No announcement yet.

Rank the Guilds -Challenges 1v1-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not shocked at all to see the Pyromancers that low. In fact, I was expecting to see them grouped with the Merchant classes,
    ahem. It's iffy territory, comparing Pyromancers with the rest of the guilds. The skills aren't terrible, there just really isn't an
    effective way to use them unless you already have some sort of advantage over your opponent. We have our perks, but we're
    also somewhat limited, points of which have been addressed in earlier posts. The way I see it, the Pyromancers are meant more
    for support than toe-to-toe offense. Problem is, though, both of the other mage guilds are perfectly able to hold their own
    without assistance.

Maybe the lot of us suck, and haven't found what works best. That's a lot harder to say than, 'Oh, the guilds are unbalanced,' but
    eh. I'm not professing myself to be any sort of combatant in the first place. It is what it is.
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Toughest Pyro I've fought was probably Leyil. I was a full unsurp Templar fighting him over a river and he *still* managed to outdamage me. I only won because he lagged out for a couple seconds.

Only other pyro who killed that fast was Estelle, who melted Ichiban in a couple seconds. And I've never seen Malic in a challenge since he never had interest in dueling.

Every other Pyro I've fought or seen since then... were not very impressive. No idea what Leyil did behind all those fireballs to make his damage stack so high.
      Last edited by Joscelin; 31 January 2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
        Toughest Pyro I've fought was probably Leyil. I was a full unsurp Templar fighting him over a river and he *still* managed to outdamage me. I only won because he lagged out for a couple seconds.

Only other pyro who killed that fast was Estelle, who melted Ichiban in a couple seconds. And I've never seen Malic in a challenge since he never had interest in dueling.

Every other Pyro I've fought or seen since then... were not very impressive. No idea what Leyil did behind all those fireballs to make his damage stack so high.
        Your resilience might not have been unsurpassable back then? I just think as a whole Pyromancers like Dime said are the greatest support guild, I'd rather have a Pyromancer in a raid with me before I'd pick any other guild. Get them 1v1 though and it's never a good thing for the Pyromancer, and here is why in my book.

90% of challenges nowadays are done around the central crossroads, even if the most skillful challenger wants to take it somewhere else it usually ends up back at the crossroads. Pyromancers deal 515 damage on contact with their fireball, they often rely on the stack burning damage to get their opponents. Anybody with an ounce of intelligence will use the water nearby the crossroads to bypass the Pyromancer their fire damage advantage. This mixed ontop of if the Pyromancer does in fact get their opponent low....their opponent has a variety of options. A.) Run B.) If icewalled, spam faiths until healed then attack and kill the Pyromancer because they can't escape via icewalls or C.) Run again.

On the flip side in a raid/city raid/marching situation Pyromancers are just outstanding. Most the time led by a Legion with impede so the opponent can escape that fire damage mixed in with well timed snakes and summoning makes them unique in these situations. In a raiding situation...again the Pyromancer has no match.
        To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Working...
        X