This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
    I know we have a ton of quests already... Was just thinking of a general idea behind a new type of quest. Two that I don't really see in the land of Akanbar.

Time Trial 1.0
    ---- A gladiator challenge of sorts. Should you survive all a certain amount of time without leaving the designated quest area. During this time, it might be possible for you to kill each thing and thus expedite the time of the quest. Or, you could simply run around and avoid said targets until the conclusion of the time trial. This could be a great quest for both young and veteran players. DISCUSS!
    Wave Trial 1.0
    ---- My main idea regarding this is similar to the boards we have for best fisher... best cartographer. Basically, wave one is ridiculously easy, and wave 50 is ridiculously hard. This idea could be done both single, or with a group. However, I'd suggest you limit the group number to two... On top of that, have two different leader boards. one for singles and another for couples.
    Wave Trial 1.1
    ---- In addition to the idea above: Success would be determined by one of two ways. Either A) you complete the entire wave based challenge by getting to and beating wave 50. Or B) you could "Surrender". Obviously a different command for surrender since we already have that one. However, basically you concede that wave wave X is as far as you can go. Thus ending the challenge and wave instantly and only giving credit for the previous wave that was completed completely. To dumb it down, IF YOU DIE, you get credit for NOTHING! lol.
    Wave Trial 1.2
    ---- Another side thought: Make this particular challenge available only once per year. Could keep track of the Greatest of all time, and then keep track of the greatest of that year... meh.
    Wave Trial 2.0
    ---- Same idea as above, but instead make it a quest. Depending on what wave you make it to, determines the value of the quest. Defeat wave 5 you might get 5 silver. Defeat wave 50 you might get 20 gold.

Anyways! Love hearing feedback.
    These sound like arena games, to be honest.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• I'm slightly confused about the wave trials. Like waves of quests? Or waves of monsters? Cause I like the idea of fighting waves of monsters with a team mate. Could see what interesting combinations of teams you can come up with. I could totally see that being an arena thing that you could do at any time as long as there isn't something else already going. Heh now I want to go play diablo and do greater rifts >.>

I do see what problems that could cause letting whoever have access to the arena. 2 people could hog it up for eternity if they wanted to... it's still a great idea though.
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Seig View Post
        Cause I like the idea of fighting waves of monsters with a team mate.
        sigh Golgonath, you pain me.
        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Heh now I want to go play diablo and do greater rifts >.>
          Exactly this!

Comment

• Sooo... not sure if this is a thing... but Forsaken hearing NPC tells would be excellent. since... people don't like to relay information that they get from them sometimes...

Words to Live By:

Comment

• It is not a thing. I can see how/where it could be considered a QoL addition, but consider this: a lot of the time, we (or at least We) use NPC tells as opposed to shouts/yells/other obnoxious things because we have planned for a one-on-one scenario specifically - if players are failing to pass information on (AS YOU ALWAYS DO, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU), that is something that players need to work on, frankly.

Also, as a slight remedy to the aforementioned mortal failings, don't forget that when you yourself TELL [NPC] whatever, it lets us know that you're looking for interaction. If we aren't busy and have something to offer, we will probably offer it!
              Last edited by Nakarym; 14 October 2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
                It is not a thing. I can see how/where it could be considered a QoL addition, but consider this: a lot of the time, we (or at least We) use NPC tells as opposed to shouts/yells/other obnoxious things because we have planned for a one-on-one scenario specifically - if players are failing to pass information on (AS YOU ALWAYS DO, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU), that is something that players need to work on, frankly.

Also, as a slight remedy to the aforementioned mortal failings, don't forget that when you yourself TELL [NPC] whatever, it lets us know that you're looking for interaction. If we aren't busy and have something to offer, we will probably offer it!
                I feel I should add two things:
                - I kinda told him he should idea it
                - never google QoL at work. What is QoL?

As for players not passing on information, Nakarym's implied hissing and spitting expresses my thoughts too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                  - never google QoL at work. What is QoL?
                  Quality-of-life.

Edit: AND NOT THE OTHER THING OH GOD IT HURTS
                  Last edited by Nakarym; 14 October 2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Quality-of-life.

Edit: AND NOT THE OTHER THING OH GOD IT HURTS
                    that urban dictionary though... always ruining acronyms

edit: Also, I know I am bad at passing on the info. it always comes down to... is this something I should talk about? and I have a hard time differentiating if it should or should not be talked about xD

Words to Live By:

Comment

it always comes down to... is this something I should talk about? and I have a hard time differentiating if it should or should not be talked about xD
                      Generally, there shouldn't be a reason for you to not ICly share information about IC happenings, unless specifically stated. We want everyone to have fun, so if you're getting more people hyped for even the smallest thing, it makes our job more rewarding (and potentially easier, aside). Share, socalise, write books and posts about cool things or even made up nonsense. You guys populate and drive the world, we're just up top for when it needs help or can be made better.

Also to turn infidels into fireworks, that's a big part of it also.

Comment

Generally, there shouldn't be a reason for you to not ICly share information about IC happenings, unless specifically stated. We want everyone to have fun, so if you're getting more people hyped for even the smallest thing, it makes our job more rewarding (and potentially easier, aside). Share, socalise, write books and posts about cool things or even made up nonsense. You guys populate and drive the world, we're just up top for when it needs help or can be made better.

Also to turn infidels into fireworks, that's a big part of it also.

In 90% of situations, sure, but there's sometimes the case of "Maybe I shouldn't share <top secret thing> with <people outside my city>", but not with your own citizens or city leaders isn't right.

You know who you are.

Comment

• I feel like I'm being... greedy posting ideas for Forsakens, but.... I think it would be excellent to be able to mind link with anyone, if not to afflict, to be able to see see things. of course that would mean there needs to be a general skill where anyone who didn't want it could server it.

Words to Live By:

Comment

• Tuuli coast fishing?

Screenshot

Comment

• there needs to be arena events, maybe city sponsored competitions?
                              Last edited by Helios; 7 November 2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by helios View Post
                                there needs to be arena events, maybe city sponsored competitions?
                                help arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X