Idle Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Thoughts

No. This is not a thread about idlers. or idling 'techniques'.

This is more along the lines of 'Wouldn't it be cool if....'. Less Ideas thread, more daydreaming.

These are 'ideas' that are mildly ridiculous in nature, or extremely unlikely to be implemented (read: even more ridiculous) but still entertaining to think about.

A thought I've had since this morning after reading all the 'Forsakens need truestrike plz' posts is to do with the formation of the claws/talons.
    Basic rationalizations:
    Claws and talons are formed from the bones in the forearm/hand area, and if we go by the little symbol the guild gets on Akanbar's website: they come out like Wolverine's claws.

Personally, I think its more along the lines of it distorts the lower forearm and finger bones to look more like claws/talons. It's easier to change what is already there than to add something... like bone growth. The painful distortions come from the finger-bones lengthening.
    --
    That being said, IF that's more the case it wouldn't be much of a stretch in my mind to have my symbiote change my whole arm into something... such as a sword, or form a mace out of the bone of my limbs.

I had other idle ideas but I can't remember them now.
    Let's make 'em scream

Hah,
    ex pyrok
    He has a hardened blood shield as a left hand. He has a hardened blood mace as his right hand.

Hmm...
    I think that shaman's/pyros/wardens should be able to use their guild armor to buff up other guilds armor. Maybe not to the extent that it gives us, but maybe like having an extra shield?

Also, can I get stoneskin as one of my earlier skills please, not one of the last?
    Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

While I realize this is implausible, I wish I could emote with my shadow from far away. like make it do things without me having to stand beside it.
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Unfortunately, Pyromancers are chief in having something to emote for them.

I was going to suggest something for Shadows, but...it really wouldn't make much sense.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Since when do Shadows make sense anyway?

Personally, I think Shadows should be able to damage people. 'nodnod'

Comment

Originally posted by zion View Post
            Since when do Shadows make sense anyway?

Personally, I think Shadows should be able to damage people. 'nodnod'
            shadows should come with your very own shadow beast. -droolsss-

Words to Live By:

Comment

I have to keep reminding myself of the purpose of this thread...

I think it'd be interesting if dodge worked on runesmith display skills.
              Rationale: You can see the rune being brought up, its not sleight of hand. So why not just... turn your head, avert your gaze. It's not like they've got a strangle hold on you, and jamming the rune under your nose.

So it'd probably go like this:
              Ashrabia tries to show you a rune of life, but you quickly avert your gaze.

Now, alot of people are going to go: OMFG THAT BREAKS TEH GUILD/GAME BALANCE. Actually it kind of doesn't. They can still invoke it on me. Nothing stops them from doing that to me. Granted it completely negates one of their skills, but so what? It doesn't cripple them as a guild. It's not like there isn't a way to completely negate certain aspects of people's abilities. Dodge completely negates any grapple related moves, and the ice chains skill. So what's the harm in negating what is essentially just a perk skill?
              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Pacting in Rituals grants you three undead demon warriors served to protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Pacting in Rituals grants you three undead demon warriors served to protect you.
                  I think in general this is a good idea for a new guild. Necromancers. A guild where you'd learn to call hellish like beasts from the depths of the world. Each level or subsequent creature that you learn to summon focuses on one area of combat. Early creatures would focus on helping the individual hunt. Later creatures would focus on spars and afflictions. Each level could increase the maximum number of creatures that the Necromancer could command at any one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                    I have to keep reminding myself of the purpose of this thread...

I think it'd be interesting if dodge worked on runesmith display skills.
                    Rationale: You can see the rune being brought up, its not sleight of hand. So why not just... turn your head, avert your gaze. It's not like they've got a strangle hold on you, and jamming the rune under your nose.

So it'd probably go like this:
                    Ashrabia tries to show you a rune of life, but you quickly avert your gaze.

Now, alot of people are going to go: OMFG THAT BREAKS TEH GUILD/GAME BALANCE. Actually it kind of doesn't. They can still invoke it on me. Nothing stops them from doing that to me. Granted it completely negates one of their skills, but so what? It doesn't cripple them as a guild. It's not like there isn't a way to completely negate certain aspects of people's abilities. Dodge completely negates any grapple related moves, and the ice chains skill. So what's the harm in negating what is essentially just a perk skill?
                    not that I don't mind this, cause I hate the eternity rune, but completely taking away display kills all the greater runes I think. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is a way to inbag greater runes and invoke them.

Words to Live By:

Comment

Not to mention the cost of being a runesmith... Some of the greater runes cost in excess of 1 gold each. Eternity exceeding that by far. However, that doesn't mean that I don't disagree with the idea completely. What I'd suggest is a skill similar to duck. Forcing your eyes closed or averting your eyes away for a few seconds... 1-2 seconds would mean that it'd take some skill. I don't know.

Comment

Or if the opponent is blind? Shouldn't that logically nullify the display skill?
                        A presence has rewarded you with his favour.

Zycandos, God of Creation tells you, "For bothering to be interesting!"

Comment

Lol logic.

Comment

I don't quite understand why runes need to be negated.....they are quite fine the way they are now. The only thing I don't quite understand was how they attack through shields.

Comment

I understand there are -much- better alternatives to what i'm about to propose, and even a skill that should you be quick enough to use it, can definitely ruin someone's day.

I'm making it a point to use two-handed weapons on a regular basis, partly for the damage potential, and partly due to the oddball factor that it comes with. I'm fine with the current trade off: More damage out put, more damage input. I'm fine with that, that's the point of the 'berserker' setup (or glass cannon).

This brings me to my idle thought: Could it be possible, the pummel skill aside, to be able to shove people with my two handed weapon? Basically a shieldslam without having a shield? A lot of these weapons are either heavy (bastardsword, greataxe) in nature, or have a rather long pole (pike, halberd) to them. I just don't like the idea of missing out on a versatile skill.
                              True, I could just stop what i'm doing and go back to the standard sword and shield approach but that's what everyone else is doing currently. It just bothers me to see these weapons be made, or even available to be made, if by using them you eliminate a greater portion of your skills.
                              Kind of like a comment i made a long time ago to a divine: "Why do we have knowledge to use whips if there are no whips to be had?" Yes i could go my entire life without using a whip, but why teach me the skill? that's like handing me a Gameboy but then refusing to give me batteries.
                              ...I've turned my idle thought into a rant. I'm gonna stop here.
                              Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                              X