No announcement yet.

Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe a guard can be killed three times before he will need replacing, don't quote me on this though.
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Each time the guard goes through the respawn timer there's a chance he won't spawn at all. So it's a roll of the dice each time you kill a guard, sometimes they lose the gear, sometimes they die entirely and take the gear with them. That's what i remember... it's posted somewhere.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Pyrok and Malic are correct in that guards randomly do not come back.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Why do the Mage Guards not act the same as the regular guards? As in, why do they never die off for good? That would surely be a nice change-up into the big picture?

To add to the new sort of dynamic it'd bring in that mage guards can only be reruited at max 2 a day compared to guards that can be recruited up to 10-15 a day. To run down that number, if you kill 18 guards a raiding trip....and if 2 happen to die off for good each time(highly unlikely, but still for test sakes.) A city can easily recruit that number of guards to make up for their loss guards. My second question is, what if after a raid on the towers, that all recruiting cannot be done until those towers reset?
          Last edited by David; 27 April 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Why do the Mage Guards not act the same as the regular guards? As in, why do they never die off for good? That would surely be a nice change-up into the big picture?

To add to the new sort of dynamic it'd bring in that mage guards can only be reruited at max 2 a day compared to guards that can be recruited up to 10-15 a day. To run down that number, if you kill 18 guards a raiding trip....and if 2 happen to die off for good each time(highly unlikely, but still for test sakes.) A city can easily recruit that number of guards to make up for their loss guards. My second question is, what if after a raid on the towers, that all recruiting cannot be done until those towers reset?
            I agree with this a lot, I mean lets say you did or COULD kill a cities gates. Lets march into the city, we can't always stay in the city to keep marching these armies so we end up being screwed in the long run just because the gate void of MAYBE 1-2 guards are going to come back. So these guards are brought back and the armies people tend to hold up in their barracks are used to then try and destroy said army. I think the chancing should be lowered a bit and Mage types should be put on the current system chancing. They shouldn't never die and it explains a lot of why there are so damn many in pretty much every city. I mean we are in what year now? Like 370? so we've had 15 months in each year (except for that one time the time flew by and passed as quickly as it did) anyways. using Davids numbers here thats, 11100 mages and only saying 10 guards a month its 55500 guards since the beginning with a rough 5% chance of a guard being lost from being killed or raided. The ONLY way I have seen that this could be 'corrected' is killing the serf/citizens of a city. but even then like it was said before you can hardly even sneak around a city disguised much less undisguised because of the massive amount of patrols that there are now.
            Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
            A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

So, I enjoy the sea fairing with the beasts in the sea as well as Mount Ijicen. Various other places like the prison... My question is what is up with the dungeon? I was having a lot of fun bashing there even when I was alone, it was a little hard to navigate through but ultimately was a hell of a lot funner than killing the heretic mansion for the umpteenth time. Is it going to come back? I know there are other more pressing issues than that place, but I have been curious cause it was up for a while there.

Comment

New Construct List

Other than the standard buildings the city could create before is everything else on subscriber or power crystal bought? Like can I do an 'add-on' to my current house without subscribing and what about these towers? particularly the small tower, I would love to had that to my house.

Comment

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                  Other than the standard buildings the city could create before is everything else on subscriber or power crystal bought? Like can I do an 'add-on' to my current house without subscribing and what about these towers? particularly the small tower, I would love to had that to my house.
                  No, you do not need to be a subscriber in order to use the Construst List. And no, you cannot add a Tower onto a building you currently own. Check the list. Only the ones with the (A) can be added to a building. Currently there are three add-on rooms: Foundry, Kitchen, and Garden. If I can direct your attention to Main Post 716, you will find the Lord Jaethor has actually explained the updates to the Construct List. If you have any further questions in regards to this, send me a TELL or MSG ingame, or PM me here.

EDIT: As stated in the post, Add-ons can only be added to a Subscription House, or to one of the buildings that require Power Crystals to be used in the making. Therefore, the 'Standard' buildings cannot have add-on rooms attached.
                  Last edited by Vriel; 14 May 2012, 11:45 PM.
                  You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                  Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                  You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

So, I enjoy the sea fairing with the beasts in the sea as well as Mount Ijicen. Various other places like the prison... My question is what is up with the dungeon? I was having a lot of fun bashing there even when I was alone, it was a little hard to navigate through but ultimately was a hell of a lot funner than killing the heretic mansion for the umpteenth time. Is it going to come back? I know there are other more pressing issues than that place, but I have been curious cause it was up for a while there.
                    It will be up in a few days (or a week). I am tweaking things. It is just a temporary out-of-order.

I believe My post answered those questions, but for sake of clarity, I will highlight the answers.
                    Lastly, at the moment, there are three buildings with "(A)" attached to the end of the building name. This signifies that it is an add-on room, meaning it can only be added to a preexisting building purchased with power crystals or a subscription.
                    Explanation: A small tower does not have a "(A)" afterward, therefore it is not an add-on. This means that you cannot add it on to anything. The second sentence explains that your building needs to be purchased with power crystals or a subscription, rendering your house useless in such a transaction.

I am unsure on what your first sentence means, though I will assume you are asking if everything on the list is bought with power crystals. If you look at the last column, you will see it is labelled with "Power Crystals". If there is a non-blank value in that column, it means the building on that row requires power crystals. If it is blank, the building requires 0 power crystals.
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I was wondering if having a pickaxe made from better ore would make it easier to mine, or if it really even mattered... I mean, would a kryllian pickaxe pry ores loose better than a copper pickaxe, or can I just be cheap and go with the crappy one?
                      You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
                      Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
                      You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
                      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
                      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

• Well that's mildly depressing.
                        Also thanks for clarifying those other posts.

Now, question.
                        Mount Ijicen? Is it only available through sailing or will that eventually be able to be gotten to via gating or what have you? The reason I ask is my ship has been stuck there for a while now and I don't see anyone loaning their ship to me to go get it considering theirs would then be stuck unless they road the 100+ co-ordinates with me at the two slowest speeds to avoid crashing and sinking both of us into the sea to be kraken food. I just want my ship back for the most part, I've got all the co-ordinates I need really other than for Ysallyra's port. Also, I noticed a ship on the co-ordinates of 0,0 and its a blue 's' not sure which city that would be or if its just someone sailing into the endlessness that is the sea. Just curious about that one, but ship and Ijicen!

Comment

• Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                          Well that's mildly depressing.
                          Also thanks for clarifying those other posts.

Now, question.
                          Mount Ijicen? Is it only available through sailing or will that eventually be able to be gotten to via gating or what have you? The reason I ask is my ship has been stuck there for a while now and I don't see anyone loaning their ship to me to go get it considering theirs would then be stuck unless they road the 100+ co-ordinates with me at the two slowest speeds to avoid crashing and sinking both of us into the sea to be kraken food. I just want my ship back for the most part, I've got all the co-ordinates I need really other than for Ysallyra's port. Also, I noticed a ship on the co-ordinates of 0,0 and its a blue 's' not sure which city that would be or if its just someone sailing into the endlessness that is the sea. Just curious about that one, but ship and Ijicen!
                          Mount Ijicen will not be accessible via gating nor other magical means.

Comment

• I'm really curious as to why the guard weapon stat's make no difference in damage done. Pastuleo and I did some testing and the stat's range from 1-5. Why wouldn't a weapon show a difference at least a little in that range if that's the only stats we have for them? Copper and iron don't have a huge difference in damage, I can understand because they are lesser ores, but if you are just going to suck as a smith I think even the guards weapons should show a little difference because of their stats. I understand that based off of the regular weapons that players use, a 5 point difference won't really yield any damage increase... all of this just seems a little odd to me. So, why a 5 point system if the difference doesn't matter?

Comment

• just wondering

I was just wondering... Why does one of the difficult monsters in the game only protect 5 gold? I mean seriously, you would think the hydra would be protecting some awesome treasure or entrance to something... Mordi has more gold in his cave AND items to boot. Make it worth while for hunting the hydra and people might actually take killing him into consideration.
                              Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Detahn View Post
                                I was just wondering... Why does one of the difficult monsters in the game only protect 5 gold? I mean seriously, you would think the hydra would be protecting some awesome treasure or entrance to something... Mordi has more gold in his cave AND items to boot. Make it worth while for hunting the hydra and people might actually take killing him into consideration.
                                I like that after you kill the hydra you can enter a hidden cave to face even more difficult monsters in hopes of finding more treasures!

Comment

Working...
                                X