Bragging Podium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To also point out another thing about tower raiding:

I must say that I went and inspected the Elysian towers and found that every location has 3 wardens/2 guards that I was a little in shock. Now I am sure most of you don't understand or know how death to NPC's work for tower raiding. Pyromancer/Warden/Shamans don't die when killed, only the guards die. When we used to get raided with some 20+ guards in our towers we'd normally lose about 1-4. Now with only 8 guards in the towers, I can only imagine the true death count a city can even rack up give the 12hr respawn on the towers. Mix this with the overwhelming numbers at the gate and us players who like combat....well as I think Bult mentioned, we start to think to ourselves "What's the point?"

Also I forgot to mention that when the guard levels got increased as did the Wardens/Pyros/Shamans NPCs and now magic in my opinion is far to useful for them not being able to die for NPCs. They attack some 300-400 in what it feels 2x faster than a guard swing.

Golgonath's gate now has an army of 1610 archers/500 soldiers/450 calvary/ and 465 mages.....vs the Elysian gate of 1200 archers/313 soldiers/250 calvary/360 mages...Golgoanth the same very city that just lost the last war by being double teamed. That's more than the total when Golgonath got raided the first time by both cities. It's nearly like a war never even happened, and now with the chance of just 8 guards with a chance of what seems to be a 20% chance of dying for good, how honestly can those who dislike raiding complain that their city is withering away? A good ole city raid is impossible with 20+ NPCs, you'd need AT least 6-7 fully adept warriors to even attempt such a feat and that is probably still with one-three deaths including since most cities setup one group of 20 followed by another set of 20, so by the time you get in after one-three deaths per 20 guards. You've lost people due to them being depressed about dying....people start to lose interest.....and the people leading it start to get frustrated because if there is one defender on that has any concept of defending....it doesn't matter how many people you have, you could have 10 legit fighters to raid and that one person can come in and ruin it for everyone because everyone is battling two guards or wardens.

I do hope I am reaching someone out there....
    Last edited by Aaridan; 4 January 2011, 01:32 PM.
    To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
      I do hope I am reaching someone out there....
      Lol'd.

Trading.
      War system.
      Raid system.

^Things that were promised to be fleshed out.

Trading.
      War system.
      Raid system.

^Things that were never finished and have had band-aid fixes to satiate people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silas View Post
        Lol'd.

Trading.
        War system.
        Raid system.

^Things that were promised to be fleshed out.

Trading.
        War system.
        Raid system.

^Things that were never finished and have had band-aid fixes to satiate people.
        Don't forget ship-armada warfare. X_X

Comment

• Was that actually promised? I remember Aten talking to me about it one day, wasn't sure how fleshed out it go.

Comment

• I do remember the talk about sea warfare, but it never got finished obviously. I do know that the one time we did manage to sail a ship into Elysium from Golgonath it caused a lot of drama and complaining, but it was still a lot of fun.
            To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silas View Post
              Was that actually promised? I remember Aten talking to me about it one day, wasn't sure how fleshed out it go.
              Yeah, it was! Even after Lord Aten. Not sure what the progress on it is right now though...

I do remember the talk about sea warfare, but it never got finished obviously. I do know that the one time we did manage to sail a ship into Elysium from Golgonath it caused a lot of drama and complaining, but it was still a lot of fun.

Ha! I wish I was there. Got a galleon that just float around in the middle of the ocean doing absolutely nothing. >_> I can't even put locks on the captain's quarters cause it has no doors to begin with... so much for having a portable house.

Comment

• Years ago, I submitted a pleasant little bit of writing as part of the Shrine of Dreams competition.

Today, I logged in to see that my area had been approved, built and implemented behind my back. Quite a nice surprise!
                Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

• I've been waiting to do this since the day this thread was created.

You walk proudly in the favour of Jaethor, God of Enlightenment.
                  Skill name Level
                  Brawling Transcendent
                  Agility Transcendent
                  Resilience Transcendent
                  Lore Transcendent
                  Intelligence Transcendent
                  Weapons Transcendent
                  Awareness Transcendent
                  Symbiosis Transcendent
                  Shadows Transcendent
                  Psionics Transcendent
                  Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                  Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Working...
                  X