Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is most likely a horrible idea, but what if we could set what kind of drunk our character is? I just feel this would be interesting since not everyone is a happy go lucky drunk, saying, "I love you all so much." Yes, I can RP it, which I do RP a happy drunk that is quick to temper if you strike the right chord. Just kind of hard to make it seem serious when I'm RPing my temper, and I end up saying I love you all so much right after blowing up.
    Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
    2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
    Words to Live By:
    "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
    "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• You could also drink less (or...really, not at all), and roleplay your drunken temper. IG drunkenness really offers nothing to roleplay aside from falling down, blurting out your love and eventually dying, most of the work (work, if this is something you're strangely dedicated to playing out...) is left to you anyways.

tl;dr - no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
        You could also drink less (or...really, not at all), and roleplay your drunken temper. IG drunkenness really offers nothing to roleplay aside from falling down, blurting out your love and eventually dying, most of the work (work, if this is something you're strangely dedicated to playing out...) is left to you anyways.

tl;dr - no.
        I figured as much. I should have put it in the wish section. Worth a shot though!

Words to Live By:

Comment

• Originally posted by Seig View Post
          I figured as much. I should have put it in the wish section. Worth a shot though!
          It certainly was! And let me stress (likely again) that regardless of how condescending my posts probably, definitely read, I don't mean to discourage you. Keep feeding us ideas

Comment

• For the RENTSHOP command, maybe a RENTSHOP PENDING or the like so that we can see which shops we have pending? Just was thinking that I applied to rent a shop with my ten gold, I'd like to know if I should keep pestering someone about it. Though I'm not completely sure how RENTSHOP works.

Words to Live By:

Comment

For the RENTSHOP command, maybe a RENTSHOP PENDING or the like so that we can see which shops we have pending? Just was thinking that I applied to rent a shop with my ten gold, I'd like to know if I should keep pestering someone about it. Though I'm not completely sure how RENTSHOP works.
              It should write in the log and show up on CITY SHOPS.
              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                It should write in the log and show up on CITY SHOPS.
                The tradelog, more specifically.

Comment

• Idea: Suicide Option? I guess I'd use it for times where I am completely lost, or unable to move due to afflictions and that sort of thing.

Comment

• I have no idea what I'm doing
                    Attached Files
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Introductory Package- $10-5

Included 200-100 knowledge crystals. Increased learning rate for next 20 hours.
                      May only be purchased once per character.

I think offering something like this would give true newbies an opportunity to experience the land with a small sense of power. At the same time, encouraging them to the idea of RW investment. Once invested, said player is more likely to return and continue to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
                        Introductory Package- $10-5

Included 200-100 knowledge crystals. Increased learning rate for next 20 hours.
                        May only be purchased once per character.

I think offering something like this would give true newbies an opportunity to experience the land with a small sense of power. At the same time, encouraging them to the idea of RW investment. Once invested, said player is more likely to return and continue to do so.
                        I like this idea as well. It nice to have a little boost in the beginning.

Also another idea, not sure if it's been suggested. I'd like to see a village or two that one can capture with actual players, to encourage a bit of group fighting between cities. Something along the lines of uhm... Domination in Call of Duty I think. Basically you have to capture and hold key points and you get points toward capturing as time goes by. The villages could basically happen every 12(6? -hopes-) hours or so... As in unlock them from the previous winners. And basically once you capture them they donate gold to your city, much like alliances work and also give an ore of Kryllian or mithril just to make it worth trying to capture it maybe? Just figured I'd try suggesting this, cause I personally would like to see more group battles where mortals can come up with interesting team strategies.

Words to Live By:

Comment

Also another idea, not sure if it's been suggested. I'd like to see a village or two that one can capture with actual players, to encourage a bit of group fighting between cities. Something along the lines of uhm... Domination in Call of Duty I think. Basically you have to capture and hold key points and you get points toward capturing as time goes by. The villages could basically happen every 12(6? -hopes-) hours or so... As in unlock them from the previous winners. And basically once you capture them they donate gold to your city, much like alliances work and also give an ore of Kryllian or mithril just to make it worth trying to capture it maybe? Just figured I'd try suggesting this, cause I personally would like to see more group battles where mortals can come up with interesting team strategies.
                          Heh heh. Heh. Yes. what a good idea.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            Ooooh honey, it's gettin catty up in hurr.

Still wondering if there's any consideration on extending book page limits!
                            This has been implemented due to Shax's re-suggestion and Lord Zycandos's correction of me thinking it was potentially bad code-wise.

And of course Dimetrius's original post.
                            Last edited by Jaethor; 26 August 2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Test Dummies, that can be examined to see the exact amount of damage your attack does. (Obviously when sparring others or fighting NPCs your damage would vary based on their skills, but this would allow you to check how your skills stack up against each other)
                              We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                                Test Dummies, that can be examined to see the exact amount of damage your attack does. (Obviously when sparring others or fighting NPCs your damage would vary based on their skills, but this would allow you to check how your skills stack up against each other)
                                This has been suggested a few times and each time I cannot endorse it.

Damage has a thousand and one factors, so it'd be a pain in the rear to both code and figure out how defensive it should be, then constantly maintain its similarity to a player's defense should anything ever change. Plus, I just don't like the thought of removing that part of combat- testing damage with another person... but that last part's just personal.

Edit: Sorry, morning Jaethor. Explaining more.
                                Last edited by Jaethor; 10 September 2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X