Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
    How odd is it that you either imply that I was rude or not polite?
    Without getting into too much back and forth rubbish, the sentence where I mentioned being polite is supposed to be taken along with the sentence before it.

"Had you asked, I would have told you. Had you been both polite and inquisitive, you may well of been shown the shrine locations too." - It is merely saying, those who ask usually get told. Those who ask nicely and show an interest, often get told even more.

I was just talking possibilities. You did not get to even the first part, asking. I certainly wasn't trying to imply you asked impolitely, because you were not impolite.

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
    I see this going nowhere fast. At least, nowhere good.

HOWEVER, I have a question of my own. It may fall into the category of Things Dimetrius Really Shouldn't Be Asking, or Information Deemed Unsuitable For This Forum, but I ask regardless: When a mortal Ascends, are they able to negotiate when it comes to the name and realm of the new Divine, or is this all predetermined?
    On a lighter note, it doesn't fall into the TDRSBA or IDUFTF categories. Ascended mortals do have a degree of choice over both the name and realm. In keeping with what I said above, and what Jaethor clarified, I do believe that not everyone is capable of every role, so there is no way I'd try and force someone into a role that they wouldn't enjoy or would not do well.

Equally however, we obviously wouldn't want a situation where we had two patrons of Elysium and no patron of Golgonath. Therefore I would present the situation to whoever won and discuss it with them. Hopefully we could find a compromise, perhaps a role that isn't as defined as "Pure good" or "Pure evil". Mixtures are certainly possible. It would be a compromise, hopefully one that both sides agree to. Because I am a firm believer in "If someone doesn't like a role, they won't do well at it or stick with it". Sometimes, no negotiation is needed, sometimes we have a gap in the exact place a person wants.

Name, is usually up to the person who wins. I have to approve it, but there are few sensible suggestions that I would not approve of.

Comment

• I just have a quick question about the ascension quest. How Far in advance will the date be announced? I'd like to try and make sure I'm off to participate.
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• The 'quest' itself doesn't all take part at once; the Shrine competitions are handled individually over the period of a few weeks. The announcements for the coming competitions have ranged anywhere from a week in advance to a day, it all depends. The Shrine of Dreams, however, is one that you don't need to be present for, while the Shrine of Battle has an enrollment period before the actual event takes place.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• We try to make the quests slightly different each time, though the themes will usually remain the same. As for notice, we will where ever possible try to give a minimum of 1 week's notice.

Interestingly I just had a conversation with Jaethor about timing. He was reminding me about the time a poll was done to find the most popular day & time for events. Apparently the answer came back as friday evening. Which seems somewhat odd to me, as fridaty early evenings have historically always been our quietest times.

I suspect for the most part, where we time events we will be aiming for weekends. For short events we will probably aim for about 8PM - 9PM GMT. There's no perfect time, but this generally allows for people in most time zones to attend. It's mid afternoon in the US and early morning in Australia. For longer events, we would probably aim to start around 3PM GMT or slightly earlier, making it early morning in the US.

No time can suit all people unfortinately, so we just have to try and fit in with the majority.

Comment

• So just a quick question, I seem to remember some time ago when balance changed a it to were it was balance right arm, left arm. I know the left arm part is used for some brawling moves and shield slam, but what ever happened that? There was a lot of potential in that for brawling combos anyways. Figure it might make brawling a little more fun. Was just curious.
            Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
            2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
            Words to Live By:
            "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
            "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm trying to do these map things for Cifara in Travanok. I chose to do Kervoza at one point. I did all the locations I knew of, then all the locations on the map bought in Kervoza, and Cifara still said that it was not complete. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm trying to do these map things for Cifara in Travanok. I chose to do Kervoza at one point. I did all the locations I knew of, then all the locations on the map bought in Kervoza, and Cifara still said that it was not complete. Am I missing something?
                Yes. Kervoza is tricky. It's very do-able, however.
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Ischla'Os, on the other hand...so many unkind words for that place.

But really, what could you be missing in Kervoza? Unless it's also counting [REDACTED] for some bizarre reason, can't think of anything else.
                  Last edited by Dimetrius; 28 December 2012, 05:48 PM.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

• Try not to give hints or answers away in a public fashion as it tends to give away the answers to quests on the game and ruins the point.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I'm sorry. Corrected.

(I was totally right, wasn't I!)
                      Last edited by Dimetrius; 28 December 2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Another Cifara question, because I'm obsessed! Do the rankings go by areas done or total rooms covered? Is there a way that we could get a list of every area we've done without asking Cifara about each one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silas View Post
                          Another Cifara question, because I'm obsessed! Do the rankings go by areas done or total rooms covered? Is there a way that we could get a list of every area we've done without asking Cifara about each one?
                          Areas covered. I can add in areas you've done. That one I'm much more willing to do than the last request.

That sounds so foreboding. The last request.

Comment

• I'm noticing a theme here.. Why isn't someone (or Someone) Genie? I mean phenomenal cosmic power! itty bitty living space
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Well, we did almost have a Jasmine...who was then almost a Genie...but things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                                Well, we did almost have a Jasmine...who was then almost a Genie...but things.
                                By things, he means Jaethor felt bad about changing Lord Erebus's avatar.

Lord Zycandos, however, was 100% guilt free.

Don't tell Zycandos

Comment

Working...
                                X