Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then I guess we'll have to get some wardens to tow them with their dragons? 0.o
    Also I really like the army uprising idea...in fact I was going to idea that.
    ((okay I don't think i have the time or patience to read 90 pages worth of a thread so...here goes some things I have not seen ig))

Ideas:

1) Bash area near Elysian towers.

I understand that this has been sought by many. Golgonath has the plains of ash filled with Drakes and Wyverns, Ysallyra has their forest filled with porcupines, bears and other creatures. Elysium however has no area such as that in which could in theory stop a raid in its tracks as the drakes and wyverns have for elysian raiders. So how about we have a bandit problem? The bandits could roam the fields and cliffs near elysium and much like the drakes on the plains of ash. And then they could have group leaders that would be like the wyverns.

2) Archer tower guards, to shoot those unsuspecting enemies too close for comfort

3) Coffee, because templars get it free

4) Larger military chains of commands that give different responsibilities.

These are just a few for now. I'll actually make a list one day, but I just wanted to add a few little things.

Comment

• 5) Also before I forget. I think wardens should have a skill that allows clouds to follow either them or a target

Comment

• Originally posted by August View Post

1) Bash area near Elysian towers.

I understand that this has been sought by many. Golgonath has the plains of ash filled with Drakes and Wyverns, Ysallyra has their forest filled with porcupines, bears and other creatures. Elysium however has no area such as that in which could in theory stop a raid in its tracks as the drakes and wyverns have for elysian raiders. So how about we have a bandit problem? The bandits could roam the fields and cliffs near elysium and much like the drakes on the plains of ash. And then they could have group leaders that would be like the wyverns.
        Ysallyra's bears, porcupines and 'other creatures' - Will not stop a raid. If your raid is stopped by the 300 damage bear or the paralysis from a porcupine, you should not be raiding.

Wyverns/drakes - Is only near one tower and I'm unsure of just how much of a problem they are. If anything, why not just kill the ones closest to the tower before you start raiding?

Comment

5) Also before I forget. I think wardens should have a skill that allows clouds to follow either them or a target
          Disagreed. Spirits are fine with Bind because, unless you're whoring Wrath like there's no tomorrow, they have relatively little 'oomf' in combat. I feel clouds are too "good" to warrant this, plus it would probably cause some issues if you have it in tow while moving in and out of doors. Also, sticking it on someone else? Too much potential for grief, no thank you.

Also, big +10 to Silas and his last post. I can't really say I believe that the associated suggestion is 'sought by many'...just sounds like a case of the 'You have one so why don't I's.
          Last edited by Dimetrius; 4 January 2013, 05:14 AM.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• 4) Larger military chains of commands that give different responsibilities
            Why make this more complicated? You have enough hierarchy as it is in the current military set up.
            It's simple. It's clear. It doesn't have the buttcrap of who has more authority than who, and who to follow in times of distress.
            Last edited by Pyrok; 4 January 2013, 07:48 AM. Reason: Lists are silly.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Nonetheless I would think we would want to expand akanbar in general and a small bash area I don't think is too much to ask. Sure you can argue it in the way "Why don't we have one?" but then, why don't we just scrap the entire idea of expansion and keep our world small and secluded. As for the military thing, I suppose I'd want to see more activity before such a thing was implimented, but I personally like a touch of realism. So in a sense, sure it'd be icing on the cake, but also it could be made into a pretty good working system i believe if tacked with new commands of sorts. It might even promote activity. I feel like our world gets stale and something new would have older players coming back to try it out. As for the cloud thing, i really don't understand how it is too much to ask for seeing as they are easy to avoid and strike every once in a blue moon.

Comment

• Just going to stick my opinion on a couple of these out there…
                (Joy!)
                Auto Taxation (Ashrabia): Considering that the city tradelog already lists shop taxes at the end of the month, incoming comms, outgoing comms, and any adjustments made to commodity prices or maxes and reserves, I feel like the tradelog has enough going on to consider adding anything like this. Imagine adding on “x gold, x silver, and x copper coins paid in taxes by so-and-so” to what is already listed there at the end of the month. I prefer donations as they are. You can donate as much as you want, whenever you want, rather than having some random number of coins pulled out at the end of the month. Plus, if it doesn’t pull it till the end of the month, like shop taxes do, you’re going to be figuring out how much gold to keep in your hand so that when the city pulls the taxes you aren’t standing there with only two copper coins and a dumb expression wondering why you suddenly owe the city taxes. That’s why shop status exists. So we know exactly how much in taxes we owe, currently, for that month. But having another command, say, tax status, just so we can keep record of how much in taxes we owe to the city on quests done...outside of the city…well. That seems like a lot of effort for ‘I have my donations deducted automatically every month.”

Assessing someone in the arena from the viewing boxes (Zinerva): I like this idea. A lot, honestly. But I don’t see it as plausible, since from the viewing box it might be hard to assess anything that far away from you. Which is why assess only works when you’re right in front of something. Maybe call it something else…”Arena list”, for instance, could list all current people inside the arena in a similar fashion that ‘group’ does, giving their name, health and mana.

+2 locations on seamap (Ashrabia & Dimetrius): I don’t think it’s a good idea to make it a requirement to have a telescope to view seamap. If anything, it’s easier to see clearly where you are going on the sea, because it is so open... So I’d disagree with this, mostly. If regular maps don’t require telescopes, then seamap shouldn’t. I do think it’d be nice to have a wider range on your seamap, though, and I’d be willing to carry a telescope at all times just for that. I rarely bother raising my sails to full (Unless I know for a fact how far I’m sailing) because by the time I see something on the seamap and my ship can slow down or turn to avoid it, I’ll be running into something that wasn’t visible on the map before.

Occupied village centres off limits to citizens of the occupying force (Ashrabia): Some things you should know about military occupation…

It’s usually defined as a form of government imposed by force or threat that establishes a type of…mutual obligation between the occupier and the occupied, but without bringing about any change in allegiance. If we accept this definition, (which seems reasonable to me), this would imply that occupation is the ‘de facto’ rule of the inhabitants of one territory, by people appointed and controlled by the government of another territory, by use of force if necessary, usually, but not exclusively, as a result of the invasion, capture and occupation of that territory in war. It therefore represents the conscious denial of self-government to the inhabitants of the defeated territory, if only on a temporary basis. Though established and maintained by force, there is still an obligation on the occupier to protect the community, arising from the responsibility that goes with the assumption of the authority to govern, and a corresponding obligation on the occupied to obey. Or at least not frustrate the authority of the occupier.

Basically; if an occupying force imposes ‘martial law’ over a territory, that territory can be controlled and exploited by the occupier for political, economic or strategic purposes, because they are under ‘de facto’ rule. They are, essentially, if not legally, a part of the occupying force now. So wouldn’t it make more sense for an occupied village to –only- trade with the occupying force, or allies of that force?
                …makes sense to me. –shrug-

Ships lost at sea (Ashrabia): I like to think these will all eventually sink and make reefs for the fishes to swim in…
                That’s all I’m going to bother writing now, because I’m too sorry to type anything else. Thank you.

Comment

Nonetheless I would think we would want to expand akanbar in general and a small bash area I don't think is too much to ask. Sure you can argue it in the way "Why don't we have one?" but then, why don't we just scrap the entire idea of expansion and keep our world small and secluded. As for the military thing, I suppose I'd want to see more activity before such a thing was implimented, but I personally like a touch of realism. So in a sense, sure it'd be icing on the cake, but also it could be made into a pretty good working system i believe if tacked with new commands of sorts. It might even promote activity. I feel like our world gets stale and something new would have older players coming back to try it out. As for the cloud thing, i really don't understand how it is too much to ask for seeing as they are easy to avoid and strike every once in a blue moon.
                  In my opinion, the last thing we need is more bashing areas. I know people may feel limited, but I really think the bashing opportunities already available are proportionate to the amount of people we have on an average day. We could definitely use some expansion, but I would rather see places that tie into the lore aspect and have a purpose aside from being a place to bash or run a quest every hour on the hour. With that being said, two of the bashing areas that have been added recently are very, very rarely utilized because of the difficulty level. I would prefer seeing these tweaked to be somewhat more manageable than having more bloat piled atop.

New bashing areas do not make players come back, nor do they draw more players. David, myself, I'm pretty sure Malic and others have spoken out on this topic here and there.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                    With that being said, two of the bashing areas that have been added recently are very, very rarely utilized because of the difficulty level. I would prefer seeing these tweaked to be somewhat more manageable than having more bloat piled atop.
                    The newest of bashing areas has creatures for almost all sizes (novices excluded), but it does offer an exceedingly difficult area, but that is because the reward of finishing that area's quest is too large for it to be done on a daily basis.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                      The newest of bashing areas has creatures for almost all sizes (novices excluded), but it does offer an exceedingly difficult area, but that is because the reward of finishing that area's quest is too large for it to be done on a daily basis.
                      There you have it, then.

Comment

• I would love the ability to SHADOW UNBIND or SHADOW BIND NONE. Nothing's more frustrating than finally getting in to where you need to be, only to have your carrier walk away before you can finish peeking at associated secrets.

Comment

• for some reason I thought there was an unbind... but I guess not. so +1 for a skill such as this.

also, maybe a command TELLS that reviews you last 15 or so tells recieved?
                          Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                          2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                          Words to Live By:
                          "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                          "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Seig View Post
                            for some reason I thought there was an unbind... but I guess not. so +1 for a skill such as this.

also, maybe a command TELLS that reviews you last 15 or so tells recieved?
                            I'm so for the tells command that it's insane. PLEASE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                              I'm so for the tells command that it's insane. PLEASE.
                              Yes please, +50.

Comment

• Apparently, I need to type something other than quotes.

Originally posted by Malic
                                I'm pretty sure you can shadow walk in and out of the room to unbind. It won't always be possible, but might work in a pinch.
                                Obviously, the best secrets are ones from rooms with azures, in which an unbind skill would be required.
                                P.S. Stop spying on me Dimetrius.
                                (Just had a thought, have you tried shadow walking in a direction where there is no exit? It's possible this may cause the bind to drop.)
                                P.P.S. I love Jaethor

Originally posted by August
                                This might be super random, but new deams about places we have not yet visited yet? Or maybe we have visited them and just don't know it yet O.o
                                Well I just think it will be cool to have new dreams that hint to certain areas or even events.
                                Originally posted by Silas
                                You should write them up and send them as ideas to Jaethor@akanbar.com (!) I'm sure he'd love to see just what you have in mind
                                Originally posted by Dimetrius
                                Yes, the case that brought this issue up was an azure'd room. I can leave it, yes! But getting back in, no. That defeats the entire purpose, as you know. Moving in a false direction does not interrupt the bind.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X