Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hesitant over villages offering more than they currently do for the simple facts that 1) many people already dislike the obligation of trying to win over villages, and 2) there is very little competition to be seen at present. That's not to say it couldn't fly, just my personal thoughts on the matter.

And Malic is very close, aside from the fact that Gods do not eat lunch and therefore the room would be very improperly named.

Comment

• Assuming that said script happens regardless of a person being there to see it or not.
      If a branch breaks in the snow, and no one is around to see it, does it produce kindling??

Enhanced Ballista = Faster recovery of balance after shot
      I'd rather see cannons.

I alluded to something similar in an old book I wrote. Elysium had cannons... Dwarven make. Was an educated guess on my part, since Tuireann has a blunderbuss locked up in his armory, that the Dwarves had mastered gunpowder/brimstone. (I also figure the Dwarves learned it was too powerful for any of the mortal races to wield)
      Last edited by Pyrok; 20 January 2014, 10:58 PM.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• So, what would the powers that be say to more quests that award more experience? It seems like so many quests focus on gold, and so few on experience. I wouldn't mind seeing a shift in that.
        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
          I'd rather see cannons.
          Another great idea!

Edit:

In truth, I really had thought about suggesting Cannons, but i came to the conclusion that such would be seen as over powering. Though, that is not my personal belief, i believe that the Divine might see it as such.

You know, I can appreciate that this land wishes to direct itself away from the Great Dragons, and there is logic in the reason for doing so. In reality, we should be more grateful to the Divine for the gift that they gave us. However, isn't that more or less the problem with the dragons? A) Nobody remembers them and thus we don't respect them, and B) we are not grateful to the Divine with our not so subtle request for them to return (Roleplaying train of thought). However, the real reason for the want for their return is, and I think everyone will agree, is a progression of the storyline. That is not this idea. Back to the cannons and evolutionary progression. I'd think that at some point, with some mortals being able to shoot fireballs out of their fingertips and lighting and others being able to summon massive beasts of destruction, wouldn't the muggles (harry potter reference) come to their own means to even the odds?

I mean. A thought if you would, wouldn't there be a rivalry between the haves and the have nots? I'd like so see the introduction of guns. Not modern guns, but fantasy guns. No, not everyone would carry a gun either. No, the evolution to guns would not mean we could evolve and start exploring space. The line has been drawn, but maybe the line could be drawn to encompass more? We have Brimstone, and pyromancers have access to blow themselves up. The concept of propulsion is not that far of a stretch. No, no motorized vehicles and nonsense... but, magic infused beasts made completely out of mithril and iron would be amazing. I know, there is a failure in logic with that, but, there are so many failures of logic that this should make little to no difference in Akanbar. The point is, I'd rather fight this kind of beast and have a storyline like that then... well... meh. I like everything done so far, just another idea is all.

*waits for the "Hell No, no way are we making this a robot infested terminator, blah blah... " Okay okay... just an idea! gesh. I will go hang myself tomorrow.

Edit again:

Like this below: This would work perfect in our realm.

dwarf_blunderbuss.jpg
          Last edited by Kaal; 21 January 2014, 02:23 AM. Reason: explanation

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaal View Post
            Another great idea!

Edit:

In truth, I really had thought about suggesting Cannons, but i came to the conclusion that such would be seen as over powering. Though, that is not my personal belief, i believe that the Divine might see it as such.

You know, I can appreciate that this land wishes to direct itself away from the Great Dragons, and there is logic in the reason for doing so. In reality, we should be more grateful to the Divine for the gift that they gave us. However, isn't that more or less the problem with the dragons? A) Nobody remembers them and thus we don't respect them, and B) we are not grateful to the Divine with our not so subtle request for them to return (Roleplaying train of thought). However, the real reason for the want for their return is, and I think everyone will agree, is a progression of the storyline. That is not this idea. Back to the cannons and evolutionary progression. I'd think that at some point, with some mortals being able to shoot fireballs out of their fingertips and lighting and others being able to summon massive beasts of destruction, wouldn't the muggles (harry potter reference) come to their own means to even the odds?

I mean. A thought if you would, wouldn't there be a rivalry between the haves and the have nots? I'd like so see the introduction of guns. Not modern guns, but fantasy guns. No, not everyone would carry a gun either. No, the evolution to guns would not mean we could evolve and start exploring space. The line has been drawn, but maybe the line could be drawn to encompass more? We have Brimstone, and pyromancers have access to blow themselves up. The concept of propulsion is not that far of a stretch. No, no motorized vehicles and nonsense... but, magic infused beasts made completely out of mithril and iron would be amazing. I know, there is a failure in logic with that, but, there are so many failures of logic that this should make little to no difference in Akanbar. The point is, I'd rather fight this kind of beast and have a storyline like that then... well... meh. I like everything done so far, just another idea is all.

*waits for the "Hell No, no way are we making this a robot infested terminator, blah blah... " Okay okay... just an idea! gesh. I will go hang myself tomorrow.

Edit again:

Like this below: This would work perfect in our realm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186[/ATTACH]

No. No dragons. No cannons. No guns.
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• and... another idea!
              I always thought it was a bit... I dunno, strange, that we go to an inn, buy food, and take it with us. every. time. What if, say, you could buy a (possibly non specific) full meal, and devour it on the spot, not unlike the Youth Hostel in Merridan?

Whats that? It would either harm the livelihood of cooks from people buying it and not actual food, or give cooks an unfair advantage over the other trades? No again! in order to offer such meals, a certain amount of cooking ingredients (so much flour, so much sugar, so many eggs, whatever) would be required to be stored in the storeroom (or perhaps in a specific receptacle). in addition, it could be further balanced by forcing the cook in charge to pay a chef in order to offer this service. This last measure would also prevent cities from relying on this in the absence of a cook (IE, if hiring a chef is a skill in cooking, you would actually have to be a cook running the shop to do this).

Lastly, it would ideally be priced such that it was significantly more than regular food, but not exorbitant. so that it would be worth getting if you were almost starving, but would not be something everyone just DID every time they walked into the tavern.

I am fully prepared for backlash, but I think this would be wonderful, purely for making our inns and taverns feel like inns and taverns.
              We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                and... another idea!
                I always thought it was a bit... I dunno, strange, that we go to an inn, buy food, and take it with us. every. time.
                I usually eat right away if I am hungry, after I purchase the food- only reason I cart along the food is for meals when I don't want to be running to a shop all the time.

That being said, I do really like this idea at the root, though, and feel it can be expounded upon;
                - I don't like the option of someone being able to just drop the ingredients and magically have it turned into wholesome meals, even if it is a skill in cooking. You're still having someone else cook the food for you. Leave that to Bramdon...
                - I wouldn't mind seeing an additional skill in cooking, on the higher end, that involved preparing -meals-.

This:
                You purchase a roast chicken with vegetables, handing the shopkeeper one gold coin.
                You begin to eat a roast chicken with vegetables, devouring the meal a little at a time.
                (What happened to the bones?)

...is better than,
                You purchase a pastry, handing the shopkeeper two silver coins.
                You eat a pastry.
                You eat a pastry.
                You eat a pastry.
                etc...

The meals could still be prepared in a similar way, I suppose. You would just need to combine the two items together before cooking them, or cook them in a way that combines them?

Stuff sausage in a side of lamb and roast it- slap some vegetables in a pan with some fish?

- honestly, this may horribly complicate cooking.
                Last edited by Shax; 21 January 2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                  Stuff sausage in a side of lamb and roast it- slap some vegetables in a pan with some fish?
                  I like the sound of this, could we swap the vegetables for some bacon and a few steaks though?

I'm down with meals, lets have them.
                  We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Nobody has heard of bacon.
                    Unless you found some pigs...

Steaks- get yourself a better butcher.

Comment

• Life without bacon isn't a life worth living.

New Plot Idea: The lands get invaded by an army of grain fed pigs. Malic eats his way to victory.
                      Last edited by Malic; 21 January 2014, 05:04 AM.
                      We don't need no water, ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                        and... another idea!
                        I am fully prepared for backlash, but I think this would be wonderful, purely for making our inns and taverns feel like inns and taverns.
                        To be honest, this idea has been submitted before, but in tavern idea, so if there were any backlash from me, you'd have heard it by now. I've got no real objections to it (though I would vehemently object to removing the existing way of buying food to implement this). Quite honestly, I don't mind this and assume that since it's been idead before by multiple people (don't abuse this theory), it's popular, but for now it won't really receive higher priority than other ideas on my idea chart.
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malic View Post
                          Lord Jaethor is of course referring to the lunch room where the gods meet.
                          No, I'm realizing no one knows what I was reference and I won't divulge it.

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                          I alluded to something similar in an old book I wrote. Elysium had cannons... Dwarven make. Was an educated guess on my part, since Tuireann has a blunderbuss locked up in his armory, that the Dwarves had mastered gunpowder/brimstone. (I also figure the Dwarves learned it was too powerful for any of the mortal races to wield)
                          This was removed years ago.

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                          So, what would the powers that be say to more quests that award more experience? It seems like so many quests focus on gold, and so few on experience. I wouldn't mind seeing a shift in that.
                          I'm fine with this, though it would be more of a consequence than a focus of a quest (there are a few odd ideas for quests we have floating around that we'll eventually put in, but only when the timing is right.)

Originally posted by Malic View Post
                          New Plot Idea: The lands get invaded by an army of grain fed pigs. Malic eats his way to victory.
                          While I normally overlook and blatantly ignore idead plots/events, I cannot pass this one up. Therefore, I will schedule it for when you are asleep. Thank you.
                          Last edited by Jaethor; 21 January 2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shax View Post
                            Nobody has heard of bacon.
                            Unless you found some pigs...
                            Boars are pigs, they just don't know it yet. I tried very hard back in the 'mists of time' to put a boar inside my pan in the hopes of getting bacon. This was after the whole Lump Army incident though.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

• I'd like to see the implementation of Village politics affecting one another. A great web of relations between all villages/cities of Akanbar. So much so that the villages send trading caravans to one another. This would not only increase the opportunities to Ransack Caravans, but might also help the economies. From a role play perspective, some villages should be more closely aligned to each other than others. For isntance, due to proximity, Travanok and Haddam, and Marinford might seen as single unit. Whatever one does, the other two would like to follow. Should all three be allied to one city, Khazir might feel threatened or some other none sense and resist alliance with the same city and seek out another.

Another Idea: I'd like to see the implementation of a actual lumber mill. Something that all mortals could interact with and possibly acquire wood from. Something like, there is 10 bundles of wood needing to be dealt with. Pay a certain fee to operate the lumber mill. If there is no wood to be utilized, a simple statement stating that there is no work currently to be had. Could help village politics, forloch would be the most obvious location

Comment

• Another Idea: I'd like to see the implementation of a actual lumber mill. Something that all mortals could interact with and possibly acquire wood from. Something like, there is 10 bundles of wood needing to be dealt with. Pay a certain fee to operate the lumber mill. If there is no wood to be utilized, a simple statement stating that there is no work currently to be had. Could help village politics, forloch would be the most obvious location
                                I may be mistaken, but I know where you're getting the idea from, or I've at least seen it done in another instance. Akanbar tends to avoid doing something done in another game. It may already exist in terms of a room description or may be heavily implied (IE Forloch lumberjacks) but I don't think it'll ever become an actual interactive feature. (Besides, Forloch's nowhere near a river, how would you power that?)
                                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Working...
                                X