Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And see, something cool like the iridescent orb, I would totally buy for $30 or $40, if not entirely because I feel its worth that, but because it is very cool, and because I love Akanbar, and do like to support it on occasion. Hell, I would happily work my way through almost every item on the auction list, if it was viable.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Yeast is fun. Tuuli want more. Tuuli grow Yeast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuuli View Post
        Yeast is fun. Tuuli want more. Tuuli grow Yeast?
        You should probably find yourself a healer, if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
          You should probably find yourself a healer, if so.
          Funny, I didn't think we were cooking with THAT. I think I just lost my appetite for bread forever.
          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• For a few months, on and off, I have been sorting through the old idea system. For note, though apparently a few players haven't caught on, do not use that system. I finally spent a large part of this past week finishing up the large task. After today, I hope to never access any ideas that way again and therefore, your ideas will be largely ignored if submitted there.

Those who know me know of my love of statistics (I do parties) and therefore I cannot help but share some with the no-doubt-eager public.

For sake of not inciting a riot, I will provide rough percentages rather than exact numbers, but I will say the number of ideas submitted was over a thousand and under a million.

Personal decisions on ideas1:
            Yes: 9.5%
            No: 68.3%
            Maybe: 12.3%
            Other: 9.9%

Ideas submitted multiple times: ~10%

Most Amusing Ideas
            1. have the harbourmaster appear at the brothel in baresh from time to time, buying crabs.
            2. a skill in rituals, vorakkar's midget, when chanted, a tiny man appears inside the great pentagram and gives you an enthusiastic double thumbs up
            3. Take aaaall of the Runesmiths. Kazgar too. Put them in a big, kryllian box. Raise the house in the sky ever so slowly, then send into the depths of the ocean.
            4. somewhere in the game, there ought to be a baboon.

Questions that will apparently earn you threats from female players
            1. Wait, so do female players actually want purses?
            2. Huh. Someone idead high heels... It's not thematically fitting, so it wouldn't get added, but you guys want those?

Favorite Ideas
            1. Well that would certainly spoil things, wouldn't it??

1 Does not reflect on Akanbar's overall decisions
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              [*]have the harbourmaster appear at the brothel in baresh from time to time, buying crabs.
              My boss gave me a funny look when I started laughing hysterically at my phone.

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              Wait, so do female players actually want purses?
              People still use them? Huh. I use my backpack. >_>

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
              Huh. Someone idead high heels... It's not thematically fitting, so it wouldn't get added, but you guys want those?
              This is Akanbar, not Akanbar's Next Top Model. Please no, would make it a pain to harvest organs.
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "99 akanbar bugs on the wall, 99 akanbar
              bugs, take one down, fix it, 124 akanbar bugs on the wall..."
              Insidious Shax is here, riding a wooden rocking horse.
              You are 234 years old.
              The year is 456.
              Numbeeeerssss....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinerva View Post
                People still use them? Huh. I use my backpack. >_>

This is Akanbar, not Akanbar's Next Top Model. Please no, would make it a pain to harvest organs.
                Those two ideas aren't really up for debate, it was more of a "I have no idea what to do, so let me ask the first female I see and have the fear of god instilled upon me."
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Meh. I use a purse. Mostly because I was tired of "Get 100 gold from pack" and getting all my gold ore out of my pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
                    Meh. I use a purse. Mostly because I was tired of "Get 100 gold from pack" and getting all my gold ore out of my pack.
                    Just for reference, the purse wasn't like... the existing purses. It was like http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/5...ag-stylish.jpg purse

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                      somewhere in the game, there ought to be a baboon.
                      Brilliant.
                      Although I thought at least half the people in the Black Legion could have easily been mistaken for baboons.
                      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Mining, specifically excavation. I always thought it was odd that you essentially had a cleanup crew following you around and charging you 50c for every single excavation. I feel like it would make more sense if it was deducted from the counting house. Any way we could make that a thing?

Comment

• For me, I'd rather quarrying to be removed, and stone to become an incidental 'ore' you have to haul away yourself. That way even if you wind up excavating another tunnel and don't find anything in it, at least you got stone.
                          Granted this would drive the price of stone way down, but it makes sense from a in-role view point.
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Thats actually a little brilliant.

Comment

• I'm not big on the thought of them deducting it straight from your accounts- that would mean strange mine workers (possibly mole-people) would be able to access my gold, and that sounds exceedingly bad.

What they are hauling off is "overburden"...or dirt...various debris, I'd assume, near the upper layers, and lots more dirt and stones further down. So, unless you want to stop and start shoveling it out yourself each room, it sort of makes sense.

As for quarrying, I feel like it is....well. It isn't in the same category as mining at all, really. Quarrying and mining are totally separate things...that's why it is it's own skill, and not a byproduct of another. Like panning...anyway.

I may be anti-change? I don't know. It mostly just makes sense to me how it is.

Comment

• Idea: Have the giant come out and terrorize the lands of Akanbar. Something like twice a year, and he only returns after he is killed. He could shout across the lands of his intentions, whether it be to lay waste to a village, find a small boy to feast on, or anything else. Would add a bit of variety to the already chaotic lands. I'd really love a the addition of a beast that takes a special interest in one village. It would be our decision to aid the village (Elysium) or kill the village (Golgonath) depending on our personal traits. Either way, the quest would grant influence within said village.

Any Village would word. Nisse for example. Some creature that loves to eat gnomes awakens only twice a year. For that short amount of time that the beast appears, all gnomes are defending themselves and attacking the beast. To walk in and witness it, would be much like walking in and seeing someone attacking the piranhas, but it would all be NPC driven. You'd then have the opportunity to pick the gnomes off one at a time while they are distracted, or aid the village in its defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X