This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
    Firstly, what was I doing in that example? Secondly, sure you can punish someone for no reason. You just have to do it with a lot of style.
    For the curious, this is exactly why Malic is my favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
      For the curious, this is exactly why Malic is my favorite.
      Heh, Golgonath...
      lowered-expectations.jpg

(note: yes, I realize Elysium can be just as bad, but I want to poke fun at Nakarym)
      Last edited by Jaethor; 6 January 2014, 04:58 PM.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• How about some new things for miner's to find? I'm sure everyone would like it if we could dredge up some salt as well as stone. Not to mention the untapped potential of miner's pulling up gemstones for the (currently nonexistent) jeweller's trade. Of course, finding treasure chests and whatnot would be fun too. maybe a skeleton here or there.
        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Skeletons have been discovered by miners before - well, miner - who happened to be Drogo. Who somehow tunneled his way to the Center of the World, and discovered the massive pile of Things That Shall Not Be Seen Ever Again. mining salt would be nice! Or distilling it from saltwater...
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Really? thats fantastic. I'm envious. I'm sure I've spent at least as much time mining as him. Okay, maybe not, but still.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
              Skeletons have been discovered by miners before - well, miner - who happened to be Drogo. Who somehow tunneled his way to the Center of the World, and discovered the massive pile of Things That Shall Not Be Seen Ever Again. mining salt would be nice! Or distilling it from saltwater...
              That was hilarious... But also agree on the finding new things thing. Variety and such
              Last edited by Zinerva; 9 January 2014, 03:02 AM.
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
              bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
              Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
              You are 234 years old.
              The year is 456.
              Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                Finding the imperial dragons would also be amusing.
                You cannot comprehend the rage that flows through me every time someone says that.

The dragons revelled in the conflict, working together for the first time in a war that was nothing short of genocide.
                and

He knew that the dragons left unchecked would consume Akanbar totally.
                It's like you're dinosaurs and this huge meteor is hurling toward you. It hits the earth and wipes out so much of your kind that you begin starving and slowly dying off. And then you go "You know, that meteor did some damage, but that was a little whiles back and we were younger dinosaurs (admittedly at the peak of creativity, intelligence and power cough cough), but... I could really go for another meteor right now."
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                  You cannot comprehend the rage that flows through me every time someone says that.
                  Well there you go then, it won't be mentioned again.
                  You are 234 years old.
                  The year is 456.
                  Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                    Well there you go then, it won't be mentioned again.
                    Sorry. I kinda assumed it was a well-known Jaethor irk because of all the fire and brimstone I borrowed from Nakarym last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                      Sorry. I kinda assumed it was a well-known Jaethor irk because of all the fire and brimstone I borrowed from Nakarym last time.
                      I do wish you would find your own supplier, both are in such short supply on my end of the continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                        I do wish you would find your own supplier, both are in such short supply on my end of the continent.
                        He kind of does, with the brimstone in the inn next to the warden guild...
                        You are 234 years old.
                        The year is 456.
                        Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Here's a question to hopefully get this thread back on track (my fault it wasn't, sorry). Since we're having an auction right now, What are your thoughts? I completely understand not spending money on a free to play game, so if you have an aversion to auctions over that, not a problem.

What items would you like to see in future auctions? Try to keep that one simple (You know who you are) and within reason (again, you). We'd like to keep existing options on the board, but it never hurts to toss in a new one here and there.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm drawing a bit of a blank. But I've noted that the auctions almost instantly shoot up out of my price range. I don't mind spending money on a free to play game once in a while (especially one I've gotten as much enjoyment out of as Akanbar). Generally, once the price exceeds that of a new game at retail, I get a bit squeamish. I guess the auction items by their nature should be rare and not owned by more than a few. but... it seems a shame that those of us that can't afford to drop a hundred dollars or more get locked out so very quickly.

Comment

• I have to agree with Lawrence completely. I was willing to go up to 60 bucks... but 100$ for items that I know aren't going to make me feel like a god, just doesn't seem to justify it. I mean, I bought crystals... saved 50ish for an auction... but only ones I have seen are for cash value.

In terms of items, i am not sure I see the value in having customized weapons on an auction if they aren't going to be special? Isn't there a customization shop that can allow you to customize armour/weapons. Granted, I can't turn my bronze dagger into a kryllyian dagger of yadda yadda...

In terms of further items, I believe that the Auction items, should make one feel more powerful, isn't that the purpose of asking for cash? To pay an additional fee. I mean, i play other free games and those that pay for the extra stuff... gain gear that is... or otherwise would be impossible to achieve through other means. Kryllian weapons for example is the only current item I can think of. However, I am not going to pay $60 bucks for a set of Kryllian armour when I can pay $60 bucks for a new PS4 game that my wife just got me. Not to mention, once you are familiar enough, the value of Kryllian armour is just in the rarity of the ore, not in the cost of making it.

Idea: I'd like to see an auction that sells off multiple items... 20 items, all items are to be auctioned off at the same time. Meaning sure, if someone wants to buy them all, they can... but most people, Lawrence and I could bid on several items and know we will lose a few but win a few as well.

I think the most important thing to understand is this... the actual value of the things being placed on the auction. I mean, if these items were to have the power to change the world, I'd pay more for that... but items that I could come up with in the span of 20 minutes by just thinking of of cool items, doesn't arouse me as much.

Comment

• I cannot dispute either of you two, largely because I adopt a very similar mantra.

As for auction items packing more a punch, Zycandos very much prides himself on not turning Akanbar into a pay-to-play thing where the more money you throw at Akanbar, the bigger the advantage you have over someone who doesn't pay. Because of that, auction items won't really be things that give combat bonus over an item that you can purchase with fake-money. Instead, we either make it unique versions of normal things or cool non-combat things.

As for customization, aye, it exists, though for full customization of a longsword, it costs 250PC, which is about... $60 (I'm rounding). Auctions are, yes, largely about supporting Akanbar, but we're not wanting charity so much as you buy something cool and useful (the iridescent orb for instance).

Comment

Working...
                                X