'd have to stop and wind up the device. It would be the exact same thing in terms of a Horse, but give a different kind of... description.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                      I am wondering if an alternative method of traveling would be open for discussion? I mean an alternative to horses? I was thinking of a mechanical device that you had to wind up. It might give you 100 locations without having any problems... and then you'd have to stop and wind up the device. It would be the exact same thing in terms of a Horse, but give a different kind of... description.
                      Let me sum this up in as simple terms as possible... while still getting the point across: No.

Comment

• Ooooh honey, it's gettin catty up in hurr.

Still wondering if there's any consideration on extending book page limits!

Comment

• Idea:

Food shops on distant islands. It is a pain for me to have to sail back and forth to get food. I mean, it isn't too big of an inconvenience, but sill one that i'd rather not have to deal with.

Islands: Carmena, Mount Ijicen, Blood Isle... any new islands still under development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashrabia View Post
                            Idea:Food shops on distant islands. It is a pain for me to have to sail back and forth to get food. I mean, it isn't too big of an inconvenience, but sill one that i'd rather not have to deal with. Islands: Carmena, Mount Ijicen, Blood Isle... any new islands still under development.
                            I think of these places as extended trips. When you go on an extended trip, you tend to bring more food with you when you go. At least, that's what I always imagined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                              I'm confused, isn't that what I said? :I
                              Actually I thought I said it first. Stop stealing my thunder, we pyromancers don't have much to spare.

Comment

• Greetings,

I'm not reviving the "Idea theme of the week", but I do have a question for you munchkins.

In a hopefully short explanation (No, "I know you said short but,") maybe 5 sentences or less(?), what prominent feature of Akanbar do you hate/would like to see changed? Yes, this includes features I've said no to or "for Zycandos's sake, shut up".

Example:
                                Dimetrius: I think warfare is the most boring feature in Akanbar. It brings nothing to the game besides off-peak smacks back and forth.

David: Can we decrease the time between raiding towers and possibly make more ways to harm a city besides just breaking into the city and killing a bunch of replaceable NPCs and robbing houses?

Why am I asking? No reason.... No reason at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X