Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh. Believe it or not, this is the only Mud I play. I played one other one but that was well before Akanbar. I got this idea from Skyrim actually. Meh. It probably will never get implemented and I am fine with that. Just spitting out ideas here, hoping that something gets used, even if it isn't the way i intended.

Comment

• What items would you like to see in future auctions? Try to keep that one simple (You know who you are) and within reason (again, you). We'd like to keep existing options on the board, but it never hurts to toss in a new one here and there.
      Not any specific item that I'd like to see add, though if you press me hard enough, i will divulge my secrets to you in person; However, I'd like to see the implementation of more skills/items that give boosts of one kind or another but then also have some sort of consequences. Take for instance the Forsaken, they have a skill that boosts their max health by 20%. What if there was an item that when worn, gave you the ability to see in the dark, at the cost of 20% max health. Now... Forsaken would never use this cloak for obvious reasons, but it would give another guild something they may feel to be valuable. At the same time, the benefits and consequences could be removed at will. I mean, I love the guild skill the Legion has that puts you on the blood scroll. I wish there was an item that could be found within Akanbar that basically did that as well. Something that all of Akanbar could fight for and kind of be a King of the Hill kind of mentality to maintain it. Something where you die, you drop it, if it doesn't move for a long period of time, it respawns to its original location... That way one person couldn't just acquire it and leave the lands and the item be gone for ever. At the same time, if it is acquired and you log off and log in a week later, you could pick it up and continue with your carnage.

Comment

• Part of what you described sounds like the Gauntlets of Brochdal.
        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Idea:

I'd like to see a creature added to this realm that starts out small and weak. Something that could be killed with a simple flick of the wrist. As this thing dies, it progressively gets stronger though. Maybe it takes 10 deaths for it to need two swings of an iron sword to be killed, then 5, then 10, then 20... and so forth. All the while, it also gets stronger too. Causing more damage to the person that it is attacking it. So, to compare it, it might start out like a rat, then a heretic, then a wraith, wyvern, Mordikhan... and then whatever. The incentive for killing this thing, would be that the gold payout would be related to its strength. So at the beginning, you'd only get 1 copper, 2 silver, 1 gold, 2 gold, 4 gold... potentially getting to a very substantial amount of gold. Could be fun...?

I know this idea is already sort of implemented with the Dungeon... I guess what I am more or less looking for is one creature that kind of grows with the... time spent killing it? So, i guess my idea is really one creature that really could be 20 variations of the creature. Think like a virus or something. With each death, it evolves and starts to defend itself better and hit harder. All the while, it still remains a virus, just each version looks a bit more menacing.

Maybe it starts out by being a leech, jumping off the ground and sucking the blood from its host. A pest, then it gets a sharp tail that it can whip at you as well as sucking blood. Then it gets teeth and tears flesh. Then it gets a hardened exoskeleton, then limbs... then it can spit acid, then it can produce baby larva which would then start their individual cycles all over.

By the time it reaches it's final stage, the payout for basically making this beast so strong would be worth it.
          Last edited by Kaal; 27 January 2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Idea to "solve" (read: make it less 'problematic') the midnight lag spike: Just before midnight, make your character sleep. or do something you know would take a while to do. RP it a bit, treat the lag like a 'fade to black'
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• In the interest in restarting a more interesting and fun thread:
              I'd like to see bows become more viable. IE, able to be used against NPCs as well as players. I think they're fun in concept, but... sort of incomplete.
              We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• This would be nice- a lot of times I find myself...headbutting...or biting deer to death, because it's quick and easy...if not also terribly unrealistic for my tiny tailor. (She's bloodthirsty, okay?) It basically comes down to me not wanting to draw out my sword, swing at the deer, recover balance, sheathe the sword, and go back to business.

I can see where the bows would be abused- obviously shooting an animal from afar with no risk to yourself is going to be abused by someone at some point. So, with npcs, maybe make it where they could only be shot from an adjacent location (where you could theoretically glance over and be able to see the animal). That is more realistic, as well; and the animal, if only wounded, could then go aggressive and enter your location to attack back.

There's some potential that people might use this as a means to "bait" out npcs, though...so. Yeah.

Comment

• ...if you decide to go hunting without your sword drawn, and feel the need to sheathe it after every kill, I can see where this would become a problem!

Anyways, bows. Not going to say using them for hunting some day in the very far future isn't possible, but it's far from likely. Next!

Comment

• I don't. I usually kill the deer when I'm walking around the forest and happen upon one, to turn them in. I don't walk around with my sword drawn, unless I am hunting. My arm would get incredibly tired, if I did.

Idea - Nisse...politics? Or has this been brought up before? There are already a few quests that can be done there, and the village seems to be overlooked rather often, excluding the occasional task that might lead you to it.

Comment

• For hunting, bow and arrows would be in the same room. Attacking creatures from adjacent locations carries with it too many downsides to make it a good option. I too would like to see the archery system used more, but A) I'm not supposed to touch it (I fear beatings) and B) I'm not in the mood to code that yet *cough*... It is a possibility, but again, it'd be for the same room.

Nisse politics: Nisse was originally meant to be a political village, but the higher powers decided to not make it one. Future villages will be political to fill the void, but not sure which.
                      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                        I don't walk around with my sword drawn, unless I am hunting. My arm would get incredibly tired, if I did.
                        APPLY VIGOUR. Toughen up, princess.

Comment

• I was perplexed. All better now!

There's some potential that people might use this as a means to "bait" out npcs, though...so. Yeah.
                          That's kind of the point with archery though, right? Picking off unsuspecting fools er... I mean, wait, yes. Fools. Unsuspecting fools with arrows from afar. Frankly, I too would like to hunt with the bow because hitting a deer, or rather the irritating porcupines, is kind of odd.
                          However, the most fun I've had with a bow and arrow is when everyone started turning into feral zombies. Best. Day. Ever. Shooting Seig (master assassin) at the time with a bow was very satisfying.

I'd just like arrows to hurt more. I've noticed throwing them at people has the exact same effect, so either Pyrok's (and anyone else who throws arrows - or random debris- at people) has one hell of a throwing arm... or i've stumbled across something behind the scenes related and should not divulge more. (Think it has to do with weight?)
                          Last edited by Pyrok; 7 February 2014, 12:13 AM. Reason: IT WON'T LET ME GET RID OF MY FUNNY TITLE!
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• Thread lived for a day, then died again

Idea: More Lore relating to past events/people? Where did Jaethor come from, was Celestial Island ever part of the akanbar mainland, etc etc. Nothing really story impacting, but just bits and bobs able to be viewed.

Also - Maybe a library that isn't the great library? I have no idea where that is, but I would like to read bits and pieces here and there. So maybe a micro-library with copies of certain stories near the crossroads, or on merridan for the novices?

Comment

• Originally posted by zion View Post
                              Thread lived for a day, then died again

Idea: More Lore relating to past events/people? Where did Jaethor come from, was Celestial Island ever part of the akanbar mainland, etc etc. Nothing really story impacting, but just bits and bobs able to be viewed.

Also - Maybe a library that isn't the great library? I have no idea where that is, but I would like to read bits and pieces here and there. So maybe a micro-library with copies of certain stories near the crossroads, or on merridan for the novices?
                              Actually, Every city has their own library. I don't know how the Gods feel about people making copies of existing works (Maybe with the author's permission?) for them, but the potential for new city-centric stuff is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                                Actually, Every city has their own library. I don't know how the Gods feel about people making copies of existing works (Maybe with the author's permission?) for them, but the potential for new city-centric stuff is there.
                                Our rule with the great library is that as long as it's the author submitting a copy, we're fine, but sometimes people don't want their book on the secrets of the Assassins to be open to all. If it's a book from the great library meant for a city library, copy away. Jehan copies books.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X