No announcement yet.

Idle Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion if two-handed weapons had a "shieldslam" skill it would somewhat offset the balance. Because Honestly Shield slam is useful even if the person has steadfast up. Either you get 6 seconds while they throw the defense back up or they chose not to and you get a impale on your next slam. I don't think two-handed weapons need that.

Edit: Was so busy reading and thinking on pyrok's post I forgot to post my own idle thought.

What if we changed the crystal gaining to something else? Something you had to do/achieve. Possibly trade gold for crystals? This would help with the Idiling/ to much gold issue. Because I know the divine are cracking down on Idlers, but it feels like they are just cracking on certain people not everyone. I think it would bring more activity to the lands as well seeing as how you would need to work to gain your levels in skills.

However it would probably raise more issues like people giving each other gold to buy crystals to make a super powered Novice and so on. Though this could probably help if there was a certain amount of crystals you could buy on a level achieved basis. Was just a idle thought, love to hear feedback on it.
    Last edited by Oskar; 8 April 2012, 02:08 AM.
    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

This is more along the lines of 'Wouldn't it be cool if....'. Less Ideas thread, more daydreaming.

These are 'ideas' that are mildly ridiculous in nature, or extremely unlikely to be implemented (read: even more ridiculous) but still entertaining to think about.
      I know it is mildly, if not massively unbalancing. That's why it's in this thread, and not in the Ideas thread. But to entertain this further I will alter it to an earlier version I had that is even more ridiculous, but isn't as unbalancing.

Instead of knocking down my target/opponent, knock a person out of the room, deal a neglibible amount of damage (bleeding level damage) and stun them briefly. Granted I still won't be able to impale them, but now it's gone from a setup skill to a crowd control skill, useful in raids. Kind of like a reverse lariot.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
        I know it is mildly, if not massively unbalancing. That's why it's in this thread, and not in the Ideas thread. But to entertain this further I will alter it to an earlier version I had that is even more ridiculous, but isn't as unbalancing.

Instead of knocking down my target/opponent, knock a person out of the room, deal a neglibible amount of damage (bleeding level damage) and stun them briefly. Granted I still won't be able to impale them, but now it's gone from a setup skill to a crowd control skill, useful in raids. Kind of like a reverse lariot.
        Agreed! I was just trying to have a conversation about it because things have slowed down

Comment

And i was merely fiercely defending my territory on it. No need to get all sad face about it, heh.
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Then stop making me feel sad face! Jaethor does it enough!

Comment

Well if your considering thinking about hard blood weapons, what about shadows? shadow shields, blades, ect made out of shadow would be rather... awsome, just outting that out thier

Comment

Being able as a member of the Black Legion to craft my own weapons... out of the bones of my slain enemies. Granted it'd tick off the smith crafters slightly, but it'd fit somewhat with Golgonian guilds being largely self contained as far as weapons and defenses go. Forsakens get their own armour and weapons through their skills. Pyromancers only need to get a 'few' corpses to fuel their combat/defense skill... so why not have a ritual were we convert/forge several corpses into a weapon?
                Different corpses, and different amounts of corpses, would yield different weapons, basically it'd be alot like smithing, just with the bodies of villagers, wyverns and dwarves.
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Being able to look at the who list before deciding which character to login as... Nuff said.
                  Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaxandria View Post
                    Being able to look at the who list before deciding which character to login as... Nuff said.
                    Unfortunately I think that could be too easily abused by people with alts
                    You lunge at Jaethor, God of Enlightenment, viciously biting his shoulder,
                    causing him to cry out in pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylpha View Post
                      Unfortunately I think that could be too easily abused by people with alts
                      yeah, I liked the idea of seeing who is on before logging on, but I can see where that can get abusive. 'oh this shady person is on by him/herself, let me get on this person and catch him stealing so I can massacre him/her.' or something similar to this.
                      Last edited by Seig; 2 October 2012, 02:03 AM. Reason: gender neutrality
                      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                      Words to Live By:
                      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Using the script discussed in this article here, could it be possible for certain gods to script "religions" that influence players outside of Akanbar?
                        I can sense some kind of hilarity here.
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                          Using the script discussed in this article here, could it be possible for certain gods to script "religions" that influence players outside of Akanbar?
                          I can sense some kind of hilarity here.
                          That's creepy.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                          X