No announcement yet.

Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should try Resolve carpet cleaner. Pulls double duty as a VERY effective pest killer as well I might add.
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
      You should try Resolve carpet cleaner. Pulls double duty as a VERY effective pest killer as well I might add.
      As much as I joke, Nakarym is not a pest
      Last edited by Jaethor; 12 May 2014, 02:33 AM. Reason: How do I emoticon?
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
        As much as I joke, Nakarym is not a pest
        Just a stain on the carpet.

Comment

• That means your forensic evidence and admissible in court!
          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
            Just a general question:

Why do you play Akanbar?
            As someone else said, growing up in Akanbar and all the friends and experiences you can take away from it. Also, butterflies!
            You lunge at Jaethor, God of Enlightenment, viciously biting his shoulder,
            causing him to cry out in pain.

Comment

• People drew me into Akanbar. Roleplaying and wonder kept me there, to begin with. Then, over time, I found that I was addicted/dedicated to the place. The only other MUD I played before was Avalon, and though I initially liked Akanbar because it had a similar feel to that, I found it was much different in the end. I do often wish roleplaying was more of a factor, these days. When I started, it was a much more common occurrence, and I'd like to see a day where it is like that again. But as someone who works too often to be on with any regularity anymore, I even find myself questioning why I am wasting time roleplaying when I should be..."working"...on farms...etc. Then I remind myself that if I don't do it on occasion, Shax will cease being Shax and just be a zombie.

I keep coming back because of my love of the game, and the people (even though many faces have changed over the years). There are memories I find in places throughout the lands that I can't seem to ever forget, and I think those memories, while haunting me, also draw me back to those places. I've put so much of myself into Shax, and there is so much of Shax that has become a part of me, that I can't escape it really. It would be like trying to separate a part of your personality and putting it on a shelf to collect dust.

It's often my way of relaxing and unwinding after a long day. I somehow...outgrew the drama surrounding in-game events at some point, though I can honestly say it does still have an effect on me. I probably sit quietly in-game thinking to myself more than is healthy, and think about akanbar oocly more than is good for me as well, but it's something I enjoy- and when you truly enjoy something you shouldn't let go of it. You don't outgrow it. You don't get bored with it...it stays with you.

Comment

Why Tuuli here?
                Here is fun!

Comment

• The eyes. They burn! They burn the flesh!

Oooo, when did the anti capslock function get installed?
                  Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I've watched that gif like, a dozen times in a row tonight alone.
                    I will never look at Tuuli the same again.
                    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                      The eyes. They burn! They burn the flesh!

Oooo, when did the anti capslock function get installed?
                      I unfortunately found that out too. No idea!

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                      I've watched that gif like, a dozen times in a row tonight alone.
                      I will never look at Tuuli the same again.
                      Oddly enough, I will.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Why do I indulge in Akanbar...

It is kind of a marvoulous in a way, to give people a chance to be whoever or whatever they want to be, or to do what ever they please. Oddly enough I don't really take advantage of that by mirroring my personality into Vulcan's. Never the less, it is the before stated idea that makes a world like this special.

Also, seeing that I have existed in this world in one way or another for some of the most pivotal years of my life, It is simply hard to escape.
                        Somehow no matter what the world keeps turning
                        Somehow we get by without ever learning

Comment

• With a subtle nod of appreciation to Vulcan's avatar, I will ask another question...

Why don't you play Akanbar more? Of course, we all have our day-to-day life troubles that keep us busy otherwise, but is there anything in particular that comes to mind and stays your hand when you otherwise have free time that could be spent puttering around Akanbar?

Comment

• Well, when looking at it from the perspective of "what makes me play more" I would have to say people being around. If I pop on and many of the people to whom I consider to be friends are on then I am obviously more likely to stick around longer then seeing a single person that is a city enemy in my "who" list. So to answer your question honestly it is a lack of people during certain times of the day. I understand the people problem to be tricky. That is a whole a other thing in it's own. =/
                            Somehow no matter what the world keeps turning
                            Somehow we get by without ever learning

Comment

Just a general question:

Why do you play Akanbar?
                              Well, I've always been on and off with Akanbar, but I play Akanbar, and other games like it, to be able to de-stress and to be able to forget about my RL worries, if even just for a bit. Why I play Akanbar though, is really a combination of why everyone else plays. I find Akanbar fun to play, I've made so many friends from playing Akanbar, and I kind of grew up in Akanbar. I started playing back when I was in middle school, and had to use dial-up(ew) to play. Akanbar will always hold fond memories for me.

Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                              With a subtle nod of appreciation to Vulcan's avatar, I will ask another question...

Why don't you play Akanbar more? Of course, we all have our day-to-day life troubles that keep us busy otherwise, but is there anything in particular that comes to mind and stays your hand when you otherwise have free time that could be spent puttering around Akanbar?
                              I hate to be that guy, but when we talk about free time, and at times mine gets very small, I sometimes choose not to play here because of the lack of true combat between cities. I don't just mean Sunnies vs. Demons, but Ysallyran's too. I also don't mean single person duels/spars. I crave team battles, battles that make us utilize all our skills, skills that were obviously made with team combat in mind. Yes, I do realize there are many opportunities for such things, but I just feel like they don't happen enough.
                              Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                              2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                              Words to Live By:
                              "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                              "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• I said before that I don't play much (if at all) anymore because I wanted to flex my RP muscle somewhere else. I'm not very good at medieval-fantasy RP, granted yes you only get better if you practice, but I can't get into character properly if I'm watching/seeing/hearing something in particular and I'm thinking "this can be done much more efficiently if we did this." I can usually do that in a sci-fi setting.
                                I'm not playing the 'where's the new stuff card'. I'm not going that route plenty of other people have done that. I just sometimes felt like if i were to try, I'd come across opposition on some level.

I also feel like I've reached the maximum of what I can do as Pyrok in Akanbar, sure there's probably three or four books left in him, but I'm somewhat hoping someone else tackles the idea of continuing the Vagabond's Guide to Akanbar (think that's what i called it) collection. Sure I could make another character but eventually, he'll just turn into another Pyrok, admittedly not entirely a bad thing, but not what I'd intend for that character.

When I was still active, I spent virtually every moment here. I can understand wanting to spend more time, but for me that was a slippery slope. Still is. In college I'd spend my whole weekend on there, sometimes not even sleeping (i was a nightowl in college due to how my course schedule worked out)
                                Last edited by Pyrok; 21 May 2014, 03:52 AM.
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X