• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time again. Goooo August!

Comment

Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
      Goooo August!
      Too soon, man. Not cool.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
        Too soon, man. Not cool.
        It is not? TMS reset hours ago.

OH. No. It's never too early, wake up and get your head in the game!

OH. I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING.
        Last edited by Nakarym; 2 August 2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

New month. Vote Akanbar!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuuli View Post
            New month. Vote Akanbar!
            WOO!

[additional text due to unforgiving character limit]

Comment

Tuuli want you...
              To vote Akanbar!

(One day late. *sob*)

Comment

New month! Vote Akanbar!

Comment

Howdy kiddies,

Uncle Jaethor here. We've just obtained an ad and a little... icony thing next to Akanbar's name (It was free, ok?) on TopMudSites.com, but the glorious icon will be for naught unless we get Akanbar up in rankings. We're currently 41, which is great given the lapse, but let's aim to get us in the latter 20's. Naturally, the higher we get, the harder it is to jump up a rank, so let's try hard and see what we can get.

In the past, advertising has brought in new players just as jumping up in ranks brings in new players. Synergy. So, let's put on our best I-swear-we're-not-monsters masks and help out the novices. Don't tell a novice what to do explicitly (unless it's just a simple command), but guide them through it. And for the love of god, stop dragging them along on quest runs on day one.

Signed,

Uncle Jaethor
                  Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Also, and this is just my two cents... because I know how I vote, you can actually change your IP really easily and vote a couple of times a day without any really challenge... but it is in a way cheating, of course me being who I am, I don't mind challenging the system. We need a stronger player base, I'll play by myself even if no one else cares. I do however care about Akanabar and I hope that even if you all aren't upkeeping on your own players, you can at the very least vote. Obviously for the few playing other MUDs, they probably don't need the votes... but you all can appreciate where you started or at the very least gained the appreciation. So VOTE! This is the world we are speaking to, make it known that there is something, at the very least. 40's? We deserve the 20s at the least, even without anyone to play with.... comeee onnnn peopleee
                    Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                    A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
                      Also, and this is just my two cents... because I know how I vote, you can actually change your IP really easily and vote a couple of times a day without any really challenge... but it is in a way cheating, of course me being who I am, I don't mind challenging the system.
                      Do Not Do This.

Comment

And for the love of god, stop dragging them along on quest runs on day one.
                        This. This was the "complaint" my girlfriend had when I finally convinced her to play Akanbar. Yes, she got a lot of levels, had great skill ranks BUT, had no idea how to use them, was always getting lost, and had no real clue what was going on. It was part of the reason why she stopped playing, the other part was the headaches she'd get from trying to adjust to the text flow, which again leads into the whole 'don't drag them on quest runs on day one'.

Edit: Oh and if anyone's wondering what in the world possessed me to not help my girlfriend? She joined Elysium, and everyone knows of my long standing tradition of getting myself enemied to them on a regular basis. (I rather like the ring of Enemy of the Republic, for some reason) and thus me talking to her would've likely gotten her in trouble and probably had someone bothering me too. Was I disappointed at her joining Elysium? No, she wanted to be a Storm Warden the minute she found out about the dragons.
                        Last edited by Pyrok; 13 November 2013, 05:23 AM.
                        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Well, there goes my 3 votes a day... I've been trying to help since day 1. Cheating isn't winning?
                          I'm not sure I understand the logic, granted... this being an open forum and me -openly- posting what I have been doing to ensure that Akanbar get's ahead in votes, isn't exactly 'smiled' upon. I'll do my only 1 vote a day.
                          Unless we get a player base, no one is going to vote.
                          Right now, at -any- given time, at the very most I'll see 5 people around the realms.
                          Ysallyra is dead, outside of perhaps 1 person.
                          Elysium, random new people and a self entitled brat.
                          Golgonath, 'oh new guild, yayyyy'....
                          I love Akanbar, but how are we supposed to get ahead without the votes? At least on TMS
                          Last edited by roeshak; 13 November 2013, 05:32 AM.
                          Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                          A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Well, there goes my 3 votes a day... I've been trying to help since day 1. Cheating isn't winning?
                            I'm not sure I understand the logic, granted... this being an open forum and me -openly- posting what I have been doing to ensure that Akanbar get's ahead in votes, isn't exactly 'smiled' upon. I'll do my only 1 vote a day.
                            Unless we get a player base, no one is going to vote.
                            Right now, at -any- given time, at the very most I'll see 5 people around the realms.
                            Elysium, random new people and a self entitled brat.
                            Golgonath, 'oh new guild, yayyyy'....
                            I love Akanbar, but how are we supposed to get ahead without the votes? At least on TMS
                            How often can I vote?
                            Your vote will count only once every 12 hours. For the most part, the script will stop someone from inflating their votes. If I catch you cheating such as using open proxies, I'll give you a warning, then suspend you, then ban you from the list. The integrity of this site is based on the fact that cheating will not get you to the top, and that the rankings are as fair as they can be.
                            Taken from http://www.topmudsites.com/rules.shtml

Players from my site are trying to cheat. I can't control their actions
                            Much like a parent, you are responsible for what your little ones do. Make it well-known on your site/game that you will take measures against any player who is trying to cheat this system, and that it can only end up hurting the mud instead of helping it.
                            Same source.

You cheat = we get in trouble.

There are a dozen and one ways for you to improve Akanbar and attract new players, none of which include cheating. If the playerbase of Akanbar cannot get to rank X without cheating then no, we don't deserve rank X. Cheating and then telling everyone not only that you cheat, but helping them to cheat, will only cause us problems and do a lot more harm than good.

Yes, the top muds on TMS cheat. It's a well known fact, but maybe it's my inner Elysian, but I'm sure Zycandos would VERY MUCH agree with me in saying that Akanbar is not one of those muds and Akanbar will not cheat.

Comment

Ysallyra not dead.
                              Tuuli vote everyday.

Comment

I do, of course, completely agree with Lord Jaethor. While it is flattering in a way that you would go to those lengths to help Akanbar, it obviously isn't something we can condone, and therefore must advise against it. The rules are the rules, and even if others don't abide by them, we really should.

Comment

Working...
                                X