No announcement yet.

OOC in public places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should probably be a full on rule that you don't go ooc around others. This is because one person can destroy the atmosphere for anyone trying to roleplay. Unless you are in a group where all parties agree upon it.

Comment

Akanbar is roleplay encouraged, not mandatory. Could just act like the person is spouting nonsense or has some new disease ( here take some chervil should clear that right up!)
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

I think the idea is that everyone should at least be attempting to roleplay
        Last edited by Alearis; 27 March 2010, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Try that roleplay reward system nobody uses anymore. I think you can rate them for bad roleplay or something.

Comment

Well, the main problem with that is that if RP rewards are as they are now, RP scoldings would be just as useless (no offense, admin). If the RP rewards had substance, then say Chyren and Dimetrius dance the horizontal tango, who's to say mudsex isn't roleplay? So we'd get mudwhores with top RP rewards.

Secondly, say Golgonath and Itikul, the fourth city, are going to war. Itikul is a horrible city RP-wise, but the RP rewards boosts crystal accumulation by 10% for the next month, so they suddenly start emoting like mad, even if they're horrible emotes. They're not emoting for the enjoyment of it, but just for prizes that help them in battle. If a God asks for a log, they have the log. It's not like a God'll say "oh. These emotes suck. Denied". It'd be like telling a kid their macaroni picture frame sucked (IT WAS AWESOME, OKAY?).

So for RP scolding (or whatever you'd call it), it'd be pretty much the same, but reversed. If Golgonath and Itikul are at war, chances are Itikul is going to RP scold the hell out of Golgonath, even for little things that are OK in normal muds. Askalsknd. I want to go to bed. Night.
            Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
            You say, "Ready? Ready?"
            You say, "Go get it!"
            You throw a light crystal to the up.
            You have recovered balance.
            Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
            Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

RP shouldn't need a kudos system.

Comment

Hey Dime, she said, 'CABIN TIME!' - To which I reply, 'Lesgo'.

Comment

The reward system still exists, but as far as I know, bad ratings are still disabled.
                  Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Yea, but aren't the good ratings useless?
                    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                    You say, "Go get it!"
                    You throw a light crystal to the up.
                    You have recovered balance.
                    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Roleplay points may or may not have an effect.

There are rumors that they increase the amount health potions do, or that they increase crystal gain rate.

Nothing's been confirmed or denied, so they might not do anything at all.

I just like having them!!

-strokes his ten roleplay points-

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

They don't work, but it is mostly a way of showing appreciation, for someone's role-play,
                        Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Maybe you just need more to notice it?

Your new sig made me smile, by the way.
                          Last edited by Dimetrius; 28 March 2010, 09:46 AM. Reason: Because.

Comment

What? Why did that make you smile?
                            Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Because it's actually insightful, and not 'stabby stab stab' nonsense.

It's a nice change.

Either way, personal conversations are personal.

Comment

Yeah, but yours is nonsense, Pyrok has fungus? We all knew anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X