This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alaxandria View Post
    Could there be some sort of noticeboard for messaging? I've notice lately a lot of the messages I send end up being 4 or 5 messages long, because the current system is unable to support long messages. Maybe even if we actually wrote our message on a piece of parchment for the messenger to deliver?
    I'd love this actually. Re-vamp the Messenger system. I mean, we need coin in our hand to send the message, yet we never lose any coin when we send a message. I'd like to see that added. Maybe a bonus coin be offered to the messenger for faster delivery. Otherwise a normal message might take 2- 5 hours? I mean, some people use the messaging system for a means to avoid Forsaken. Should messages be used for such? I mean, meh... I like the idea above as well. Just my two cents

Comment

• 2-5 hour delivery of a message is never going to be used by anyone, ever. I'll strike that part down first.

Secondly, I would wholly support parchment (and/or scroll) delivery as a sort of mail system, but that does not mean it will be happening.

Not going to touch the Forsaken point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
        2-5 hour delivery of a message is never going to be used by anyone, ever. I'll strike that part down first.

Secondly, I would wholly support parchment (and/or scroll) delivery as a sort of mail system, but that does not mean it will be happening.

Not going to touch the Forsaken point.
        Agreed. Just to add to it, in all likelyhood, I'm going to remove the gold requirement unless Zycandos objects.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I was just thinking that it might be cool if during the winter months, a weather system could be implemented where snow actually is on the floor. Not like near Firthong Pass. I don't wish for it actually inhibit movement, more or less just track it.

"A pristine layer of white snow coats the surrounding area."
          "The surrounding area is covered by a white blanket of snow, though the distinct trail of a horse and his rider have passed through this area."
          "The subtle footprints of a horse can be detected just under the fresh layer of snow."
          "So heavy is the traffic, the once pristinly white landscape is tarnished by mud and slush."

Anyways, i think the point is made? This is maybe a small feature that could be added to give a better sense of realism? I'd even like to see the occasional hot breath be exhaled in the winter. Even just standing, a random, game generated exhale. Meh.

Comment

• Emote foggy breath.... >.>;

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
              Emote foggy breath.... >.>;
              I knew I liked you for a reason.

Comment

• Yeah, i was just making the point that the months go by and nobody really seems to notice. Maybe it is different for those who have skills that would logically be affected by the weather, like farmers. The only way 'I' have noticed winter is when I try and pass Firthong pass without a mount or without levitation. And even that, is just a minor inconvenience. What I purposed was more or less to be a constant reminder. Even something that could be used to track an enemy in spars or NPC's who like to run away.

Another idea, even though I know said idea is not on the scope of interest, add some glaciers to the sea during Winter time.

Edit: Rivers could freeze over. Making the Piranha inaccessible or making the pathway less dangerous.
                Last edited by Kaal; 12 March 2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Weather doesn't affect farming nearly as much as you logically might think. Seasons affect farming, mainly. Weather is one of those things that alters my roleplay and clothing at all times of the year, so...I tend to notice it regardless.

You should pay attention to your surroundings more, maybe? Weather and Date can tell you a lot, as well as, what are they, ambient prompts? I don't know if it snows in the jungle/the desert, either...I'd bet that location plays a role into weather, though, if it was that noticeable of a change in climates.

I kind of fancy the idea of icebergs, though...if it was implemented well.

Comment

• Weather also plays into whether or not you're freezing. Maybe one day I'll make it more noticeable, but it's not quite something that piques my interest yet.
                    Originally posted by Shax View Post
                    I kind of fancy the idea of icebergs, though...if it was implemented well.
                    You don't mean seasonal icebergs, right?
                    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                      You don't mean seasonal icebergs, right?
                      I mean permanent ones, in colder regions. Visible on seamaps, but only to the extent that you could see the caps of them, since they are so much larger beneath the water- consider it an ocean obstacle.
                      Last edited by Shax; 14 March 2014, 04:50 AM. Reason: Grawwwwrrr

Comment

• Tuuli make ship.
                        Tuuli name ship "The Kryllianic".
                        Tuuli never sink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuuli View Post
                          Tuuli make ship.
                          Tuuli name ship "The Kryllianic".
                          Tuuli never sink.
                          ...That's what the last person said about ships and icebergs, Tuuli.

Comment

• Gates of Ysallyra
                            You begin to struggle southwards, the heavy snow hindering your progress.
                            :::::::::{S}:::{ }:::{S}::::::::::::
                            ::::::::: ! ::: ! ::: ! ::::::::::::
                            :::{S}---{ }---{ }---{ }---{C}::::::
                            ::::::::: ! :X: ! :X: ! ::::::::::::
                            :::{S}---{ }---{ }---{ }---{S}::::::
                            :::::::/: ! ::: ! ::: ! :\::::::::::
                            :::{S}:::{S}:::{x}:::{S}:::{S}::::::
                            ::::::::::::::: ! ::::::::::::::::::
                            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                            Can I have a snow shovel, please? I may just hibernate during Winter...
                            Last edited by Shax; 15 March 2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                              Can I have a snow shovel, please? I may just stop playing in Winter...
                              There is a much, much simpler solution to this problem of yours.

Comment

• Horse/harmony.

I don't ride a horse all winter long, and I don't waste runes that require stone for silly things like this.
                                Hibernation is fairly simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X