No announcement yet.

Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least one of them has been fairly obvious since time immemorial.

Play more and find out

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
      *peers into his crystal ball of assumptions*

Golgonath got demonologists... so

Ysallyra - Rangers? This honestly has been a rumor that's popped up for as long as i can remember.
      Aaaand big assumption on Elysium, since they're kind of Golgonath's polar opposite - Demon Hunter? It is the opposite of Demonologist, i guess.
      I know I'm super new and probably won't have any impact on this whatsoever, buuut... I feel that having a Rangers guild in Ysallyra would be a bit generic and dull. Bows and arrows can already be used by those who have the skill in Weapons, plus I can't think of any unique skills a ranger would have apart from toxin arrows... I have a pretty good idea though.

When I was out sailing with Kaal once when I was in Golgonath, we ran into a shade. I think shades are pretty awesome, and maybe like... A Shade Guild would be interesting. They could have more control over the shadow realm... Maybe they could summon that shadow beast to fight for them. Or maybe it could be a Necromancer guild like the ones down in that dungeon.

And yes, come play!
      Last edited by Zema; 2 January 2014, 09:09 PM.
      While you sleep, you begin to dream...
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "You are my favourite disciple, Zema..."

Comment

• Everyone can use a bow, yes. But I think Rangers would be similar in that aspect to every melee guild. Everyone can use every type of weapon, however the melee classes do it better. So, Rangers can use a bow, like everyone else. But unlike everyone else they know more tricks to bows than the average person.

As for 'play more' I'd like to but mudlet doesn't like... (what system am i on now?) Vista. I think. Portal doesn't either, and I can't get my java to work on here. I did try telnet, then I remembered it was telnet.
        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

As for 'play more' I'd like to but mudlet doesn't like... (what system am i on now?) Vista. I think. Portal doesn't either, and I can't get my java to work on here. I did try telnet, then I remembered it was telnet.
          I ran Mudlet on Vista for years, bizarre. PM me if you'd like and we can discuss the problem further, maybe get you fixed.

And as far as the guild speculation goes, you'll just have to see what (if anything!) comes out. Also, remember to tip your coder.
          Last edited by Nakarym; 2 January 2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• I think the other one is monks. At least, that's what I'm hoping anyways ;;

Comment

• My money is on Monks and Druids. I wasn't going to speculate, but since someone else mentioned monks already...
              We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• I almost want to start a pool and see who wins. Almost.
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Here's to hoping if it's monks, it's less prayer, more awesome face-punching action.
                  Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Don't forget the all important shaven heads.

Its Monks for sure. One of those little cretins was pulled from the destroyed monastary by Detahn. I can't say what exactly destroyed the monastary, its a secret, but it was powerful, awe inspiring, and it was a demon. .... Crap, well I guess the secret is out. It wasn't me who told you, right? It was Zema.

I'm actually hoping for monks more along the Friar Tuck line. Fat, sweaty, drunken louts. Drunken master, anyone?

--I played a Neverwinternights persistant world that had a drunken master class mod, so much fun roleplaying that. The rest of the party are stocking up on healing potions, and I'm "More wine! Gods bless the grape harvest."

Their guild tutor can be Father Jack from "Father Ted".

Someone should let me write up that guild, just for the comedy value.
                    We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                      Don't forget the all important shaven heads.

Its Monks for sure. One of those little cretins was pulled from the destroyed monastary by Detahn. I can't say what exactly destroyed the monastary, its a secret, but it was powerful, awe inspiring, and it was a demon. .... Crap, well I guess the secret is out. It wasn't me who told you, right? It was Zema.

I'm actually hoping for monks more along the Friar Tuck line. Fat, sweaty, drunken louts. Drunken master, anyone?

--I played a Neverwinternights persistant world that had a drunken master class mod, so much fun roleplaying that. The rest of the party are stocking up on healing potions, and I'm "More wine! Gods bless the grape harvest."

Their guild tutor can be Father Jack from "Father Ted".

Someone should let me write up that guild, just for the comedy value.
                      1. Create silly fictional parody of monks
                      2. Create catchy and witty insult list for monks in the end of the book
                      3. Donate books to every library in Akanbar
                      4. Watch as no mortal wants to join Monks out of being made fun of
                      5. Profit

Why does no one write books?
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                        Because I haven't ordered them to?
                        We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                          Originally posted by Jaethor
                          Because I haven't ordered them to?
                          Because I haven't ordered him to order them to.

I am shamed.

Afterthought: Consider this the order, we need books!
                          Last edited by Nakarym; 7 January 2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Please. Someone else write, it's very disheartening to go to the Worldsend Library and see that i'm one of the three or four authors of the books there.

Edit: Question: Was 'dumbfound' added in because I actually returned/return on a regular basis now? I feel like it is, and I'm aware that might just be my ego talking.
                            Last edited by Pyrok; 7 January 2014, 04:56 AM.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Edit: Question: Was 'dumbfound' added in because I actually returned/return on a regular basis now? I feel like it is, and I'm aware that might just be my ego talking.
                              Hah, no. Honestly, all 3 of the emotes were lying on a backburner underneath a pile of gasoline soaked woodchips I keep around because who doesn't love the scent of gasoline, fresh cut grass and sawdust? Nakarym wrote the emotes and I promptly forgot about them until the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                                Hah, no. Honestly, all 3 of the emotes were lying on a backburner underneath a pile of gasoline soaked woodchips.
                                Have to admit, at first I just assumed that's how you store things relating to Nakarym in any way.
                                We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X