Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bult View Post

Since when did brigands use toxins and whirl down shields?

And if this is a new version of the thief that shows up due to idling, I think it needs checking, because I wasn't idling, unless picking herbs counts now.
    Yes, new version of the thief and Yes very annoying even when were not idling. I agree they are super over powered in my opinion and they show up a lot.
    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Originally posted by Bult View Post

A brigand steps out from behind a tree before you, an arrow levelled at your
      chest.
      You cannot go that way.
      2752/3160h 395/395m > prepare faith

A brigand swings an iron longsword at you, cutting a long gash across your
      thigh, blood seeps from the wound.
      You prepare a rune for invoking.
      2460/3160h 395/395m u>
      You have recovered balance.
      2460/3160h 395/395m > invoke

Your resilience is shaken.
      outscrip wormwood
      apply wormwood
      You invoke the runes.
      A translucent aura of protection forms about you.
      2460/3160h 395/395m u>
      You carefully remove a portion of dried wormwood from your healer's scrip.
      2460/3160h 395/395m u>
      You crush a portion of dried wormwood between your fingers, rubbing the sap
      that flows out into your skin.
      You rub the wormwood into your skin, and it appears to counteract the
      stinkhorn.
      2460/3160h 395/395m u>
      With a snarl a brigand rips apart your translucent aura of protection.

Since when did brigands use toxins and whirl down shields?

And if this is a new version of the thief that shows up due to idling, I think it needs checking, because I wasn't idling, unless picking herbs counts now.
      I'm not sure how I see this as overpowered. 300 damage on someone with 3000 health is nothing. One toxin on a swing is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
        I'm not sure how I see this as overpowered. 300 damage on someone with 3000 health is nothing. One toxin on a swing is nothing.
        No, it's a minor inconveince to larger member who can cure, leap out, circle, So on. Different world for smaller members.

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
          No, it's a minor inconveince to larger member who can cure, leap out, circle, So on. Different world for smaller members.
          Yes, but it's not like everyone will get the same strength on their thief. They, like the random brigands, are tailored to your level/skills. So, smaller, less powerful person gets a smaller, less powerful thief/brigand.
          You shout "Hello, fifty hens?"
          Fifty hens shouts, "Muhahaha"
          You scream, "Eeeeeppp!", in terror.
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Your smithing is terrible, it seems."
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Pff. Your grammar are fine."

Comment

I had one such experience with the 'over-powered' thief in question... At the time I truly didn't wish to deal with him seeing as I wasn't idling and was waiting for other things to appear within the land. I literally had to go to the Glad of life before it would leave me alone. I tried to attack it with the a death rune... and although I know i could have killed it, would have taken much too long for my patience at the time.

What annoyed me though, was that I literally had to throw runic fragments all the way to the Glade of Life. It would always enter before i got balance preventing me from just ... running away as it were.

A very annoying inconvenience. I actually only encountered this super thief/brigand when I hit Unsurpassable in all my skills, so it might just be relevant to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vriel View Post
              Yes, but it's not like everyone will get the same strength on their thief. They, like the random brigands, are tailored to your level/skills. So, smaller, less powerful person gets a smaller, less powerful thief/brigand.
              Eh, possibly I was a bit jaded over having to fight the thing with no benefit. It takes a long time to kill this thing, and he does pop up even if you are not idling.

Comment

Survival is not a benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                  Survival is not a benefit?
                  No it's not. You can't turn it in for a reward or any political gain. So no benefit to beating the thief up. So frustrating. </sarcasm>
                  Let's make 'em scream

Comment

The thief isn't random. If he's attacking you, you've pissed Someone off.
                    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                      The thief isn't random. If he's attacking you, you've pissed Someone off.
                      Haha, Now that I can believe!

Comment

You should. It's true.
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

So, when did it become not okay to attack someone marching guards with the OBVIOUS intent of killing you?

Sort of annoyed with yet another secretive change to policy, wondering when there's going to be a bit of documentation before the rug gets pulled out from someone's feet again.
                          Last edited by Dimetrius; 9 April 2012, 02:19 PM.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                            wondering when there's going to be a bit of documentation before the rug gets pulled out from someone's feet again.
                            Agreed on the Documentation, I think the Jumping rules need to be more clarifying. I was under the impression that I was jumped for a legitimate reason. What I can see though is David had Aurina jump me, a person I was not attempting to kill at the least. I was coming to her aide. Which could be seen has breaking the rules.

Comment

Yeah, no. That's just called 'tact', which should not be disallowed no matter how unexpected. I can't count a single rule that was broken. (But then again, how could you when they're never written down, and change on a weekly basis)

I recall a certain someone pulling a similar stunt, turning on their citymates in the middle of a raid. I don't remember them having a guild weapon suspended by the opposing patron, or getting branded with a disfavour, for that.

Comment

While I was trying to avoid commenting on this, I feel that perhaps I should now. The situation was discussed with both Lady Ilessa as well as Lord Zycandos and agreed upon that it was an illegal attack. An attack by a defending citizen is not an attack until contact is made. This has been consistent throughout the game's history and is not the result of any bias against anyone.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X