Rank the Guilds -Challenges 1v1-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the Guilds -Challenges 1v1-

Though my years of fighting in and out of guilds, I have decided to formulate a list of what I believe to be the order of strongest challenge fighting guilds to the weakest.

1.) Wardens- I think their true potential is through the roof and even though my playing time as one was very limited, their damage output is undeniable. A warden just should never die in a challenge, the only issue is actually getting the opponent down and suckering them into a room of icewalls, clouds,dragon,etc...
    Throw in their ability to remove toxin powders from Assassins, a powerful Warden should never find themselves in a tricky position.

2/3.) Legion/Templars- Where Legions make up in damage output, Templars make up in outhealing their opponents. Most of my fights as a Legion versus a Templar are long and tiresome, but some of the best fights I've ever had. I would probably lean towards giving the Legion the slight edge over the Templar because their ability to just pump raw damage at their foes with Rituals.

4.) Assassins- The ability to win any challenge with very little skill needed to accomplish. Most Assassins are granted rubs instead of learning for themselves nowadays which makes it very simple for anyone to just plug in a rub and throw a few powders in the air to dominate even the top tier fighters. The reasoning why they are number four is because it is very hard for them to manage their healths while trying to achieve the constant afflictions needed to achieve a victory.

5.) Runesmiths- The wild card guild in my opinion, it's been a very long time since this guild has seen any action so I am sure most people have forgotten how useful they can be. They have the ability to disable any guild, but it often relies on RL factors such as internet connection speed versus their oppnents on landing the deadly eternity rune. Extremely pricey, but if mastered the Runesmith can easily become the deadliest guild.

6.) Shadow Warriors- Unlike their counterpart melee classes, the Warriors don't have extra damage or extra healing to rely on, instead they must rely on their shadows to escape damage and chase their oppnents down. Often a Shadow Warrior is the hardest guild to slay because of their ability to flee, but a lot of their success rely on their ability to use toxins which aren't always at their disposal.

7.) Forsaken- The hardest guild to kill with damage, but the toughest guild in my opinion to actually gain the victory in a challenge. They have an extremely easy advantage over the magic classes, but they fail at the damage output and inability to strike 100% versus melee.

8.) Shaman- Not much is really made known about the Shaman, from my experiences they strike for above average damage, but it still feels like they're missing something outside of being able to escape damage with shadows. They just lack the extra punch to get that victory.

9.) Pyromancers- Some of you probably don't agree with the Pyromancers placement here, and I can understand your confusion or disagreement in it. I just don't like how they're setup, but again this is why it's my personal input on what I think are the best challenge guilds. The Pyromancers lack a true escape skill when they're in trouble, and if they try to icewall their opponent in they end up trapping themselves.

I do hope that some of you weigh in and offer in your own ranking system of the guilds. (I was just bored at work and had some time on my hands)
    Last edited by Aaridan; 31 January 2011, 02:04 PM.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Wardens deal the most damage out of any guild. ^_^ Too bad none will ever figure out how to properly optimize it. X_X

But yeah... Forsakens gotta work super-duper hard to earn a kill these days due to that heavy nerf to their damage output. :/ I mean, it wasn't even that big of a deal when they had truestrike... Most barely held their own against mage guilds, especially wardens.

The true potential of Shadow Warriors lies in celica and timing it to disrupt health sipping/arnica applying. It's really hard to pull that off though. :/
    Last edited by Joscelin; 5 January 2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hmm...I think runesmiths have been places a little too low. An all unsurped one could easily decimate an assassin if they hit them with an eternity rune, it's simple, they won't be able to pull off their rubs when they have a three second delay before stabbing.
      Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Hell no. Runesmiths have a lesser chance of toxin locking an average fighter than an Assassin toxin locking someone. Seriously. If someone said, "Oh, Aari did it as a Runesmith." Then bugger that, he was always the exception with any affliction class, because no one can realistically imitate his results with assassins/runesmiths. Use real data from realistic affliction players like Adela or Dran. Those two couldn't land eternity locks on average players at all. Hell, even Aaridan together with Adela couldn't pin down people who got the hang of Eternity back when they were Elysians.

Nobody has whatever crazy internet connection is required to own with the Runesmith. :/ You also have to take into account that many individuals use a ton of scripting on their zmud/cmud, which creates even more lag. No way you can land eternity to kill someone. *has just simply spammed slash on Adela until she was near death to prove how useless eternity was*

I'd rather be an assassin cause toxin cloud also trumps their rune traps anyways. >_> They're nothin' but the equivalent of a shiny-arse forsaken with less health, only one escape skill, and abilities that pitifully tries to imitate other classes in a half-arse manner when pitted against an assassin of incredible experience and practice.
        Last edited by Joscelin; 6 January 2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
          Hell no. Runesmiths have a lesser chance of toxin locking an average fighter than an Assassin toxin locking someone. Seriously. If someone said, "Oh, Aari did it as a Runesmith." Then bugger that, he was always the exception with any affliction class, because no one can realistically imitate his results with assassins/runesmiths. Use real data from realistic affliction players like Adela or Dran. Those two couldn't land eternity locks on average players at all. Hell, even Aaridan together with Adela couldn't pin down people who got the hang of Eternity back when they were Elysians.

Nobody has whatever crazy internet connection is required to own with the Runesmith. :/ You also have to take into account that many individuals use a ton of scripting on their zmud/cmud, which creates even more lag. No way you can land eternity to kill someone. *has just simply spammed slash on Adela until she was near death to prove how useless eternity was*

I'd rather be an assassin cause toxin cloud also trumps their rune traps anyways. >_> They're nothin' but the equivalent of a shiny-arse forsaken with less health, only one escape skill, and abilities that pitifully tries to imitate other classes in a half-arse manner when pitted against an assassin of incredible experience and practice.
          Ah good an excellent debate started! I would have to agree with Joscelin here, where everyone believe eternity is overpowered, it is simply not anymore since water rune got changed not to block speed. It does solely come down to internet speed of being able to show eternity at the maxium speed(sometimes you are forced to show off-balanced which just throws you in a loop) and even then you aren't promised to land it based on your opponents internet speed. Of course if you're facing someone with a lesser connection than yourself you will dominate them without a doubt (Probably why it is called an overpowered skill), but the top tier fighters will be able to crush you into tomorrow. I could sit here all day and discuss the Runesmith guild, but the underlying problem with the guild is the price it requires to be even somewhat good. You'll need a kryllian golem(25 kryllian), kryllian armour(some help with the amount here?), eternity rune(1 kryllian) and a kryllian broadsword(10 kryllian) just to absorb the damage you're being dealt by upper class Melee members. At max a Runesmith can have 103 armour, it is great but hardly good when all your time is spent showing a rune....relying on a golem damage of 100-200 to do your damage for you. The guild was on it's way for a overhaul, but apparently since there aren't any active members anymore it got put on the backburner or forgotten about. I did enjoy my time there, but again as Joscelin said they should get stemmed rolled by any Assassin that remotely knows what they're doing with rubs (IE a Runesmith has to be able to stand to show a rune not to mention the 1.67 seconds (System needed for any runesmith to be decent) you need to time it correctly....(sort of hard when they're constantly falling). I had them at number five because of their problems listed above, not everyone is going to reach those limits and even those that did have struggled, and one of them being my great friend Adela, who I would pick to go in a fight with above nearly anyone else ever.

Well I think I rambled on for enough on that topic.....to clarify why the Pyromancers are again last in my ranking is because it's 1v1....if I was going on a raid Pyromancers would be 4th on the list after the three melee classes. This is because melee guilds do all the work with tanking, if I would have one pick to have *WITH* me in raid, it'd be a Pyromancer.
          Last edited by Aaridan; 31 January 2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

kryllian armour(some help with the amount here?)
            Should be 57 Kryllian.
            We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
              Should be 57 Kryllian.
              With or without shield?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
                With or without shield?
                With the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilshara View Post
                  With the shield.
                  Excellent, so that means a Runesmith to have eternity rune/effective golem/103 armour/and their best weapon they would need to amount a massive 93 kryllian. This doesn't even begin to mention the expensive rune patterns that are involved. Great guild....but mostly aimed for the experienced and elders of Elysium. How can I really complain about the Runesmiths? They were the guild in which I had some of the best memories in.

Comment

The guild was on it's way for a overhaul, but apparently since there aren't any active members anymore it got put on the backburner or forgotten about.
                    When I actively played and was GM, was never given a message or a tell about this. Not one. Guess they didn't think it was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                      When I actively played and was GM, was never given a message or a tell about this. Not one. Guess they didn't think it was needed.
                      I was told that Eternity and Chaos rune were getting removed and there was going to be some skills to replace them along with some other changes that I have somewhere on one of my four computers.....I'll try to find it for you.

I think one of them was getting more out of blunt weapons using their Dwarven background, it was some pretty nifty skill ideas in there.
                      Last edited by Aaridan; 31 January 2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I was told that Eternity and Chaos rune were getting removed and there was going to be some skills to replace them along with some other changes that I have somewhere on one of my four computers.....I'll try to find it for you.

I think one of them was getting more out out of blunt weapons using their Dwarven background, it was some pretty nifty skill ideas in there.
                        Yeah... eternity was suppose to be removed. Runelore becoming more rune trap-oriented and the damage of golems+player were to be increased via use of runed warhammers or something like that.

Another top-tier combat guild should be Traders. David with celica and expert management of his bodyguard was a pain in the arse. X_X My Shadow Warrior was rendered useless with his guard blocking me and azure crystals in directions that are blocked by icewalls. Since Shadow Warriors don't have the damage of a Legion or the staying power of a Templar... being forced to fight standing still was a huge disadvantage. Also you can apparently force yourself to flee and bypass all physical blockage via consuming a certain toxin, and then cure it afterwards. Way better than shadow slip/shadow return as an escape mechanism, cause I can't bloody see which direction did they fled in fear.

Comment

Lariot + Guard blocking is no reason to place a guild anywhere in this list. That's like saying Assassins should be number one solely because they can kill you in 2 stabs.

Yes, it's true, and yes, it works - But no, it's not always going to work.

Also, using Shadow Warriors as an example against this 'top tier combat guild' is even worse. Pitting the worst of the melee guilds against a Merchant guild? I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious.

The best combat guild is the one Relnak has. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                            Lariot + Guard blocking is no reason to place a guild anywhere in this list. That's like saying Assassins should be number one solely because they can kill you in 2 stabs.

Yes, it's true, and yes, it works - But no, it's not always going to work.

Also, using Shadow Warriors as an example against this 'top tier combat guild' is even worse. Pitting the worst of the melee guilds against a Merchant guild? I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious.

The best combat guild is the one Relnak has. Case closed.
                            It works miraculously. Plus his guard is part of his skillset. >_> Totally counts. Trying to kill his guard was harder than trying to kill him because of that barrage of lariots that keep hitting me during the timing where I'm off balance tryin' to kill off the bodyguard. Now I know how Veran must have felt when Leyil kicked his arse as a Merchant. And let's face it... most guilds, if not, all guilds come to rely on the brawling skillset. It doesn't make them unoriginal as a class to use it. That's like saying Runesmiths can't use brawling skills such as hook. Without hook+eternity+chaos, they can't do nothin' to finish off an opponent. There is no hope for them at all.

I still won though! Bleeding damage and a lucky skewer. Which leads to the topic where I hate how relying on a 'lucky' skewer as a means to finish off an opponent. If there was a re-match right now with the Legion-version of myself... he'd probably get squished by the serious damage legions do. Where the Shadow Warriors lack finishing power, Legions totally compensate for that.
                            Last edited by Joscelin; 8 January 2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I agree with Silas, you can't really count the Merchant class types into this equation. Just because one or a few people can do something with their skillsets does not make them a fighter guild. If you wanted them on the list you can place them at number 10. If I was going with what guilds I was able to be the best at, Runesmiths would be number 1, but I know for a fact that a lot of people couldn't duplicate those results.
                              Last edited by Aaridan; 10 January 2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X